Saturday, 28 July 2012

mid winter, bright florals

laneway_esme instagram vintage floral red hair
Thank you so much for the lovely comments on my last post. It felt really good to wear a vintage dress that wasn't the summery, full skirted 1950's ones I've been wearing for months now and had grown so accustomed to. Style, personal style, is a funny thing. Always evolving, always affected by practicalities and by the intangible.

I often think I'd like to have regular posts on here, and then remember that I am what we shall refer to as free spirited. Schedules? Routine? Pah. But there is something so attractive about them, too. We'll see. I do miss posting on a more regular basis. I really want to get a couple of hair posts done very soon, for reasons that will become clear shortly! One is shot, and hopefully I'll be up to shooting – or even filming! – some more over the next two days. I am still under the weather, and planning on spending a lot of the next days beginning with S (the best days of the week, yes?) getting some much needed rest, drinking lots of fresh fruit juice and possibly eating croissants. In life, one must have balance!

Here are some more pics from my Instagram. I really enjoy Instagramming and have been finding it more... comfortable? free? than blogging lately. These show some of my late June and early July, winter proper. New shoes, good food, great Melbourne cafes and beautiful plants and flowers. It's been good. Now I need to drink some Lemsip (ugghh-ghhh) and quash these idle thoughts of mine suggesting that I possibly have pneumonia. I don't have pneumonia! I need distracting, clearly. Have a great weekend! x

laneway_esme instagram vintage deco mirror cafe tulips melbourne cheerio laneway_esme instagram vintage book hot chocolate teacup laneway_esme instagram veg vintage plate laneway_esme instagram red shoes vintage dress laneway_esme instagram leaves red laneway_esme instagram gorman shoes cecilia laneway_esme instagram gingham tofu food laneway_esme instagram fireplace globe laneway_esme instagram Babycat laneway_esme instagram cafe melbourne cheerio plant laneway_esme instagram vintage floral shoes

18 comments:

Teresa said...

Instagram. It kinda is blogging on your phone isn't it? I love it!

Sorry to hear you're under the weather. Enjoy your S days (definitely my favourite days too!) and I hope you feel better soon. xo

Aloysia Adinda Nareswari said...

i really love all the photos! so inspiring!

http://dindaloysia.blogspot.com

Jessica W said...

You look divine and these pictures are loveeeeeely
I love instagram too :)

The Lovelorn

june said...

The pictures in this blog are always so nice but this time they are incredible!!Wow**

mamaartista said...

Hola! Me encanta tu blog. Espero que te guste mi espacio de Moda: mamaartista
¿Te parece si nos seguimos? Tengo página en Facebook: Sígueme en Facebook
Gracias y Un saludo L+

Miss Tallulah Porkchop said...

BBC!!!!!

Aoife said...

What is your name on Instagram? I'd love to follow you! I'm @grotesqueburlesque ♥

Kimberley said...

I'm looking forward to see some hair posts, you have such lovely hair! Oh and that teacup is so pretty!! Blog the way that you like to, I do think that you post frequently luckily :) I enjoy reading them!

Trina44 said...

Love the flowers, what kind are they?

Meg Eileen Carroll said...

Such pretty photos. you have such lovely floral china. flowers, food and shoes = perfect! hmmm... and I'm a bit puzzled about your comment about reasons for doing more hair posts. a new colour? a new length? I can't wait to see!

http://meggymoo0.blogspot.com

Lynn Dylan said...

Dear Marianne, I hope you are all better when you read this. No pneumonia!! Love the pictures.

xx
Lynn

Jessica Cangiano said...

You post so often, I would have guessed that you were on a blogging schedule. Not that it really matters one way or the other, if you ask me. I think that so long as one has a fairly routine posting frequency (you've got that down pat for sure, dear gal) and interesting posts (also thoroughly covered), that's way more important than adhering rigidly to the same days of the week. Blogging, after all, should always feel much more like fun than drudgery!

♥ Jessica

Christina said...

Such lovely photos! I must confess that I'm a little addicted to Instagram. :)

xx Christina

Miss Maple said...

I like these random pics. The red and yellow wine leaves in front of the grey wood. The veggie meal on the nice plat. The lovely teacup filled with hot chocolate looks so yummy. And I love, love, love old mirrors with some blind spots and a little bit rust. And last not least beautiful you with gorgeous hairdo and nice hairflower. Wish you lots of fun in midwinter while we have it way to hot in the middle of Europe. Hugs from Miss Maple

AngeliqueDama said...

Wonderful as always<3

Kristi said...

What is your instagram name? I'd love to follow you.

www.messofadreamerdesign.blogspot.com

Kristi said...

What is your instagram name? I'd love to follow you.

www.messofadreamerdesign.blogspot.com

FashioNatalie said...

Love the shoes!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...