Monday, 9 July 2012

new shoes and new cardigans and vintage things and brand new things too

vintage blue cardigan yellow skirt g
So Saturday rolled around at last (hooray!) and it was beautiful and sunny. Having concentrated on getting some summery things together for so long – it's the one season I am always under prepared for – I think I can finally say I am ready for it next time. What do you think? And so it was time to decide what to wear. The vintage wardrobe rack is looking pretty full and foral!
Baby cat warming foot in the sun b
I asked Babycat what she thought, but she was busy warming her tiny foot on the glass, heated by all that sun.
Baby cat warming foot in the sun
See? Really warming away there. Absolutely not just another gratuitous picture of Babycat.
vintage blue cardigan yellow skirt a
The yellow floral vintage skirt spoke loudest. I wore it with my new 1950s wool cardigan. I just love the colour and the beading, and it fits so well and goes with so many things! What a find!
vintage blue cardigan yellow skirt e vintage blue cardigan yellow skirt d
I love the fullness of this skirt, too, and the flowers are nice for this weather that looks bright and warm but was actually freezing cold. I hope you don't think I am complaining about the cold though. I love this time of year and would rather it be too cold than too hot any day! I am just loving, loving that it's winter right now.
vintage blue cardigan yellow skirt b
Even if Babycat's baked beans get cold on the wooden floors.
vintage blue cardigan yellow skirt f
I also wore my brand new Gorman shoes and I LOVE them. They go with even more things than the cardigan (!) and will be a staple for a long time. They are SO perfect for me!
gorman shoes vintage blue cardigan yellow skirt b
I am also feeling like wearing coloured tights and over the knee socks again. I've had enough of black opaques everyday, and, now I have the perfect winter shoes, look forward to having different colour combinations. It's such a small thing really but it does make a difference! I love the warm tan of the shoes with my olive green ribbed socks. There is an awkward librarian thing going on with it that's right up my alley. Oh, yeah, and BEST PHOTO BOMB EVER. Her face!!! She needed more snuggles and a nice look out of the window, so I scooped her up and we watched the sun go down together.
vintage blue cardigan yellow skirt c

33 comments:

Q's Daydream said...

Oh so lovely! I just adore the way you mix patterns and colors. So inspiring! Oh, and baby cat is just too cute!

Vivian said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Teresa said...

Loooooove your cardigan!
Perfect length, perfect colour. Perfect!

Babycat is the cutest.

Rae - Say It Ain't So said...

i love that skirt! almost as much as i love seeing baby cat! how sweet is she with her little paw against the window!

Technicolor Cutie said...

Super cute! I love the skirt and sweater together! How cute is your cat?!

Miss Tallulah Porkchop said...

BABY CAT! *pat, pat, pat*

That cardy is AWESOME.

Shay said...

I love that skirt. Being Canadian [although not living there now] I am wondering what you consider freezing cold. Love your blog been reading for months first time commenting.

Meg Eileen Carroll said...

I love vibrant colours all year round, so I am loving that vibrant blue cardi and yellow sunshine-y skirt. and I agree, I'd take winter coldness over the boiling summer heat any day.

http://meggymoo0.blogspot.com

Vintage Hippo said...

Such a cute post! I love when the kitties make an appearance. And that cardigan?? Awesome find. Definitely having some closet envy!

Hannah said...

Oh my gosh, that cardigan is to die for! And the shoes, oh the shoes! They look so comfortable, like you can walk all day and not get your toes splished in the puddles!

Sarah Dee said...

Girl! You are making me miss winter (which is insane!) and you look so cute! I am in love with those shoes <3 <3 <3

♥Sarah♥
theantiquepearl.blogspot.com

Konad-licious said...

Bum bum bum! I had that cardi in my Etsy cart for AGES before finally taking it out thinking I can do without it....now seeing it on you, I realise I cant live without it!! Looks gorgeous on you xx

Kristian said...

A cute skirt+sweater combo. Your closet looks so flowery and summery (though it seems to be coming on winter where you are...)

Lydia N. said...

LOVE those shoes!And I love your hair color :)

Llara is the Little Scribbler said...

That outfit is like a ray of sunshine! It's summer here and has barely stopped raining for the last 3 weeks! I needed a dose of sun, so I thank you :)

Katie B said...

What amazing colours - the outfit AND your home! I'm sure you can't help but smile when wearing these beautiful clothes!

Katie

Pull Your Socks Up! said...

Hooray for all that wonderful colour in such cold weather!! Yes, I'd say you're spring ready and I can't wait to see your new frocks on:) x

Selina said...

The weather in London is disgusting right now so I'm tempted to hunt around for something similar :P Love the outfit, that skirt style is wonderful

Lynn said...

I just love these pictures! You look so sweet -- always beautiful too -- in these photos. Have a lovely day!

xoxo
Lynn

PS -- same to Baby Cat

Esz said...

You look so good in autumn colours! :-D Those shoes are fab too! I still haven't found my perfect winter shoes. Boooo


Ha - do you end up spitting out Babycat fluffs after every cuddle like that? So much fur! And how cute are those toe-beans (I call them toe-beans) hehee. :-D And Toe-hawks!

LandGirl1980 said...

Mmmm....mmmm...mmmmm... GREEN LEG COVERINGS!!!!! My fave :)

Sarah said...

Love this outfit, especially the cardigan! It's such a lovely colour. Babycat is the cutest thing <3

Sarah
{amongthedancers.blogspot.co.uk}

Megan said...

So sweet how you call Babycat's paw pads "baked beans". =)

I love those shoes. LOVE them!

Hannah said...

The skirt is gorgeous! and that cardigan is lovely as are the shoes, just altogether lovelinessxx

Eva Wu said...

perfect pin up look!
(http://thirtiesinthecity.blogspot.de/)

Self-Dressed said...

what an amazing outfit!!!!!
Just found your blog and I think is super!

kisses dear!!!
self-dressed.blogspot.com

esme and the lane way said...

thanks everyone! Babycat says hai and thanks for the pats Miss Chop!

Shay: hello and thanks for commenting! Freezing here is definitely different to Canada..! The temperatures are warmer than the London ones I grew up with but feel colder. And we don't get snow in the city – frost, but no snow! :)

Konad-licious: Oh nooooooooo I hate it when that happens! Um, it's gone to a loving home? (does that help..?) :)

Esz: Babycat's fluff gets everywhere OMG!!! And toe beans! That's SOOO cute! And toe hawks! Does Boofy have massive claws? :D

Jessica Cangiano said...

You two are off-the-charts adorable! Wonderful outfit for sure, turquoise and yellow make for such cheerful, perfectly summery partners.

♥ Jessica

Helen said...

Colourful tights always cheer me up in the winter! In the summer too in fact. The skirt is completely amazing, I love it

Cation Designs said...

De-lurking to say that I love it when Babycat shows up in your pictures! I am in love with her little pink jellybeans...my Walnut would seriously have a crush on her! He has little licorice-flavored jelly beans though.

Esz -- I call them toe-hawks too!

Kelly-Marie said...

Awww that last picture is so lovely. I have totally fallen in love with babycat over your Instagram, she is such a beauty ( she suits you to a tee) ;).
Wow that cardigan is AMAZING, the colour is incredible.
xx

Dropstitch said...

baby cat is looking even cuter and fluffier in this post than usual <3

Miss Whittington said...

That last photo is so lovely! I wish I could pull of coloured tights like you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...