Friday, 24 August 2012

how to: vintage inspired updo hair tutorial (video)

As promised, here is my video tutorial on the hair I had in these two posts:

http://esmeandthelaneway.blogspot.com.au/2012/04/my-picnic-at-hanging-rock-dress-and.html

http://esmeandthelaneway.blogspot.com.au/2012/06/warm-winter-saturdays-and-vintage.html

So many things to tell you about this! Basically I realised I had to do it on that particular day or never, as I'd decided to get my hair cut and wouldn't be able to do my hair like this for a while. I am going to make more videos in the future, and learned heaps from doing this one! (I'm also talking quite quietly because my friend was coming round and I had the door open for her, and felt just a little bit odd talking to "myself", and didn't want her to hear me!)

Please let me know if there are things (other than the lighting an general photobooth-ness of it all; I know, I know, ha) that would make it more helpful. I now know that videos need to be under 15 mins, so I had to hack my 16 min video down, so yes, the editing is pretty, uh, well... but you can see what I'm doing, so I hope it's helpful. x






16 comments:

Rebecca Ann said...

I absolutely loved this. Your video was very timely as I was wanting to see how to do the swirls. Thank you are showing us so precisely and explaining it well. I am going to try it tomorrow.

Blessings,
Rebecca

Kelly said...

Your accent kills me it's so proper and prim. Make more videos! I loved this one!

Jessica Cangiano said...

Lovely, helpful tutorial, thank you for creating this piece for us, dear gal. Can't wait to see more in the future.


♥ Jessica

Betty-Lou Do said...

so lovely can't wait to try

Sarah Dee said...

Great video! Thanks for all the tips! Plus your accent is super adorable!

xoxo Sarah
theantiquepearl.blogspot.com

Miss Maple said...

You're looking so great in these two posts. In the first one you look like a princess from a fairy tale, in the second one I like the colour combinaton of your outfit so very much. The tutorial is very helpful. Thanks a lot.

Agnus said...

I let myself give you the versatile blogger award. i hope you have nothing against it and you'll treat it as something nice. You can join if you want. here's the link: http://agnus8.blogspot.com/2012/08/wyroznienie.html

xoxo,
Agnieszka

Katie said...

Beautiful! Thank you for making and posting this charming video.

Suzi Maynard said...

Hi sweetheart! Hope you're well. I've lost my voice, so am feeling a tad frustrated since I love talking. I loved this tutorial!! I'm not great at up-dos and you've given me some great ideas here.
Hoping your weekend is grand!
Suzi x

Anonymous said...

Hi! I'm a 17 years old girl from Norway and found your blog for some weeks ago, and I just have to say that I love it!! :) I have been looking for a blog like you have a long time, and now I have found it :) I just love your style, it's amazing!! I have always loved old things and old fashion, and becomes so inspired of your outfits. Thank you for having a such a good blog :D

PeanutButterHound said...

Brilliant tutorial! Thank you for sharing.

Gorgeous hair style! I might give this a try tomorrow!

Now where are those bobby pins...

Xx

Charlotte said...

I love this hairstyle! I've always wondered how you did, so cheers a lot for sharing!

polly said...

Wonderful tutorial. I'm so so grateful that you took such time and care to instruct where exactly the pins should go. I find this is something no other tutorial (or even books on styling) give much weight to, yet it's the core of my hair issues . So i'm over the moon with your vid, thanks so much!!

Áurea López said...

Great!!!, but my extracurly hair I think can´t .

Jamie Rose said...

This was such a great tutorial! I love seeing how people style their retro-inspired hair-dos. This one is particularly cute! I love all the swirls. I've definitely been inspired to try something like this! I have bangs though so I'll have to work around those.
Also, your accent is so pretty!

Stefanie said...

I just came back to your blog to look at your video again because I want to learn how to do loose vintage inspired updos. I have very thin hair and thought I couldn't do updos that are voluminous but I just coloured my hair so it has more texture and this worked great.

Thanks so much. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...