Thursday, 23 August 2012

my new blue vintage shrug and winter skies

vintage blue cardigan shrug d
After buying my vintage blue cardigan and finding I was getting sooooo much wear out of it, I decided to keep searching through etsy for more vintage knitwear. I found this amazing vintage wool shrug, and while I wasn't initially looking for another blue one, I thought it was super cute. The size is perfect and anyway a shrug is entirely different to a cardigan, right? Right!

I wore it last weekend with my asos full skirt, my new shoes from Gorman (they deserve a post of their own, I think – as does my shrug, to be honest, but I am a bit all over the place with posts at the moment!) and my vintage winter coat. I realised that the Melbourne winter I was posting about here looked really quite warm, and I am pleased to show that it does get pretty cold, too... then again, these pictures are really sunny! Do note the dark grey skies and the strong (and very cold!) wind; I was VERY pleased to have my coat that day!

I left my hair in its natural state for about a week (um, I did wash it, though), as it is a little shorter than I have ever pin curled before. I have been curling it again now, though, and it is always my favourite way to have it. I'll post about how I set it when I have it down pat; I'd already forgotten how different it needs to be from longer hair pin curling sets, even though it was more or less this length last Christmas!

Finally, I am getting a new camera on Saturday, so I can take my own outfit shots again. These were taken by John (big thanks!) and I can't take outfit shots on my own with my current camera+lens combo (I don't fit)(and my 18-55 lens I used to use for this is broken) but rest assured, there will be more soon..! I am a bit sad that winter is ending though. I feel like it has only just begun! I kinda hope there are a few more weeks of cold weather, dark skies, log fires and cosy nights... then again, I think I'm starting to look forward to some warmer weather clothing. We had a beautiful, warm and sunny start to the day this morning, but as I am writing this there is a rain storm rattling down on my tin roof, the sky is black and the temperature has definitely dropped, so I will probably be enjoying a bit more winter yet. x

vintage blue cardigan shrug c vintage blue cardigan shrug b vintage blue cardigan shrug a vintage blue cardigan shrug f vintage blue cardigan shrug e

29 comments:

Charmaine said...

Those heels are fierce. I am impressed you can walk in those!

Porcelina said...

Very pretty, I love the shrug and the metallic skirt makes it very 'now' at the same time as being quite vintagey!

Miss P xx

LandGirl1980 said...

You can never have too many cardys :)

Liv Lundelius said...

Really like that outfit! In love with your shoes. And you suit that pink hair.

Kristian said...

Adorable shrug!

Eva Wu said...

i love your blog and i'm following you on bloglovin

Is It Secret, Is It Safe said...

That's a beautiful sweater! I've been trying to acquire more vintage knitwear, too!

-Katie

samovaren said...

i am loving the outfit completely and utterly. <3 especially the bag! where did you get it from?

samovaren said...

i am loving the outfit completely and utterly. <3 especially the bag! where did you get it from?

Eccentric Owl said...

I adore your hair! It's SO pretty. I've always loved people who can wear pastel hair and still look vintage and pretty. It's something I would try in my wild dreams, but I'm too afraid it would be too damaging since I have naturally dark hair.

Your shoes are fantastic, too. And the whole outfit. I can't wait for cooler weather to permanently come around here, I'm so ready for fall and winter fashion!

Becky said...

What a beautiful skirt!

Becky
xx

Becky said...

What a beautiful skirt!

Becky
xx

Angie said...

this is really beautiful :) I love how well put together it looks!


x
Angie
sundaybelle.com

Jessica Cangiano said...

So stylish, and oh-so-cute (as always!). I adore the start-of-spring light in these wonderful photos, it's so very different from the heavy golden light of late summer here in Canada right now.


♥ Jessica

Michelle said...

Ahhh, you're so cute, I really can't stand it! This outfit is so perfect on you. Looove the skirt!

Also, your hair looks really lovely straight for a change :)

Helen said...

That coat is beautiful, I even feel slightly excited for winter here in the UK looking at these photos. It does look like a gorgeous crisp winter day

Jade Doherty said...

love those shoes. Just blogged alittle about you. Blog envy haha

Miss Woody said...

gosh you're absolutely adorable with pink hair....

Meg said...

You are adorable!! I'm loving this look! Xo
megthecoolgirl.blogspot.com

Teresa said...

Your shrug is darling and I adore the colours of your outfit.

I've been noticing the sun starting to shine for longer and while it's been nice to get more sunshine I'm going to miss the colder months too.

Miss Tallulah Porkchop said...

Oohh... your hair is fab straight, too.

Love the cardy, v cute.

Romance Dame said...

So beautiful! I love that box pleat skirt.

Esz said...

Oh those shoes are way cool. Comfortable? I've been on the hunt for navy shoes for a while but also want the heel to be the same colour. HMM.

Your hair looks cool straight too :-D

esme and the laneway said...

samovaren: oops, I forgot to list it :) it's from asos, about 6 months ago.

Jade Doherty: how do I see it? :) DO I need to join google+?

Esz said: SO so comfortable, even though they look high. I luvs them ;)

Jade Doherty said...

http://wrongsideof20.blogspot.co.uk/

here it is. its just how i want my blog to be. your such an insiration and i love seeing that you have updated.

Ragazza Bazaar said...

Your Unique Flare is so Glamorous!
www.ragazzabazaar.com

OrigamiGirl said...

Those heels are incredible! They look so cool and colourful, but I know I would last a few steps walking in them. I can admire from afar though.

www.origamigirlheroics.blogspot.com

Jamie Rose said...

Gorgeous! A shrug is definitely different than a cardigan haha. I have so many sweaters and cardigans ans stuff it's kind of ridiculous so I understand the urge to buy more. They're just so comfy. Looking at your posts makes me wish fall and winter would get here!

Kym Piez said...

It's my first visit to your blog. I've been looking through the Top 100 Blogs on Kidspot. I love style blogs, and especially yours!

I will be back. x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...