Thursday, 16 August 2012

that perfect saturday (with lots of pink things and even more food)

saturday pink fitzroy blossoms pretty house front melbourne
Here is my Saturday from a couple of weekends ago. Remember the one where I went away for the night? Well, this is that day. It was my first day with my pink hair (wow, it's faded so much since then, and I cannot wait to experiment with pastel lilac hair next!) and was yet another of our wonderful Melbourne winter days. Still, I have to stress these aren't the norm for us; just a few days later I was outdoors in the early afternoon, shivering in lots of layers plus my long wool coat and sinking into rain soaked mud... brrr, enough of that, and back to the sunny Saturday.

We started the day by meeting with some friends for breakfast at a cafe in Coburg. I really liked the light fittings and the place looked great. Mushrooms, salmon, poached eggs and toast... we then went and visited some more friends who are renovating at the moment. It's coming along so well and I can't wait to see it all finished – not as much as them though, I know! After that it was off to Fitzroy where I bought a pair of shoes that were on sale for 70% off (yew!) and will feature in a post very soon, and then it was time to go home and pack for our night away.

My streamline makeup for the night – traveling light!

We stayed at our friend's house, an amazing art deco place with a real, working fireplace... bliss. He also cooked up the most amazing roast chicken I've had in my life, and we thought, you know, three people, three bottles... it was such a good Saturday! More please!

po lights po lights 2 mushroom breakfast hollandaise breakfast salmon breakfast sausage breakfast blue house pink hair yellow screwdriver birdhouse roofless building fitzroy makeup for overnight me and my vintage red hat box roast chicken best ever action chicken gravy fat sparrow wine fireplace

26 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh I know how you feel with your hair fading. I had mine died BRIGHT red-orange a couple of months ago, and when I look at photos from when it was fresh I hardly recognise myself! Getting it done again soon though, and your pastel hair has inspired me to try pastel orange! :)

Zoë said...

It does look like a perfect Saturday, good food, good wine and friends! I love the pink and red theme you have going on.

Esz said...

The best thing about this post? The wine in tumblers :-) gotta love that!

In The Heyday said...

Loving your hair! What a shame it fades so easily.

Aurè said...

Ciao/Hi there...Great Post, I liked it!
Love the photos of Food...da leccarsi i baffi!...so inviting, so mouthwatering!
Love Your Outfit!!
Greetings from Italy

Sleekit said...

Your foody pics are making my hungry!

Really loving the pastel hair, looks fabulous!

Sleekit x

Josefina said...

your face looks so fresh with that hair color, love it. and i also like how you cut it much shorter, this is the best hairstyle you've ever had. in my opinion though. and yummy foooood! oh my!

Lynn Dylan said...

Great photos as always! Love all the pink!

xx
Lynn

Katie Frank said...

those pictures are so adorable <3 you are so beautiful. you inspire me. really. you are so beautiful, your beauty is uniqe <3
http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/
http://www.facebook.com/CoeursDeFoxes

Kristian said...

Such a fun a fun trip; love the pink on pink.

Meg said...

Yum yum yum! Loving these pictures and your SUPER cute pink hair!! Xo
megthecoolgirl.blogspot.com

Rachel said...

Sounds like a lovely and yummy weekend!

Jessica Cangiano said...

I'm still in awe of how cute and pretty your hair is. I've seen a fair number of people venture down the pink tresses path, but none, I do believe, looked half as great as a "pinkhead" as you do, dear gal.

♥ Jessica

Aloysia Adinda Nareswari said...

yes, it's like a perfect Saturday! I'm so in love with the first and the second photo, looks so retro!

http://dindaloysia.blogspot.com

Living Vintage said...

So jealous of your hair. It is so adorable.

Miss Meadows said...

Don't think I ever mentioned how I love that pink hair of your's! A bit sad it fades so fast - but a good opportunity to experiment with other colors. Looking forward to seeing you i lilac! A while ago I saw a girl with really beautiful dark green hair, and got a bit of a dying-urge myself. Only problem is both she and I are represented by the same modeling agency, so getting the same hair color as she might be a bad idea...Hm... :) xx

A French Diary said...

Pink hair suits you so incredibly well !!
I've been reading you for years now and I think it's your best color so far, and dark brown was very beautiful too. I love how you play with hairstyles !

mariell. said...

i can't get over your pink hair! it makes you look even more like a fairytale warrior princess than ever!

looks like you had an awesome saturday, darling.

Meg Eileen Carroll said...

my life seems so boring and mundane in comparison. the grey coat looks so cute with the pink hair, and of course goes perfectly with your vintage pink dress. so much good food! yummo!

http://meggymoo0.blogspot.com

LandGirl1980 said...

The photos of that chicken have just made my tummy grumble!

The Frilling said...

You look so beautiful! Love the hair!!

www.thefrilling.com

Stonnington Fashion said...

I love you hair colour; totally suits you. Also the food looks amazing and perfectly wintery. Wishing for a free weekend to copy you soon ;)

Nesmith said...

What happened to your blog being about your fabulous outfits? All I see are pictures of avocado on toast and poached eggs everyday. At least provide recipes or something if this is a foodie/lifestyle blog now.

esme and the laneway said...

Nesmith: it's for a practical reason: my 18-55mm camera lens broke. I can't fit myself into my fixed 1.8 when I'm at home, but I'm getting a new camera on Saturday and will be taking lots of outfit photos from then on! :D

Liv Lundelius said...

That picture in the car mirror is so cool!

http://www.maleassassinhair.com.au said...

Beautiful photography.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...