Monday, 20 August 2012

the following perfect sunday

deco ceiling detail
To follow on from my last post of a perfect Saturday in Melbourne, here is the day after – Sunday! I love waking up in a new place, and this is my day from the very start: the first thing I saw when I opened my eyes was the deco ceiling detail. We were then treated to a beautiful sunny morning, and were lucky to enjoy it from a sunny balcony. LOVE Melbourne's Deco apartments! We had coffee and pastries for breakfast (Sunday treat!) and then it was time to leave this lush part of Melbourne, down by the sea, and head further North for a family visit. Italian family visits involve cake... more food!

On quite the sugar and caffeine high, it was back in the car and off to meet up with a couple of friends at a new cafe in Collingwood. Driving along the Yarra is beautiful – there is a bit lined with these amazing old apartment buildings and they're so gorgeous. Back on the North side, more coffee (!) and some healthier food went down well. We appreciated some warmth too, as the sunny morning gave way to a dark and stormy afternoon. My sunglasses had broken so I had to wear an old emergency pair of mens' ones, which looked pretty funny! It's ok, I've got some new ones now!

And that was my perfect weekend! I have some clothing posts and makeup posts coming up, soon, and those video tutorials. Soon! x

obey from the floor window friend deco balcony view beetle car deco kitchen view birdcage dench breakfast pastries ivy wall italian cake and coffee amazing deco building melbourne funny sunglasses car mirror stormy sky melbourne lattes nice cups healthy dumplings cafe veg breakfast another breakfast what is this little pinky red thingy avocado toast breakfast

17 comments:

Josefina said...

when i'm looking at your post, i almost always become hungry! :D and can't wait for the tutorials, wooohooo!

Kristina said...

wow, great food! and yes, driving along the yarra is wonderful, loving the buildings as well!

Lidia said...

Oh wow! That grainy bread, avocado, parsley and pomegranite dish looks...dishy! Would you be able to share with us the cafe you visited? I want it!

-squidiab (instagram bud)

mariell. said...

wow, what a food festival! love it.

Eva Wu said...

i'm following on bloglovin. you are great! amazing pics!

Naomi at The Occasional Indulgence said...

I like all your pictures!

http://theoccasionalindulgence.blogspot.com/

Katie Frank said...

wow those pictures are amazing, this food looks so delicious so you made me hungry :)
http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/
http://www.facebook.com/CoeursDeFoxes

Jessica Cangiano said...

What positively scrumptious looking morsels - especially those flaky pastries.

Love the shot of your reflection in the care mirror, that's seriously cool and looks like something out of the poshest of fashion magazines.

♥ Jessica

Teresa said...

Such a gorgeous weekend!
It's funny how men's sunnglasses can always make our faces feel so small but you still manage to pull them off. :)

xo

Helen said...

Oooh yum yum yum, I'm hungry now too!

Debs said...

What a lovely weekend. And you look very 80's in those sunnies heehee

Tegan @ Teganias Thoughts said...

This has made me feel like Coriander. Who knows why.

La said...

I adore your photos! You are just such a pretty lady with fabulous style!xx

aprettymess said...

i love the where the wild things are window decal! your pictures are always some of my faves to see =)

Eccentric Owl said...

What a lovely, lovely place! I so want to stay somewhere where the ceiling is beautiful like that! And the food looks so delicious!

Kelly-Marie said...

I love your eye for details, I feel like its the same things I would spot if I were there too. That ceiling! You lucky lady waking up to that sight. Melbournes Art Deco looks amazing. It really reminds me of some of the Art Deco I saw in Mumbai, beautifully aged and overgrown. xx

harbourmaster said...

THOSE SUNNIES LOOK INCREDIBLE ON YOU! Can we see futuristic Marianne one day, just for fun?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...