Tuesday, 25 September 2012

hobart! Day one, part one: food!

leaving for hobart outfit b Hi! Apologies for disappearing for so long, it's just been one of those weeks. Here I'll pick up where I left of in my last post, when I was ready to head of to Hobart, Tasmania, with a girlfriend. I had such an amazing time, and I can't believe it was almost two weeks ago already! babycat suitcase Yes, I was really, really tired that weekend, getting over a cold. I packed the night before, with the help of Babycat. babycat suitcase b Although she did slow things down a bit. packed vintage suitcase We eventually got there. As much as I like the look of these vintage suitcases, they aren't entirely practical. I need a new overnight bag. Something a bit lighter and easier to carry! sensible shoes red brogues I knew I'd be doing lots of walking, so I decided to wear sensible shoes. I didn't really have any room for heels, so flat brogues it was all weekend. These ones are from asos and are incredibly comfortable! leaving for hobart outfit a And so the next morning I did my best no-I'm-not-tired poses. ethos gate After a quick flight and cab ride, it was time for lunch. We went to Ethos in Hobart. ethos way I love the old buildings in Tasmania and Hobart city centre. We headed into a courtyard. ethos menu water glass I liked how the menus were in old book covers. sky from ethos hobart It was nice to sit outside under blue skies at the end of winter. We had coats and so were warm enough. The fresh air felt really good. ethos brickwork And it was nice to look around the old converted courtyard. ethos bread and butter We were HUNGRY! Simple bread and butter and extra salt tasted so so good. ethos bread and butter b We were in a hurry to it eat, really! beetroot vennison ethos And then, mains. Oh, some of the best food I've ever had. We ordered caramelised beetroot and venison... rabbit ethos ... and rabbit. Amazing. My favourite was the venison. I want more! I'd like to try and cook something similar at home. I'd have to do it soon, though, before it gets too warm. ethos honey cakes Dessert time! We were going to have just one to share, but the lovely waitress (who looked like a young Nigella!) suggested the honey cakes, and we couldn't say no to salted malt ice cream and rhubarb, so we had both. ethos rhubarb dessert salty malty Woah. ethos honey cakes 2 We were glad we got both. The honey cakes were a new experience... yum. So unbelievably good. ethos me coffee Coffee was essential to keep me going. spoooooon Um, yum! I am definitely going back. We left with happy bellies as it was time to go to the ferry, and head off for the island for Mona. leaving ethos gates

20 comments:

Tegan @ Teganias Thoughts said...

Gorgeous photos, I love the look of the honey cakes. YUM!

Charlotta, Afternoon Apparel said...

Looks so lovely, and the photos are beautiful!

Sleekit said...

Hobart is on my wish list, looks all kinds of fabulous as do you lady

Sleekit x

Sleekit said...

Hobart is on my wish list, looks all kinds of fabulous as do you lady

Sleekit x

Kristina said...

looks great and oh so yummy!!!

Jo - Lost in the Haze said...

What a fun trip! <3 and I love it when Babycat makes an appearance. Such a cutie!

x
Lost in the Haze: a Fashion Photography Blog

Vintagesuburbia said...

Great post. I love the food in Hobart too. I guess they must have great produce to draw from. I love the idea that you use your vintage suitcases. Have you thought of getting one of those luggage carriers (the aluminium ones that you used to see many years ago before the avent of wheels on cases - you can still buy them from luggage shops). I have one and use that to take my vintage suitcases. Although I obviously never take large ones and put them through baggage handling. Imagine what it would look like aferwards?! Nooooooo!

Kristian said...

Looks like amazing fun!

Katie Frank said...

you look so beautiful, you always look so sensitive <3 i love it :)! and your cat <3 haha how cute! my cat always lie in my suitcase too! <3

LandGirl1980 said...

Already looks like a beautiful trip - can't wait for the next instalment!

Sandrina said...

so sweet :)

Teresa said...

I haven't been to Tasmania but I would love to. Your photos are making me want to visit even more. Looking forward to seeing part two!

Eva Wu said...

i love your stories
xoxo
http://thirtiesinthecity.blogspot.de/

Meg Eileen Carroll said...

oh my, that food! I think I'm going around Tasmania in January (as I'm in marion bay for the falls festival and so very excited!) and I've made a note to myself to go to Ethos. Your hair looks amazing, love the length, especially with the peter pan collar

http://meggymoo0.blogspot.com

BaronessVonVintage said...

LOVE your hair....that food all looks amazing.

esme and the laneway said...

Sleekit: I highly recommend it! x

Vintagesuburbia: they look great but I would be worried about getting them damaged, too! I think I'll get a sturdy leather carry-all, when I find the perfect one :)

Meg Eileen Carroll: oh, perfect! :D

BaronessVonVintage: thanks, but my hair is sooo yellow, here – and then I go swimming..! :D

Jessica Cangiano said...

Delightful snaps one and I! I love your little feline packing helper - I have one of those myself, too, whenever the suitcase comes out. :)


♥ Jessica

Miss Tallulah Porkchop said...

*covers her pet rabbits eyes* Don't worry, they didn't read that line.

We go to Hobart quite a bit. I must check out Ethos next time. I presume it is ethical eating by the name? Yes? I am obsessed with machine Cafe in Hobart. Or Salamaca. is that the same thing? Who knows.

Babycat is a fat, fluffy piece of heaven. Still laughing over her chewing that bit of grass. LOL!

Kristi said...

That looks like such a fun trip! I wish I had the money to travel more. There are so many places I long to visit.

Kristi
http://www.messofadreamerdesign.blogspot.com

ursula said...

I live in Hobart, so it's funny seeing the things I take for granted from an outsiders perspective! Can't wait to read the rest of your posts! x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...