Tuesday, 4 September 2012

sunny mornings, shoe cakes, bubbles and temptations

wittner 100 melbourne msfw c wittner 100 melbourne msfw d wittner 100 melbourne msfw e vintage dress and jacket wittner msfw day 1 f
Yesterday morning I got up early – so much easier in all this glorious sunshine – and headed into the city to the media launch of Wittner's Centenary Collection. Crafted with lots of Swarovski crystals, the collection is set to be auctioned of to various charities at the end of the exhibition. The laucnh was held in the gorgeous Block Arcade, which is always nice to stroll through. And, a shoe cake! And Chandon before breakfast? Not for me, but I went for a takeaway coffee once back in the Norvern Burbs, and was very tempted by the world's best (I kid you not) almond croissants. Something about looking at shoes, cakes and bubbly making me hungry, maybe? Also, here is more of what I was wearing, including the buttons on the back of that jacket. Yes, I can do them up myself... just.
vintage dress and jacket wittner msfw day 1 a wittner 100 melbourne msfw f almond croissant vintage dress and jacket wittner msfw day 1 d vintage dress and jacket wittner msfw day 1 b vintage dress and jacket wittner msfw day 1 e my blue shoes wittner msfw day 1 a my blue shoes wittner msfw day 1 c

14 comments:

mariell. said...

oh almond croissants are my favorite!

Q's Daydream said...

sounds like a lovely morning! i adore that dress. oh, and that short blonde bob just gets better and better, LOVE!

EmJean said...

I love the Block Arcade it's so beautiful. But the Royal Arcade has always been my favorite. Think It has something to do with the fact that it has TWO chocolates shops

Debs said...

Sounds like you're in for a fun week of fashion - ok - so my attempt at alliteration wasn't so good. However I did receive my Futuristic Fever nail kit yesterday, so I'm one happy lassy.
:)

Sarah said...

Beautiful! This sounds like a fun event, I especially like the look of that cake! :P x

Miss Tallulah Porkchop said...

Lovely whiskers. :)

Kristian said...

I am always, continually impressed with how much fun all your blog shots are!

Jessica Cangiano said...

I love having a spot of twirling, giddy fun while getting ready, too - especially if I'm bursting with excitement over wherever I'm heading off to.

♥ Jessica

Agnes Deer said...

I love all of your shoes but these blue ones are among the best! And they look so comfy with the chunky heels! :)

Gabrielle said...

Oh my that collection looks magical. I cannot wait until you go back black. That was my favorite hair color on you. The pink was fantastic as well.

Teresa said...

I love the Block Arcade and I'm not sure I would've been able to resist those almond croissants. :)

It's so rewarding being able to do up button backs all by yourself, isn't it?!

ginger from the style of being said...

I've decided. I need a rack of dresses in the corner of my room. And an almond croissant. Asap.

ginger from the style of being said...

I've decided. I need a rack of dresses in the corner of my room. And an almond croissant. Asap.

esme and the laneway said...

mariell.: these ones are the butter-iest, sweetest, almond-iest ever... probably as unhealthy as food can get so I eat one maybe every two years..! But SO good! :D

Q's Daydream: it was, I hate getting out of bed but being in the city early, when it's quiet and the sun is shining, is really nice.

EmJean: oh I think I get them confused – which one is the Royal one? ;) Is it the other historic one off Bourke St – I love that one too!

Debs: haha some fashion and hopefully more friends! Yay about the nails, I'm really glad you won! :D

Miss Tallulah Porkchop : I am genuinely proud of her beautiful whiskers. So long, so soft.

Kristian: thanks – I (usually!) am in a good mood when I do them, and I can't take posing for a camera seriously ;D

Jessica Cangiano: it does make it a bit more fun, like getting ready to music. But to be honest these were taken when I got home from work and I was tired and my hair was tired-er!

Agnes Deer: thanks! They are so comfy, I luvs them ;)

Gabrielle: I won't go black for a long time, but definitely pink again. Trying to get it white enough first... takes time! :)

Teresa: haha it seriously is, I love how my fellow vintage wearers understand this! :D :D :D

ginger from the style of being: haha oh noes! I only have two short racks for everything (summer and winter) at the same time but they are pretty packed... and I do want/need more summery dresses..! I blame the extreme climate of Melbourne! ;)






Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...