Sunday, 2 September 2012

the second day of spring, a sunday, and a small film about vintage dresses and breakfasts at home

Today was the second day of Spring in Melbourne (yes, I take this calendar deciding VERY seriously)(I don't really) and it was another stunner. I woke up to dazzling sunshine – at a suitably late hour, of course, it was Sunday – and had a deliciously lazy day. This is the first little film I've made on my new camera; lots to learn, but it is really fun showing things like this – just the small details, the nice things, the simple, little things that make life so much more enjoyable. I hope you like it.

I think that the music on it will get it moved pretty quickly, and it's a great song: Pulling Our Weight by The Radio Dept. I've got an early start tomorrow, so I'll say goodbye to Sunday, and have a great week!


Miss Tallulah Porkchop said...

*SCREAMS VERY LOUDLY* baby cat. She said "Hi". :) Happy.

Query said...

Your eyes, the sun and The Radio Dept. Just lovely : )

Peachy Keen said...

I love this! Letting us into a little snippet of your life. Would love to see more of these.


haya1412 said...

Wow, in the first seconds you remind me of Marilyn Monroe. Such a cute little film <3

(If there are any mistakes (Spelling, grammar...) I'm sorry, I am from Germany ;))

Tori Bonaventura said...

You closet is an absolute dream, dear! All of the colors and vintage and florals, <3. Your kitty is adorable too. :)
xo, Tori

Yanira Michelle said...

This is so sweet and pretty!


Teresa said...

Such a pretty video! Very Sofia Coppola, especially with that song. Love it! :)

Kristina said...

wasn't it the most perfect start into spring? yeay! loving the little video, good job with your new camera :)

Jessica Cangiano said...

What a delightfully darling peak into some of the sights and events of your daily life. It was a a joy to see Babycat in as close to 3D as one can via the computer.

Wishing you a gorgeous start of September,
♥ Jessica

Selina said...

I love this little video peek, it's such a lovely touch to add to the blog. Thank you for showing us babycat for real :D

bespokehome said...

Am loving babycat. Such a great little video. What sort of camera did you film this on?

Sarah Dee said...

Your closet! EEK!

xoxo Sarah

esme and the laneway said...

Miss Tallulah Porkchop: she totally did! :D:D:D:D

Peachy Keen: thanks! I'm so glad! I will definitely make more!

haya1412: hahaha that's too kind! :)

Tori Bonaventura: I am slowly getting a collection together!

Teresa: thanks! I actually had the song from the Marie Antoinette soundtrack! :D (which I love)

Kristina: thanks! Oh, the new camera is sooo good! Spring was being kind, but now, argh windy!

Jessica Cangiano: I want Babycat in all my videos! :D

Selina: my pleasure, seriously! And there will be more Babycat! x

bespokehome: it's a Nikon D7000 and I used the Nikkor 1.8 35mm lens, I'm just getting used to them both and I love them!

Sarah Dee: it looks like there are more vintage dresses than there are!:D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...