Monday, 3 September 2012

vintage mixing and matching – a watercolour dress and a cropped jacket

vintage dress and jacket wittner msfw day 1 c
Happy Monday! This is what I wore today, for the first day of Melbourne Spring Fashion Week, when I quickly popped in to the city for an event before heading off to work. Do you think this could possibly be a blogging faux pas – I am wearing the same dress as yesterday! No, seriously, don't freak out, I didn't have it on for very long yesterday. I know it is more Autumn-y but it just seemed right for today. I'm also so pleased that it goes with my blonde hair as well as the red. It was kinda warm during the day, at least by recent standards, but it's still pretty chilly in the morning and so I needed something to help keep me warm, and this brown cropped jacket was it. It is part of a matching vintage dress and jacket set, and the browns and creams matched the browns and creams of the dress perfectly. My navy shoes with the wooden sole matched, too; I remember wondering a while ago about getting some shoes in tan or navy, and the sensible thing seemed to be of course tan, as they'd go with more... and look at my navy shoes working with so much. Well, I do have a pretty colourful wardrobe! ps. Babycat shows her approval.
my blue shoes wittner msfw day 1 b

14 comments:

elise said...

Absolutely stunning as usual.

ourdailydress said...

Beautiful dress! I'm matching lots of autumn tones to me new blonde hair too - it just seems to work.

Fiona Timantti said...

Blonde suits you.

Tors said...

I have no idea about blogger faux pas, but those are some seriously fabulously shoes! Love them! The outfit goes together nicely, I do so love that dress, it's very pretty.

WendyBee said...

Very cute! And I love the shoes. Wish I had your trim figure (and your wardrobe!)

Georgia said...

pfft! I wear dresses twice all the time! If I wear it for only a couple of hours the previous evening ill wear it the next day haha!

georgia
xxxxxx

Eccentric Owl said...

Gorgeous outfit! I don't think it's a faux-paus to wear the same item of clothing two days in a row. It shows creativity! :) And that dress is too beautiful not to wear often.

Katie Frank said...

This post is so cute <3 you are so sensitive <3
http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/
http://www.facebook.com/CoeursDeFoxes

Pansy Lane said...

I loooove those shoes and ahhh, your hair is GORGEOUS!

Dominika said...

It's so sad that there are perfect people in the world and I'm not one of them:D

And certainly every perfect person must have a perfect cat!

Greetings from the other side of the world.

Jessica Cangiano said...

There is definitely an autumnal note to it's palette, but the floral pattern is very redolent of spring and summer, too, so I really think this dress is one you could wear throughout the whole year.

♥ Jessica

Jamie Rose said...

This is so gorgeous as always. I love the fall color palate in this outfit and how nice it looks with your newly blonde hair. Those shoes are adorable too.

esme and the laneway said...

ourdailydress: it weirdly does! Phew. I had a lot of autumn tones because I thought I'd be red for a while!

Fiona Timantti: thanks, I think so too :)

Tors: haha I do love them, and them together!

Georgia: yays, I didn't think I was alone! :D

Eccentric Owl: haha it is a pretty dress, it is in the washing machine right now :) ready for more wears!

Pansy Lane: thank you!

Dominika: No one is perfect!!! :D Except for Babycat, possibly.

Jessica Cangiano: yeah, I think so too! Except for our HORRIBLE hot summers :< but that's still a few weeks away.:D

Jamie Rose: thanks! x

irene wibowo said...

i like your outfit.. :)

Irene Wibowo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...