Wednesday, 31 October 2012

a wednesday in october

brogues a Happy Wednesday! Here is a Wednesday from a couple of weeks ago. I like Wednesdays; close to the weekend but still with plenty of last-weekend-rest energy to do things with. Hair curling clearly wasn't one of those things. Sometimes I like to leave my hair straight as it is good for your hair and head to have a bit of a rest from pin curls. I obviously also decided to leave the flyaways on top au natural, too. brogues c I don't wear heels every day, either! This hasn't been all choice recently, though. I hurt my leg a few weeks ago enough to involve public limping, and I refuse to limp in heels. My asos brogues are so comfortable and got plenty of wears. My leg is mostly better now, and I've been back in heels. brogues d I am very lucky as I don't have to be at work at the crack of dawn. I treated myself to a coffee at my favourite local cafe. brogues e I look at interior magazines more than fashion ones at the moment. I'm so nesty – maybe because it is Spring? brogues f I do eventually have to go to work, of course. Sometimes I'll stop and actually look at the view from where I park, and notice how different it is to anything in London. It's so unfamiliar, and yet familiar, at the same time. It's also very beautiful. So close to the mountains. brogues g I try to be good and take a flask to make sure I drink enough water. When it's cold – and it was still pretty chilly, don't be fooled by the bright sunshine – I like hot water and lemon. I know, it's such a health cliche... and it makes me feel very, very good. lacework trees The houses in this part of Melbourne are really pretty. treehouse melbourne There is an impressive tree house. petal confetti And lots of flora. zebra wall And fauna. inner melbourne skyline I like the old, weathered and mismatched buildings here. brogues b After work, it was nice to have a package waiting for me back home. A new vintage dress. It fits perfectly. evening house Then it was off to a friend's house for dinner. couch kickin I made myself at home on the couch. mr kitty And then the cat made himself at home on me. me wine hooray Here's to Wednesdays! tomato salad house Bonnie cooked up an amazing meal. tomato salad bowl It included a Tuscan tomato salad. I tried to make it a few days later but it wasn't as good – I think the tomatoes I used were too watery. rosa coaster I really like the floral coasters. tart chop Bonnie makes the best tarts in the world – and the most amazing sticky orange syrup to drizzle on top. To Wednesdays! tart syrup pour

16 comments:

sallyrose45 said...

Ooh, I like your mini insight into what you think about Melbourne in comparison to London. I'd like to see more of that as I have always wondered what it's like for an English lass in Aus and if you miss the UK, xxx

Jessica Cangiano said...

Beautiful locks (straight or curled, your hair always looks terrific) and outfit. The menswear vibe here simply marvelous on you, dear gal.

♥ Jessica

Wild Tea Party said...

I have a feeling my day today won't pan out anything like this... if only all Wednesdays were as nice!

That chocolate tart looks divine.

Miriam said...

I love your blog - I've only come across it recently but it is gorgeous and you are gorgeous and you've totally inspired me to think about having more fun with my hair. Have a beautiful day

Dominika said...

Your photos are enchanting good! You know, I found the photos from four years ago, when the blog started. It's impossible to compare them (:

And, well, so fantastic Wednesdays... Maybe in next life. Currently I have to go for PE and learn crazy languages (Latin & Ancient Greek - it's completely vintage!) :D Just student's life!

Kiss from Poland!
xx Dominika

irene wibowo said...

lovely pictures.. :)
Irene Wibowo

Dulce said...

beautiful pics, omg your hair color, i love it!!!

Study Mommy said...

I just love these pics. You make life look so sweet and I suppose it is when you take the time to enjoy the simple things.

Thanks for making my day sunnier! Your blog always inspires me and makes me smile :-)

Andi B. Goode said...

It is nice to let your hair be natural! I've been doing a lot of that with my long long hair. And I love your brogues. Oh, and that tree house is very impressive indeed!
-Andi x

esme and the laneway said...

sallyrose45: I will! I wasn't sure if it would be a good read but I will write a little post about it :)

Jessica Cangiano: thanks! I had a bit of a menswear week – needed a break from the girliness! :D

Wild Tea Party: Oh, I hope you have a nice Wednesday though! :)

Miriam: thanks so much! And yes to hair adventures – they rarely go too wrong to save :) have fun!

Dominika: thanks! Yes, I've learnt a lot about photo taking over the four years! :D Don't hate school, it's often more fun than work as an adult. I'd love to learn more languages! Fine to hate PE though ;D ugh, hated that haha!

irene wibowo: thanks love!

Dulce: thanks! That is the closest I've got it to my ideal lilac shade :)

Study Mommy: thank you, that is the best compliment ever! :D You're right, the small things are so important :)

Andi B. Goode: your long straight hair looks amazing! :D

Pull Your Socks Up! said...

Oh stop it!! Chocolate tart with orange syrup? You trying to kill me? - droooooooooool!!! I always love your pics of Melbourne, the wee details you notice with your keen photographer's eye and as always, pics of you looking absolutely divine - sorry to hear about your leg, but the brogues are super-stylin' anyway - must be nice to be able to choose heels now that your leg is better:). Treehouse and upside-down zebra - yesssss!

LandGirl1980 said...

I love watching Spring arrive in your neck of the woods as much as I love watching Autumn arrive in mine :D

Miss Turnstiles said...

I wish my Wednesdays were as fun and gorgeous as yours! xx

WendyBee said...

Love the brogues! Model the new vintage dress for us?

Eva Wu said...

olala! nice. mniami yummi.
xoxo\ewa

esme and the laneway said...

WendyBee: soon! Still think red hair would be better with it though :)

LandGirl1980: England is sooooo beautiful in Autumn x

Pull Your Socks Up!: yep, loving the heels again!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...