Sunday, 14 October 2012

coral vintage hats with veils, lilac hair blackest eyeliner and peachy lips

coral veil vintage hat h coral veil vintage hat g As per my New Year resolutions, I have been wearing my (tiny, growing) collection of vintage hats more often. Ok, so it's October. Better late than never, right?

 Last Saturday I wore my coral bow hat. Another veil! It was cold and raining and I wore an outfit inspired by my late Aunt-in_law, but more about that another time. I liked how the coral looked with my freshly lilac'd hair.

coral veil vintage hat d I am enjoying the lilac so much! I love wearing a creamy orangey lipstick with it, too. I was wearing a cheap high street one a couple of months ago in a pretty good shade, but the formula was horrible, and life is too short for cheap lipsticks! As I've said before, I love Lime Crime's lipsticks, and so I hopped online and bought this one, Cosmopop. I love that I am lucky enough to get makeup from Lime Crime to review, and I wanted to let you know that I really do love their products and actually buy them, too!

I haven't been wearing any makeup during the week for a few weeks now, as I kept having an allergic reaction to... something? that made my eyes swell up so much I could barely see, and left my eyelids raw, lumpy and red, which was both uncomfortable and unlovely. Lots of antihistamines and lashings – boom? – do excuse the pun – of steroid cream later and I am back to normal, and have narrowed it down to... I'm not sure. I just can't work it out. Anyway, I am glad to be better, and it has made enjoy wearing makeup even more. I'm not embarrassed to go out without makeup, I just enjoy painting a new face. Eyebrows! And eyeliner, at the moment, too. Liquid liner, extra thick, even thicker than usual, for me. With pale-ish lips and peachy cheeks, it's my new favourite makeup look.

coral veil vintage hat b coral veil vintage hat a copy coral veil vintage hat c

35 comments:

Talisa said...

ohhh gosh I love your Blog and Style. You´re Look is so extravagant and unique. I love your Make-up and hair and your jumper/collar.

Psycho Cat said...

Your hair looks amazing and I love pastel lipstick :)

SWEET PETROLEUM said...

Wauw! Beautiful colours! and you are very pretty! I follow you now btw :)

Sara said...

Cute!! :)

April Louise said...

Fabulous hat. I am attending an autumn wedding next weekend and would totally rock a hat like that!

Eva Wu said...

and new colour...:)

daria said...

I love the color combo - lilac and peach! you look just beautiful.

Anonymous said...

the first picture is really beautiful! :)

Sarah said...

Beautiful! Ouch, I'm sorry you had such a bad reaction to something, hope you can find out what it was.
In the meantime, your lilac hair is exceptional with those peachy corals :) x

eskimo*rose said...

Love the lippy, I've been hunting down a good corally, peachy lippy for a while ... hopefully I can get this in the UK ...

Christine said...

This hat is fantastic! I think it really works with your short hair. I'm fairly new to your blog, have you posted on where you tend to look for vintage pieces?

Christine
helloblueblog.wordpress.com

Kimmy said...

You are so beautiful.
I'm actually working on making my sister's wedding veil and I'm having trouble with the veil part.

Mabel said...

I love your makeup! Sorry about your allergies :/

Mona (Mabel)
Mona's
Guide to Pin-Up Style & Makeup

Alli said...

I love the colour of the headpiece and veil with the colour of your hair. Looks just gorgeous! :)

WendyBee said...

As always, you are beautiful, rather like a living doll. If I looked like you, I would play with makeup and haircolor and pretty hats and dresses all the time!

Kailey said...

GUH! That hat looks positively stunning paired with your lavender hair! And I am always a sucker for cat-eyes! Gorgeous post <3

Sparks In Spring said...

What a beautiful hat! Compliments your hair very nicely!

Peachy Keen said...

Pastel Perfection! I had reaction to makeup and my eyes went exactly the same way. I noticed that everytime I used benefit liquid eyeliner it made my eyes flare up. Strange. Love the lipstick.

Jade

Crinoline Dame said...

Love Love Love! The perfect modern vintage look. The colour palette is gorgeous.

tattooed-onmyheart said...

Wow, these photos are so so beautiful. I love the lipstick you wear. Hope I can get it somewhere in Germany. :)

Sarah said...

What a beautiful hat! I love your lilac hair too , such a great look x

Little Scribbler: sh*t I wear, think, eat, drink said...

That hat is MOST excellent! I'm glad to hear that your face is feeling a bit more tolerant now...

Katie Frank said...

i love love love this headpiece & your lipstick <3 you are too beautiful!
http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

Vintagesuburbia said...

Wow, that is a great combination of colours. Love the veil and love the fact that it is not 'perfect' - I have a black hait almost the same. Just stunning. Hope your allergy gets better, been there done that with eye allergies. Do you have a good eye make up remover? The Clinique blue one is great. . . M x

☆☾☆☾☆☾☆☾☆☾ said...

you're a dream come true

sallyrose45 said...

Erm.... Give me your hat now, yeah?

Hannah said...

Golly gosh that shade of coral looks exquisite on you! x

Bethany said...

That lip color is absolutely perfect!

http://bethsquidly.blogspot.com/

Tori Bonaventura said...

I have been wanting Cosmopop for so long now! It looks stunning on you!
xo, Tori
http://generationscollective.blogspot.com/

harbourmaster said...

I think I say this every time you have new hair but Best. Hair. Ever. And hat! I can't resist vintage hats in op shops/garage sales/etc etc either. Must try to wear them more often...

Jessica Cangiano said...

How splendidly beautiful! Vivid coral and soft lilac seem decidedly fresh together, and is a combo that I'll be tucking away to try myself come next spring. Thanks for the delightful inspiration, dear gal.

♥ Jessica

Sleekit said...

Pretty, so pretty, the colour, oh la la

Sleekit x

Poppycock! Vintage said...

I know I had a bad reaction to eye makeup (after years of having no problems) that made my eyes itch, swell up, and made my eyelashes fall out! I've switched over to mineral & plant based makeup - Gabriel and ZuZu Luxe have great colors - and I haven't had a problem since.

Roo said...

Hi,

What blush/eyeshadow are you wearing?

-Ruth x

Natalie_vintage_girl said...

you totally inspired me to buy this lipstick and glamour 101 hope i can pull it off. your hat is so lovely btw

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...