Monday, 22 October 2012

pinks and reds and lilacs too

red dress lipstick lilac curls i So in the Great Catch Up, we have: last Saturday. Not the Saturday that has just been and gone and can still be tasted if we try just a little bit whilst desperately squeezing our eyes closed against the unpleasantness of another working week. No, the Saturday before that. That one is long gone in my mind! But what a nice Saturday it was.red dress lipstick lilac curls l Getting ready in the mornings is so nice when there is no real time limit. And when it doesn't matter that it might not be morning when you've finished.red dress lipstick lilac curls m I like to make comedy faces when putting on blusher...red dress lipstick lilac curls k ... and even stupider faces when my lipstick is done.
red dress lipstick lilac curls a Although they can't all be flattering. Making sure there is no lipstick on your teeth is very important, so it must be done!red dress lipstick lilac curls j I am making the most of it being warmer and wearing stockings again. I miss wearing them and do love a good seam.red dress lipstick lilac curls b Brushing out freshly lilac'd hair feels really nice.red dress lipstick lilac curls h Saturday ritual: breakfast! Mixed Business in Clifton Hill (North Fitzroy, technically?) where they have the most beautiful flower arrangements and cakes on display.red dress lipstick lilac curls g mixed business strawberry muesli And I get to enjoy muesli! See, I don't eat avocado all the time. Just, you know, a lot of the time. Strawberries and pistachios are definitely friends. red dress lipstick lilac curls d And I matched my food. Yes, this dress in this spot again!red dress lipstick lilac curls c With matching seams this time. I'm always really impressed that they are straight after a car trip..!

I actually feel a bit better about Monday having relived some weekend down time! I have heaps more good times to share, as well as those posts I promised in my last post, which I haven't forgotten. I've been enjoying some much needed rest over the last week or so, and I am now super keen to get blogging again! red dress lipstick lilac curls f

27 comments:

Gaby - Hopeless Lingerie said...

Hahahah that one of making sure no lipstick is on your teeth is my new favourite picture of you ever!!!

:D

Mrs Advocat said...

You have the greatest posts, I love ypour pastel hair, adore the shots of you putting on makeup and your dress is great!

http://mrsadvocat.blogspot.se/

alittlevintagestory said...

Such a beautiful outfit, and how fitting that it matched your breakfast! I have some serious hair envy going on with your lovely lilac tresses right now. xx Fran

Jessica Cangiano said...

Adorable outfit and morning routine. Love those red seamed stockings (I might have a pair, too...hmmm, not sure, haven't worn them yet if I do - must change that this winter if a pair is in my possession :) ).

Wishing you a beautiful Monday & week ahead,
♥ Jessica

Kati said...

You are so, so pretty. I have just discovered your blog and am in awe!

Enid Twiglet said...

you look gorgeous and YUM that breakfast looked like it was tasted really good!

http://enidtwiglet.blogspot.com.au/

look see said...

That dress is so lovely :)

Alli said...

Glad to hear you have had some rest and are back to your perky self again. You look gorgeous. And I LOVE those stockings!!!! :)

SWEET PETROLEUM said...

So pretty you are :D

MissTeefeyLee said...

yu certainly are gorgeous! love your hair and super cute seams!

http://blogoftheprettythings.blogspot.co.uk/

xxx

Alice, Pretty Confused said...

How is it you manage to look so pretty putting make-up on? My boyfriend always laughs at the ridiculous faces I make! I love that dress, such a wonderful colour, you look so summery with your lilac hair xo

Bethany said...

You are sooooo gorgeous! And you're really making me want to dye my hair.

http://bethsquidly.blogspot.com/

Lil said...

You look gorgeous, I love that dress, and shoes with those stockings! I love that your seams match your dress, it really brings the outfit together. I too, love those mornings when there is no time limit, I find that those are the mornings when I tend to experiment with my hair and make-up more. Have a lovely week,
Love Lil x
www.littleliloflondon.blogspot.com

lauren, curious constellation said...

You matched your food! Oh goodness that made my day!

Eva Wu said...

love your style!

Miss Marie said...

Oh, your cardigan is absolutely adorable! I love it! Especially teamed with that wonderful dress - beautiful outfit!

Kristel Klear said...

Love the hair! And the dress. How do you maintain you vintage wear? It all looks so flawless and vibrant. Any chance of a tutorial on this issue?
Greeting from Amsterdam

hiPop said...

stunning dress!

love how it goes with your hair!

http://hypemyhip.blogspot.com/

lavelle said...

That dress is absolutely beautiful. I think it's my favourite that you have ever worn

xx

ps I featured you on my blog recently :)

Justyna said...

Could you make a video how you're doing this makeup? please, please:)

esme and the laneway said...



Gaby - Hopeless Lingerie: haha it was a good candid moment! :D

Mrs Advocat: aw thanks!

alittlevintagestory: haha yep food matching, getting my priorities right ;)

Jessica Cangiano: they're a strong look, aren't they? I'm not always in the mood to wear them but they are fun someitmes :) I'm so jealous you are going into winter!

Kati: good light and lots of makeup, believe me. Welcome! :D

Enid Twiglet: it's favourite, sooo tasty and I pretend it's sorta healthy..! Ha!

Look See, Alli: thanks guys!

Anonymous SWEET PETROLEUM: one day I'll post a not so flattering pic..! Haha!

Alice, Pretty Confused: hehe it's because I don't post the lip-liner-no-lipstcik pics (argh they're scary!) and the putting-on-mascara-blinky-weird-eyes pics!

Bethany: do it! :D Hair colour changes are fun :) And can probably be dyed back if you don't like them! :D

Lil: so true! Although sometimes my hungry self puts a new time limit on things ;)

lauren, curious constellation: hahaha :D

Eva Wu, Miss Marie: thanks! x

Kristel Klear: yes! been meaning to do this for ages, keep getting rainy days :/ will do my early 1940s black dress asap :)

hiPop, lavelle: thanks! Oh, Lavelle, thank you!

Justyna: Sure! I'll try and do it in the next few weeks x




Andi B. Goode said...

Haha, I love the photo of you rubbing the lipstick off your teeth. So great!
-Andi x

Log Lady said...

Your hair is beautiful. Do you have a tutorial or know a good one I could watch?

Lisa x

Jamie Rose said...

You are so adorable! I love all of these pictures. I'm pretty much in love with your lilac-colored hair. Your outfit is perfect as always too. Those backseam tights are the best ever. I've been wanting a pair for a long while now. Maybe I'll find some soon!

Lynn Dylan said...

Marianne, gorgeous photos!! I love all of these. So pretty and sweet and ethereal.

xoxo
Lynn Dylan

Melanie said...

I love your tights :)

Love,
Melanie ~ www.mlncrd.com

lovinglilac said...

How did you do your hair like that?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...