Monday, 15 October 2012

sunday brunch with two great vintage ladies

blue purple vintage cotton e On Sunday I met up with Andi and Hannah (no blog – yet!) and we had lunch in the city. After so many days of grey winter it was a surprisingly sunny morning, so I thought I'd take the chance of wearing my 1940's novelty print dress – the fabric is way too warm to wear in summer – and my vintage fully fashioneds with the tiny Eiffel Towers along the welt. blue purple vintage cotton i blue purple vintage cotton j But when I put them on the collar of the dress was crushed from being jammed into my too-packed clothes rack and there were runs in the stockings. Boo. Rushed outfit pick two: vintage cotton 1950s dress in blues and purples, white tights because I thought it was too cold for bare legs and most of my tights are tired now that winter is almost over, or rather it is very much over but it's still bloody cold in Melbourne, and my vintage beaded cardigan. blue purple vintage cotton a Except it wasn't cold at all today. Beautiful perfect warm sunny spring! No need for tights..! blue purple vintage cotton g Andi and Hannah both have beautiful red hair. They almost, almost make me miss my red hair. blue purple vintage cotton f They both also have really cool sunglasses. blue purple vintage cotton d Hannah has a talent for taking candid shots – we were doing our best to "just act natural" which of course instantly makes you act not at all naturally. blue purple vintage cotton h Laughing, or looking at the clocks at Flinders Station? Who can say. blue purple vintage cotton c I actually like this profile picture of me laughing, although it does look like I'm about to eat a bystander's head. Am nam nam.

It was a lovely way to spend a lunchtime. I spent the rest of Sunday moving furniture and tidying up at home, setting up a study. It's getting there!

And thanks for the questions over the weekend. There are now some new posts with the answers on the way. x blue purple vintage cotton b

21 comments:

Riikka said...

Three lovely ladies! x

Hannah said...

Swoon, two of my favourite ladies and Hannah looks gorgeous she needs a blog asap! Your hair is so pretty xxx

Lindsey Louise Bales said...

lovely post! i love the sunglasses you are wearing!

lindsey louise

hellomrrabbit.blogspot.com

Mabel said...

Tell your friend to make a blog, she has cool style.

Thanks for answering my hair questions! I want a light blonde, maybe like Gwen Stefani. I need professional help :)

Mona Mabel
Mona's
Guide to Pin-Up Style & Makeup

Emma said...

What a lovely day! Your dress is charming and it goes perfectly with your hair. I'd love to try lavender at some point, but I'm far too nervous!

Tori Bonaventura said...

You all are so lovely!
xo, Tori
http://generationscollective.blogspot.com/

Kitsune-kun said...

such a beautiful dress! and i love your lilac hair:)

Adele said...

Looking gorgeous ladies!
I am so jealous that you have all of the sunny months still stretched ahead of you - as beautiful as autumn can be, I forgot about how horrible it feels to be so cold. That sun looks lovely!

Amber Apple said...

I love that dress and it matches perfectly with your hair colour! I like their red hair, it's long too! I'm trying to grow my hair out, it seems like its taking forever!

irene wibowo said...

love the dress and the shoes. :)
Irene Wibowo

Lil said...

I loved both of your dresses, perfect for the beginning of spring. Hope you had a good day,
Love Lil x
www.littleliloflondon.blogspot.com

PeanutButterHound said...

Keira Knightly is licking your arm! Hilarious!

Jessica Cangiano said...

How fantastically fun! I've adored Andi for years, and suspect I'd be a big fan of Hannah's, too, if she had a blog. You all look so pretty, cheerful and like you were having a splendid time.

♥ Jessica

esme and the laneway said...

PeanutButterHound: bahaha so true! I didn't see that before! :D

Sleekit said...

What a treat to see you three walking down the street...see what I did there...you all look fabulous!

Sleekit x

Anja said...

i absolutely love all the sunglasses!!! where are yours from? (oh and, your hair is perfect. PERFECT!)

esme and the laneway said...

Hannah said: I tell her! She says... soon! :D


Mabel: I love Gwen's hair! Good luck!

Emma: thanks! It's fun, but it is a statement! But it's not scary at all, I promise :)

Adele: sunny months, and scorching heat, sweat, confusion, unavoidable sun burn and heatstroke... it won't all be good ;p

Jessica Cangiano: it was ace. I feel really lucky, and happy, to have met such nice people through blogging.

Sleekit: ha! :D


Anja: thanks! They're cheapies from asos :)


Janey said...

Oh, I can't wait to see that magenta dress on you! And those stockings are fabulous!

It's so nifty that you got to hang out with other bloggers!

xoxo
-Janey

Miss Tallulah Porkchop said...

Hey lady, tell me about your sunnies, pls. Oversized + cat eye = I need some.

x

esme and the laneway said...

Miss Tallulah Porkchop: they're from asos :)

Lisa said...

you have inspired me to get back into regular pastel hair, i've tried blue and lilac toners before but I'm going to try doing this at home with pastel apricots and yellows. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...