Saturday, 6 October 2012

vintage sundresses, floral crowns and saturday breakfasts out

blue shadow orange liner limecrime m A couple of weekends ago we had the most beautiful spring weather here in Melbourne. That Saturday was warm enough to go without a coat, and I could have gone without the long socks, too. The warm sunshine felt so good.

blue shadow orange liner limecrime k blue shadow orange liner limecrime j I decided it was time to wear the floral crown I made a couple of years ago now (!) and wore in this post. I can’t believe how different I look now. It’s amazing, seeing that change over time.

blue shadow orange liner limecrime i We have a Saturday ritual: we get up, get dressed and go to breakfast at one of a few favourite Melbourne Cafes. This time it was Mixed Business in Clifton Hill.

blue shadow orange liner limecrime l I am always very much ready for a coffee at this time of the morning.

poached egg avocado breakfast poached-egg-opens-b The eggs, avocado and marinated feta is incredibly good. I like to kid myself that it is healthy, and of course it is, until I start smearing the creamy feta on my toast. And dipping this toast into the herby, thyme-y oil. It is absolutely necessary, though. And olive oil is of course very good for you!

hot rosti As is the sharing of breakfasts. The rosti is a favourite of both of ours. I enjoyed my little sampler.

blue shadow orange liner limecrime f And I enjoyed wearing the floral headband! I remember at the beginning of the year saying I wanted to wear more hats, and it didn’t really happen. Or, rather, it hasn’t happened yet. The year is not over, and I am seeing to fixing things. In fact, a vintage het with bows and netting arrived today... so I can fix this hat situation up right away! blue shadow orange liner limecrime e










27 comments:

modniza said...

amazing look! have a nice week end! xxx

LoveCharlesVintage said...

You looked lovely then and you look lovely now! The flower crown is adorable as are the shoes! I certainly will be looking for blue shoes now.

Libertad said...

But hats is one of the funniest fashion accesories! I'm shure you'll wear lots of them!
The florarl crown is really cute too; I should wear more of them!

Eva Wu said...

beautiful make up!
xoxo
ewa

Bethany said...

The last two pictures of you are absolutely gorgeous!

http://bethsquidly.blogspot.com/

Meg Eileen Carroll said...

WOw, that dress! I am so happy that spring is here, this is my favourite weather. I adore that floral crown, I bought one a while ago, and now that spring is here I reckon I might make use of it.

http://meggymoo0.blogspot.com

BaronessVonVintage said...

You look wonderful...and that FOOD! YUM! Your hair is such a great length and colour! I love that your tights match your shoes! Stylista!

Naomi at The Occasional Indulgence said...

I love your crown and your dress! That breakfast sounds soooo yummy!

Brittany_Va-VoomVintage said...

These colors are absolutely beautiful! I must get a pair of blue stockings like yours for the winter. I'm always so envious of you gals in Australia this time of year. I'm in St Louis and it's starting to get cold and rainy. I'll be enjoying the sunshine through your blog! x

Teresa said...

Your floral garland is beautiful!

I feel like poached eggs now… :)

alabee said...

I have a vintage dress of my grans that is similar to yours, I never would have thought of pairing the orange with blue, but it looks lovely!

Lynn Dylan said...

You have certainly changed a lot! Still pretty! Love the floral crown!

xoxo
Lynn

irene wibowo said...

love your dress.. :)

Irene Wibowo

Tori Bonaventura said...

Your flower crown is so dreamy. :)
xo, Tori
http://generationscollective.blogspot.com/

emmabovary said...

I adore your makeup in these shots, may I ask what you are wearing on your cheeks? Just beautiful!

chloe_e said...

Love your floral crown! Please do a tutorial on how to make one c:

lauren, curious constellation said...

I just found your blog and it is the most adorable thing! I am just so in love with everything you post (:

Kristina said...

you look great! and the breakfast - so yummy!

Is It Secret, Is It Safe said...

I love the flower crown! And the tights with that dress!

-Katie

Mabel said...

Wow, that breakfast looks incredible.

You certainly do look very different in the other headband post! You look awesome with any hair color/cut.

I think we should all wear more hats and/or hairpieces. People just look more classy :)

Mona (Mabel)
Mona's
Guide to Pin-Up Style & Makeup

féenambulle said...

You look so pretty, I love your flowered dress and your make-up!
It's a pleasure to read your blog :)

Anonymous said...

love your blog & your amazingly pretty! I cant seem to wear hats either despite buying them and really liking them in principle. That breakfast has lots of good fats which are great for skin! just focus on that.

Samantha Joy said...

Hey,
I would love to know where you got those shoes from?!?!
XO Samantha

Jessica Cangiano said...

Oh how I adore that floral crown! It looks like something bestowed upon you from a fairy princess's private collection.

♥ Jessica

Tegan @ Tegania's Thoughts said...

Gorgeous! Oh, and the floral crown is just amazing.

SWLW said...

you look amazing! i'm jelaus! <3 ;)
M.

Sarah Guiet said...

I love your outfit! It's strange to see pictures of such a sunny day, while Autumn has arrived here in Sweden!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...