Thursday, 15 November 2012

a saturday out: maling road, part two

happy birthday cake Yay. it's almost Friday, so it's practically the weekend! What have you got planned? I have got a three day weekend – yes! – to enjoy. I'll be taking my new black and gold shoes out for their first wear, which I will post, of course. Remember that amazing day on Maling Road I was happy to be involved in a few weeks ago? Here is part two!

After a stroll through the area, our next stop was Bambaleros, a cafe and family-owned coffee roasting business. We were treated to more good coffee and great information from the owner, Alfonso. Apparently, once roasted, the coffee flavour continues to change and improve in the bag. We also had cake to celebrate Calvin and Iolanthe's birthdays. Nice! bambeleros me and me oh my All perked up, we went to visit Candice DeVille at her beauty salon, and Iolanthe had her hair and makeup done – a perfect surprise for the birthday girl! I love the plaits and swirls hairstyle. Also, notice a familiar face..? smiles plaits rolls boos Candice also gave us a master class in classic winged eyeliner, with Cheryl as the model. It looked fantastic with Cheryl's vintage hat! eyeliner cheers mulled wine No rest for the wicked! And I'm not complaining. We then went to Darriwill Farm for some cheese and wine tasting. I can cope with that on a Saturday afternoon, how about you? I had some of the most amazing blue cheese I've had in my life. cheese tasting cheese fridge so many chocolates xocolatl family And as if we weren't fed enough, our last stop was chocolate tasting! I have to confess, I was starting to flag a bit at this point and considered skipping this to go home. How much do I really like chocolate, anyway? Well ok, I like it a lot, but I had no idea how glad I'd be to stay on for this one. At the charming Xocolatl we met Chris and his daughters who work together creating the most incredible chocolates. chocolate pod chocolate tasting We were taken through the different ingredients that go into fine chocolate, where it comes from – and about the unexpected but fantastic combinations they have put together. Gorgonzola and mango? Sounds so wrong, but it was beyond beautiful. Like a cheesecake, but better. Magic. We also got to taste quite a bit... lucky us! It was a wonderful way to round off such a great day out. I can't wait to go back! chris chocolateoh happy days chocolate glitter chocolate cheese mango chocolate yum

19 comments:

norafinds said...

Mmmm love that blue dress! Candice is so lovely - she always looks so nicely put together!

Nora
NoraFinds

Vickie said...

gorgeous & I love the photo of you with the photo of you (does that even make sense?)

lauren, curious constellation said...

So jealous! This is the perfect day out indeed.

Micaela // Drifter and the Gypsy said...

That picture of you in the salon is beautiful! Did you model? Or have I missed something completely.

irene wibowo said...

nice photos. :)
Irene Wibowo

Kati said...

Looks like such a fund and special day!
-Kati

Maria Verymuchalive said...

I looked at those photos and thought about how much i want to visit Melbourn. Amazing.

This week end I'm up to some Christmas shopping (Ikea wait for me!) and coffee with friends. And some experiments with hair I'm very interested in!

Teresa said...

Chocolate, cheese and a bit of glam. Sounds like the perfect weekend to me! :)

Sarah said...

Phew! I'm exhausted just looking at all the thinsg you did! :P What a wodnerful day. xox

Laurence said...

I think I miss your dark brown hair....

Jessica Cangiano said...

What an absolutely marvelous day out! You have the most delightful, stylish, and totally enviable (I say that as a good thing) adventures. How awesome that you met Candice! I've been a huge admirer of her's for years.

♥ Jessica

Kristian said...

What a fun outiing!

Kristina said...

Wow! That must have been the prefect day! If it involves cheese, wine and chocolate tasting it must be!! Kristina x

PS: You look fantastic as always!

jigsawtreasure said...

wow this looks amazing - i wish candice lived in my bathroom and made me look as glam as she does everyday! x

Katie Frank said...

these photos are awesome! i totally love them <3 your dress is adorable and you are pure beauty!
http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

esme and the laneway said...

Vickie: it does, thanks! :D

Kristina: I knew it would be good, but I was genuinely chuffed to be there and with such lovely company – a really special day :)

Jessica Cangiano: we've known each other for years now, and she is very lovely :)

Maria Verymuchalive: yay Ikea! Have fun! :D

Maria Verymuchalive: I do too sometimes, but not as much as my red! :)

Micaela // Drifter and the Gypsy: I did it about 18 months ago, and a couple of other things too :)

Stephanie said...

OMG so yummy, I loooove chocobonbons :D Ha a good day! /Stephanie @
http://www.mondoblog.se/vitlokochenpralin

ourdailydress said...

I need to try that chocolate!

Melanie said...

The woman with blond and black hair is beautiful :)

Love,
Melanie ~ www.mlncrd.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...