Saturday, 29 December 2012

blue dresses, coral scarves and old apartment buildings

collingwood blue dress summer a We are having an amazing summer in Melbourne this year. It's not too hot! It's so nice to be able to do things outside, go for bike rides and walks, and not have to cling to the aircon at home. Last Saturday I went out for breakfast with John, we dropped off a record at our friend's house and then headed into the city. blue bird muesli a blue bird muesli b collingwood blue dress summer b collingwood blue dress summer d city park a We walked through one of the parks on the city's edge. It is so nice that there is water again in the ponds. A few years ago the drought was so severe that many were dry and empty. Now things have improved, and there are ducks! city park k city park j city park i city park g city park h city park e city park c city park l city building a We walked past the beautiful old apartment buildings on Flinders Lane and decided we really would like to live in one. Imagine being able to walk outside your front door and having everything right there. No more long journeys to get anywhere. That sounds pretty good to me! Then we checked out some vintage in the shops in the Cathedral Arcade. city building d city building b city building c Nothing for me this time but it is always so nice to not just see but actually feel vintage clothing. We then headed home for some pre Christmas prep... and that was my holiday Saturday, one whole week ago! city park f

19 comments:

Jessica Cangiano said...

This is what summer days were created for! Exploring, nibbling (that fruit salad looks sublime!), taking fun snaps, sporting cute threads, and wearing a smile all day long.

♥ Jessica

Iliska Dreams said...

My little sis lives in a little street just off Flinders lane, right next to the vintage shops. There is also an amazing chocolate shop near there as well.

http://iliska-dreams.blogspot.com.au/

meredith said...

Gorgeous dress!! It sounds like a perfect Saturday! :)

look see said...

Love that dress! :)

Pull Your Socks Up! said...

I too would absolutely adore living in a beautiful old red brick city apartment down a cheeky wee lane way. Mind you, I just love Melbs! Your cool dress and shoes look perfect for the sunshine:).

Anna-Nathalie said...

Love your dress! :D
Omg i miss summer when I look at your photos..!

Anonymous said...

That dress is SO cute! I love the design on it, kinda reminds me of a vintage teacup haha! I hope you'll post soon about why you decided to start dressing vintage and how you dealt with being different. I've been waiting anxiously ever since you mentioned it hehe you're such an inspiration to me! And so beautiful too x

Marzipan said...

You are gorgeous <3 Love all the pics.

esme and the laneway said...

Anonymous: I look forward to writing it :) I'll have some time to dedicate to longer blog posts like this next week x

LittleMissLee said...

Very jealous of all the sunshine, looks like you you had lots of fun, and you look so cute as always

http://blogoftheprettythings.blogspot.co.uk/

xxx

Helen said...

You look so cute and sixties!
It's so nice to see the sun...I've forgotten what warm days are like ahaha

cecylia said...

HOW gorgeous you are!!! Love love love that dress, the print and your meals :) Happy new year M hope to see you soon! xx

Oakley Seal said...

I nominated you for the very inspiring blogger award on my blog! If you want to check out the post it will be published on the 2nd! (:

Answer My Dream said...

What lovely photographs of what seems like an entirely perfect day :)

Meg Eileen Carroll said...

Once again highlighting all that I love about Melbourne.

Happy New Year! :D

http://meggymoo0.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I absolutely adore this dress.Could I still find one alike and have it delivered to Germany? :D

Anonymous said...

Hi Marianne,
I've only been reading your blog for a little while but I really like it. You have a really great style and I love how you do your makeup. Keep it up!
Virginia

Melanie said...

These pictures are nice !

Love xx
Melanie ~ www.mlncrd.com

Anonymous said...

Hi Marianne, I love all your pictures!
Summer inspiration is just what I need up herein snowy Norway. Just had to say - I have a twin dress! Its vintage from the 50s, yours too? It's like the exact same pattern, but slightly different cut. Weird, right?

love, Anne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...