Friday, 7 December 2012

blue print dresses, matching bikes and vintage lamp shades

blue summer dress floral platforms a It's Friday, woo hoo! Here is me back last Monday, with my 1950's dining table and chairs set. Oh, and a far more modern bike, too – not mine. It's sharing in my blue and white colour scheme, though, so it's all good. The blue – almost cyan
blue, which would have matched my dress, and the table too, really, more closely – sleek single speed that lives above
Mr Chunky Wheels was out for the day.

I love that these photos show a bit more of what it looks like at home. You can see the big windows above me (that aren't exactly good for lighting in photos, but hey, never mind) and the edge of one of my vintage industrial light shades. I found three for almost nothing at an op shop a couple of years ago, and they are one of my all time best finds. They're a beautiful dark green on the outside, and maybe next time I'll fit more of them in the shot!

blue summer dress floral platforms c The dress is from asos from a while ago and the shoes are Betts, from last summer. I haven't curled my hair for what feels like forever and I am really missing it. It should now be past that annoying in between stage that was definitely not friends with our recent humid weather so it's time bring back some soft curls, I think, just in time for the weekend! x blue summer dress floral platforms b

21 comments:

Sophie Jane said...

Gosh, you in that dress, stunner

Peachy Keen said...

Great dress and I love the 50's table!

Jade

Caitlin said...

I love everything about this!!! The hair, the lipstick, and dress!!! It's sooo pretty!!
~Caitlin

Fifties Darling said...

Such a pretty hairdo! You look kind of sexy milady. Love the pattern on the dress. Asos is good that way with printed garments!

Hannah said...

You look gorgeous, love the colour of the walls.I want that dress! xxx

Magz and Mez said...

Your blog really is a delight. I absolutely adore the way you dress. Your stunning!

http://sophisticated-sisters.blogspot.com.au/

Kati said...

So gorgeous - as always!
-Kati

Martina said...

You look like Scarlett Johansson!

Alli said...

Love that dress. And the 50s table setting is gorgeous :)

Is It Secret, Is It Safe said...

I love your dress so much! And your hair! Your home looks really cool!

-Katie

Chloe Schofield said...

Hello,
I just found your darling blog, and became your newest follower. Everything here is so pretty! I look forward to reading your future posts soon. I hope you are enjoying the countdown to Christmas.
Love,
Chloe xx
P.S. I absolutely adore your dress and your lipstick colour!


Katie Frank said...

Oh my god. This dress is so cute, I just can't. <3 *_* you look too adorable :)
http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

esme and the laneway said...

‪Chloe Schofield‬ welcome, and thanks!


‪Hannah‬ thanks – it took ages to decide on the wall colour but I'm chuffed with it!

‪Fifties Darling‬ : haha! ;D

‪Peachy Keen‬ one of my favourite finds ever!

Iliska Dreams said...

My eyes went straight to the map! I have a slight addiction to vintage maps, where did you find yours? Love the dress on you as well!

http://iliska-dreams.blogspot.com.au/

Jessica Cangiano said...

Wonderfully pretty outfit (and hair). I really like how redolent the pattern on your dress is to classic toile, yet fresher, hipper and more modern. So lovely!

♥ Jessica

esme and the laneway said...

Iliska Dreams: it was a gift, I'm not sure where it's from – if I find out I'll post about it :)

Jessica Cangiano: thanks :)

daria said...

hey, I'm getting a threat notification every time I open your blog. everything ok?

Peta said...

LOVE the dress

mn2nz said...

Cute dress and LOVE the hair!

Rachel said...

Goodness, that dress is perfection!

Alexandra said...

This dress is absolutely AMAZING!And the perfect color.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...