Wednesday, 19 December 2012

blue vintage dresses and lazy saturday lunches with friends

vintage blue floral dress b As things get really busy with Christmas almost here, I've been making the most of weekends, catching up with friends and eating good food. And, when it's been really hot, being in icy air con, in beautiful blue stone buildings, has definitely been a bonus! The Saturday before last, John and I caught up with some friends in Fitzroy – although it feels like months ago already.

windy brolly windy lane b It was a very hot, very windy day – not ideal weather for parasols! Getting there on one of Melbourne's air con-free buses was not the best of experiences so my Belinni tasted extra good. bellini hotn As did our passion fruit cocktails that followed. passion fruit good times hotn woo This is Woo. ken hotn Ken. pb hotn And Peter. Jesse, sat on my left, and John, sat on my right, have been spared what would be some super-up-close camera treatment from my 35mm lens. oysters hotn Oysters! Could we start any other way? I prefer the smaller ones, like these. And plain, with lemon, and nothing else at all, thank you. greens hotn fish hotn carrot meat hotn beef basket hotn We ate well. lipstick ristretto hotn And I finished with a ristretto. I've been getting into an Italian spirit of sorts and I also knew I'd need help to get back out into the heat! collingwood heat haze hotn It was still very hot in the early evening, and everything had a yellow glow. windy hair hi green leaves And the wind was still really strong. The change was on its way! fitzroy ivy buildings fitzroy building roof tops comhou big old collingwood building hotn vintage blue floral dress a I wore my vintage blue floral dress and my gorman blue platform sandals. vintage blue floral dress d And decided that if my hair was going to get blown about, so be it. smith street melbourne change storm in the taxi We caught a cab home from Smith St, and watched the change come through from the backseat. The sky really does go that colour when it hits. There were huge piles of little yellow leaves swirling and dancing in the gusts but I couldn't photograph them in time – so dangerous gas lines it is. windy lane c windy lane d The cool change felt fantastic. Lazy Saturday lunches are something I look forward to next year, and more often, please! vintage blue floral dress c

18 comments:

Peachy Keen said...

You always look amazing!

Jade

Ciara Baron said...

This post is beautiful. You never fail to inspire me Marianne!

Sushi said...

Lovely outfit, that dress goes so well with the Gorman shoes! x Sushi

Meg Eileen Carroll said...

Your blog could be an ad campaign for Melbourne. Seriously, you highlight all the aspects of Melbourne I love most.
How weird was the weather today, the entire day I saw dark clouds and assumed it was cold, and then I step outside and it's 30 degrees! Crazy!
Never tried oysters, they look so weird, so I can say I feel like I'm missing out

http://meggymoo0.blogspot.com

Incendiary Blonde said...

Those passion fruit cocktails look soooo yummy...in fact the whole meal looks delicious!

Incendiary Blonde

Żaneta Żyrafko said...

The dress is so Marylin Monroe style - like on this picture: http://www.cool-story.com/marilyn-monroe/pictures/article_text/Marilyn-Monroe-marries-Arthur-Miller-1.jpg

I love it!

Dominika said...

Heat? Oh, come on, it's winter time:D These photos are from Melbourne? Wow, I imagined it little difficult, but I like it, the city on your photos looks very similar... well, very similar to our polish cities (but, unfortunately, better) ;)Nice place.

Dominika xx

Judy said...

Sounds like a fun day! I love the beautiful light in the pictures. And your dress is adorable.

Naomi at The Occasional Indulgence said...

That blue is perfect on you, dear.

http://theoccasionalindulgence.blogspot.com/

Helen said...

What a lovely day. I adore your pretty sundress!
I also kind of wish I was in the sunshine.

Eva Wu said...

You always look so beautiful!

Katie said...

Beautiful blog post, totally love it! I remember that arvo/evening, and you captured the vibe perfectly.

esme and the laneway said...

Ciara Baron: thanks! x

Sushi: how good are gorman's shoes! Soooo versatile! :D

Meg Eileen Carroll: haha thanks, that would be fun. Maybe one day! I did that too yesterday, sneaky gloomy heat! I do recommend oysters but also recommend not chewing them... it took me ages to "get" them but then I had some fresh ones and it was like swimming in the ocean in the best way :)

Incendiary Blonde: they were, it was – the cocktails were very strong though, we loved it! ;D

Żaneta Żyrafko: what a beautiful picture! I love these dresses but I'll never wear them quite as well as she did ;) x


Dominika: it's the middle of summer for us ;) Apparently Melbourne is a lot like Berlin, but I've never been... it's kind of run down, grungy, factory pretty rather than quaint or fancy :)


GracefullyVintage said...

Your dress is so beautiful, as are you!

Can you recommend a reasonably priced kiss-proof lipstick? One that is actually kiss-proof as they always lie!

Your an expert at all of the things! :) x

Jessica Cangiano said...

That distinct yellow glow of summer's light you touched on is one of my favourite things in the world. I could wax poetically about it until the cows come home, and can scarcely wait for it to return to our corner of the world once more.

♥ Jessica

fritha strickland said...

you probably get this all the time but you really look like Scarlet Johansson xx

Dominika said...

I know you have summer now, I joked ;) I've also never been in Berlin, but I hope it'll change soon.

ourdailydress said...

I think you need to tell me more about these shoes? Are they comfy? Should I invest?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...