Tuesday, 18 December 2012

jacarandas, vintage skirts and a challenge

pink skirt jacaranda laneway a In my attempts at catching up with blog posts, this one is definitely a little out of synch, but I have to tell you something bad that has happened. My beloved Nikon D7000 suddenly stopped working and I've had to send it off to be fixed, and won't get it back for seven weeks or so. I am so sad! I was going to use my old Canon, which was also not working especially well (and this is what encouraged me to buy my Nikon when I did) but it seems it has degenerated further whilst sitting on the shelf. These were taken with that old Canon, and not only does the focus not work, it gives everything a strange glow – which could possibly be put to some sort of use but is not exactly ideal for my needs!

So these are from my nice, quiet Saturday, when we did little more than go out for lunch, buy some flowers, and admire the jacarandas and their summery lilac snow. I wore an outfit I've already had on here not too long ago, and I think it will be something of a casual summer staple: vintage skirt, tee short and floral wedges, with my asos bag and sun glasses.

I have a few posts lined up with photos from the Nikon, but it looks like my posts for Christmas and into February might just be done on my iPhone camera. It's a challenge, right?! And challenges are to be met, so we'll have to see just what we can do! pink skirt jacaranda laneway c jacaranda shoes pink skirt jacaranda laneway b


Jessica Cangiano said...

Oh dear, there are few moments more gut sinking than when you reach for your trusty camera and it no longer works. Fingers crossed that they're able to fix your Nikon and that it will be as good as new in a few weeks.

♥ Jessica

Aloysia Adinda Nareswari said...

i really like the outfits! i like jacarandas too! and btw, the photos still look good:)


Meg Eileen Carroll said...

The quality of your photos despite the technical difficulties is still vastly better than mine :D
That skirt is gorgeous, gotta love pink. You look very much the Aussie, whilst still remaining an English rose as well. Just beautiful :D


Iliska Dreams said...

Cute skirt, what fabric is it made out of? Hope Santa gets your camera back to you soon as!


Nora said...

Oh no! How annoying!! Surely your iPhone posts will be just as amazing - after all, it's mostly about the outfit no?

I love the skirt, so pretty! I am so jealous of your vintage dresses! Where do you get most of them from? I love those wedges too - I really need to refresh my wardrobe!


Vickie said...

hope you get your camera back as quickly as possible - good luck with the challenge it has presented you.

also, I love your skirt :)

esme and the laneway said...

Jessica Cangiano : thanks, and yes! :)

Aloysia Adinda Nareswari: that's sweet of you :)

Meg Eileen Carroll: I feel so much of both now!

Iliska Dreams : old, softest cotton. Bestest :)

Nora: haha we'll see! I get the majority of my vintage from etsy, but I am getting more keen to shop for it locally :)

Vickie: thanks – and the challenge will be a good one!

Judy said...

Wow, that really sucks. But the pictures still look lovely. I think you can still use the Canon. Maybe not for everything but for pictures like these it's fine. Although I'm sure you'll make anything work.

Teresa said...

Gorgeous skirt!
I hope you camera gets fixed quickly.

Ron McQuade said...

Broken cameras as the worst, my canon has a broken cf card slot pin this summer but thanks to a few vague instructions on the internet and help from my dad I had it fixed and working, though I don't take the cf card out anymore.

Your skirt here is fantastic, I almost could have sworn it was Orla Kiely for people tree! Love the leaves!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...