Thursday, 13 December 2012

november on my instagram

nov instagram a Ok, so we are almost halfway through December, and I think it is definitely time to have a look at my November through Instagram!

I was determined to start the month well, so spent the first weekend with friends enjoying belinnis, prozaccos (cheers Nigella), fancy chocolates, and, well, ok, this is a giant dragonfly. Not a friend but he did hang about in our backyard for a while during a thunderstorm, and impressed us with those delicate details and pincers. nov instagram b More animals – my swan has a look at my huge coffee. We had to get more fancy treats (we just had to), I got new and very fancy shoes, and Babycat took a liking to them. nov instagram c We went to the beautiful SocieTea party, and I wore soft curls knowing that the wind blasting through the car windows (wind-oh-no's) was not going to be my friend. I bought a 1940s black dress with dark gold and green beading and sequin details, and seemed to be having a metallic moment as I wore silver nails to the SocieTea party. I actually want some matte nail colours so the hunt for those begins. nov instagram d Thanks to the SocieTea party I now have two beautiful Tea 2 cups and saucers and the little thing where the tea leaves go. They make tea drinking that bit more special, and look good on my kitchen shelves – and I'll post pictures of home soon. I've been having a massive spring clean, and have cleared out my wardrobe, with the help of a certain someone, of course. I had a really nice salad with chic peas, to counter the sweetness of the past few days. And I stopped curling my hair for a while, deciding to enjoy its natural straightness for a bit, seeing as the weather here was making it impossible to keep curls anyway. Here I am very excited as I am about to go to I, Animal at the Melbourne Zoo and ride on a carousel. nov instagram e Look at the beautiful carousel! It was everything I expected and more. As we were having so much cold weather, I finally got the Marni boots I had been lusting after for months. I love them. They are super comfortable and easy to walk in, too – don't let that high-looking heel fool you. I liked these upside down lamps at a bar in Brunswick where we had burgers with a friend who is moving interstate. And I love these biscotinni, the traditional Italians biscuits my mother-in-law makes. They are a little different everytime, and these were the slightly softer version. So good with stove top coffee after dinner. nov instagram f I went for a weekend trip to Daylesford! I packed my red vintage hat box and I like to travel light. We were having the most beautiful weather at last, so espadrilles, bathers, and vintage cotton skirts were just what I needed. You can see how happy I was on that sunny Saturday morning. The room I had was perfect for me, a vintage Harpers Bazaar room with artworks from the 1930s, dark blue walls and a huge fire place, plus a Bally Blonde poster in my private sun room. Yes, we each had our own private sun rooms. We travel in style. We ate in great style, too, al fresco, with tumbling ivy spilling over the table tops. nov instagram g Blood orange spiders were delicious after an admittedly short road trip. We had tea at Peppers in Hepburn Springs, and I really loved the aqua hair-like stuff. I came home and relished more salad, this time with giant cous cous. nov instagram h Four moments from Daylesford: the gardens at Peppers Hepburn Springs, my Bally Blonde sun room, me starting my Sunday morning with my vintage yellow floral skirt in my pretty bedroom and then just before enjoying the amazing Peppers Hepburn Springs spa, hair in a pony tail and no makeup, of course. nov instagram i And the last week of the month! The weather decided it was practically summer officially and so it should get cracking with the high 30's temperatures. These are from a Thursday that was around 40C, and I worked with no air con but with studio lights, taking photos and feeling far more sorry for the model than for me as she had to look as though she wasn't actually melting even though she was. Babycat almost had the right idea for how to spend the day – lying down – but she sometimes sough out the few sunny spots because she likes to be hot, it seems. Mad cat. Later that evening I went to a party at Dansk in Melbourne's Chapel Street, Windsor end, and then enjoyed Danish food (meatballs! Thanks SO MUCH for the info on them and how they differ to Swedish!) at the Wolf and I across the road. And unexpectedly gorgeous end to a gruellingly hot day!

And that was my November on Instagram! Follow me if you like, I'm @laneway_esme x

19 comments:

AhkaVintage said...

I love instagram - did you know that you can download them and get them printed as little magnets to stick on the fridge? I think it's such a neat idea!
www.AhkaVintage.com

Mallory Nicole said...

I've read that mixing in cornstarch in a clear coat and putting it over normal colored nail polish gets the matte look, rather than trying to look around for colors. I haven't tried it yet, but it definitely looks interesting.

irene wibowo said...

pretty photos :) Irene Wibowo

Amanda said...

What a fun November! And lovely photos! Those last few made me wonder-- what is your non-blogging job? Photographer? Stylist? Set dresser? So curious!

lauren, curious constellation said...

Your life is just so enviable!

esme and the laneway said...

AhkaVintage: that's kind of awesome! :D

Mallory Nicole: sounds interesting, but wouldn't it be lumpy? Let me know if you try it :)

Amanda: I was working for a NFP and Thursdays were photographing/styling/wear lots of hats day :)

lauren, curious constellation: it's all in the editing; I haven't instagrammed me mopping under the sofa or doing the hoovering... yet! ;D

picturetalk321 said...

everything yellow I love here! :)

Jessica Cangiano said...

What an enchantingly marvelous month - everything is so lovely, inviting (in the sense of that I know I'd have a blast experiencing it, too), and beautifully documented.

♥ Jessica

Incendiary Blonde said...

I love that dress in the first picture....and your sunflower skirt! The cocktail looks so refreshing, and the chocolates also look deeeelish - I'm not surprised you went back for more! :) That dragonfly is so beautiful - what a lovely visitor to your garden!

Incendiary Blonde

Emalina said...

Stunning photos!

Anonymous said...

I like the skirt with the sunflowers!

Dulce said...

i follow you on instagram, but it's a total delight to see all the pics together, btw i love your cat :3

Nika Chick said...

I love that colorful mix! Pure happiness :))

Dominika said...

It's a hard challenge: to watch your photos and not to get hungry. I got.

When I saw your sweater with the swan (great!), I thought of it: http://www.thisismarilyn.com/artwork/krochha-2009061360643-Annex__Monroe_Marilyn_Lets_Make_Love_01-original.jpg ;)

ourdailydress said...

Oh man, babycat looks so delightful. I've been showing my cats pictures of her to encourage them to be fluffier, but they just huffed off on me.

Melanie said...

The dragonfly is so biiiiig ! I have never seen one like that before !

Love xx
Melanie ~ www.mlncrd.com

Margarita Bloom said...

Um, okay can I be your friend....because I would love to go on these adventures with you...giggle... so fab. *dimple*

Emily Symonds said...

Head into a priceline or something - Rimmel have a topcoat which is called Lycra Pro Matte Finish - its great! You paint your nails with any colour and then just do this topcoat and it goes matte as you watch it. I use it all the time :)

esme and the laneway said...

Emily Symonds: ohh thanks so much! Will definitely look for this! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...