Friday, 21 December 2012

pink and blue vintage, pink and blue decor and an Italian morning

blue pink vintage dress eA few Saturdays ago, John and I joined his mum to do some Christmas shopping, Italian style. It was a beautiful Melbourne summer day, sunny and clear. I wore my vintage blue and pink-purple floral 1950's dress, my blue gorman platform sandals and my sunglasses from Dansk. They remind me of 1940's ones, and they are a strong look but I like them! What do you think?not squinting in pink lipstick doggie in the window How cute is this little dog? He was very happy when his owner came back (from picking up coffees, which is what we were doing) to give him pats. dansk sun glasses pink nails and dress blue gorman sandals pink toes I was having a very coordinated day, down to my fuchsia nailssharing italian cakes We'd already had our morning latte and weren't expecting to go straight into cakes and coffee, thinking we'd shop first. But more coffee it was! It definitely put us in a good shopping mood! wall of jars of olives wall of pasta wall of olive oil sea pasta inky and pinkyWe went to Mediterraneo's in Brunswick, a huge place filled with Italian goods. There are several walls of pasta, big tins of olive oil stacked higher than my head and all the different kinds of olives I could want. I liked how the squid and the salmon pastas were next to each other; inky and pinky. We got one of each.more espresso sandwich family mixed business beef sandwich mb poached eggs avocado mixed businessOne car boot full later, for us and my mother-in-law, it was time for... more coffee. And lunch! It's been a while, so I don't know if you can guess what I had..! We went to Mixed Business in Clifton Hill, our favourite go-to place for things like this. This time, however, there was a break in tradition: I did not get one bite of John's beef sandwich. Not one! Rude. He tells me it was very good. I guess I'll have to take his word for it – or perhaps his actions speak louder!laneway coordinating blue pink dress aIt was something of a food day. We still had to go to the green grocers and walked there through pretty North Fitzroy. I continued my colour matching with the laneway flowers and street art. blue pink vintage dress c pink flower glasses b blue gorman sandals pink blue gocery storeAnd with the green grocers, too. Seriously.orange masi bikeBefore it gets too, too much, lets have a break. I loved this orange bike. And, duly colourful and food full, that was our Saturday morning! I'm almost ready for Christmas now, although the plans have been thrown up in the air a bit. I'm still looking forward to it. Are you ready for Christmas?blue pink vintage dress d

22 comments:

norafinds said...

That dress is beautiful! And I do love the sunnies - totally different! :) This whole outfit is just gorgeous, I love how your painted your toenails pink/magenta too! Too cute!

Nora
NoraFinds

Meg Eileen Carroll said...

Yay, you're in the laneway. Another one of your gorgeous floral dresses, and th shoes are bold and brilliant. I'm loving that shade of pink. Where's it from, and was does it look so different? I can't put my finger on it. All your foodie posts make me so hungry (thank goodness I'm just about to head out to a restaurant). PLus, the picture of the ornage bike reminds me of my xmas pressie, I'm get a lilac vintage-style bike and so so so excited :D Just letting you know, you are my favourite blogger, if you haven't guessed from all of my long-winded comments. Yikes, I must annoy you

http://meggymoo0.blogspot.com

Svenja said...

You look really pretty. I love your dress!

ourdailydress said...

Yum, thos Italian grocer places are the best. Who knew there were so many kinds of olives?

LandGirl1980 said...

Fab shoes!

Iliska Dreams said...

I was wondering how comfortable your wedges are? I am such a flats wearer, but I often admire your shoes and contemplating getting a pair of "grown up" shoes.

http://iliska-dreams.blogspot.com.au/

gry sol said...

you are like the most beautiful person I know xx love from sweden

Selina said...

I love your hair like that. I tried pincurling it but its still too short, I'd like to try the simple roll that you have in these pictures, how did you create it? (I also want one of those dogs with its head of out the window)

Jessica Cangiano said...

This defintiely sounds like an terrific day to me. Odd as it may seem to some, one of my favourite things of all-time to go shopping for is groceries, especially if a specialty market (like the Italian one you visited), food hall, or other noteworthy stop is on the itinerary.

Love these summery, gorgeous shots of you - the one where you're sliding your sunnies partway down your nose is especially charming.

♥ Jessica

Anna-Nathalie said...

Lovely photos! I love your dress and the food looks delicious! :D

Ivy said...

Sounds like you had a lovely day! Here in the states it's freezing! I love the shoes.

http://eviestearoom.blogspot.com/
Ivy

Anna z dziecioblog said...

The photos you make are so beautiful even if this is only a photo of the shop shelves. Are you a photographer? Have you had some photo courses? Greetings from cold winter Poland. Anna

Eccentric Owl said...

This looks like such a lovely shopping trip, and you look beautiful! I adore your lipstick color and fuchsia nails!

Esz said...

Love all the matchy matchy :-)
Always wanted to go to Mediterraneo's - it looks like 'wog heaven' - I'm allowed to say that cos I am a wog ;-P sort of. Hehee.
Your sunnies are way cool too!

alabee said...

those are the craziest, cutest sunglasses ever!

Harlow Darling said...

Those glasses are AMAZING!!!! I don't normally pay attention to sunglasses but wow, really love these ones :D

Debs said...

Happy to say I am :)
I've been reading a lot of Phryne Fisher books and now want to visit Melbourne. Thank goodness Dad is moving there soon.

esme and the laneway said...

norafinds : thanks! x

Meg Eileen Carroll: aw thanks! Not annoying at all :) I hope the restaurant was nice! x

ourdailydress: I know!!!

Iliska Dreams: so comfortable! As long as they aren't too steep I find them really good for all day.

gry sol: ! ;D

Selina: it is a really simple roll up and pin thing, I can do a quick tut :)

Jessica Cangiano: not odd at all. It is really enjoyable!

Anna z dziecioblog: thanks :) No, I just like doing it!

Esz: haha it totally is! And we totally are allowed to say that – I'm an honorary!

Harlow Darling: thanks! :D

Debs: Melbourne is pretty good, lots of nice old buildings! x

April Sharman said...

I like the glasses, they look fun to wear and you style is consistently wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Probably this comment is absolutely pointless, but the olive oil in the photo is spanish (and delicious!) ;)

Kristina said...

Loving the colour coordination :)

Penny Lane said...

Nice place! I see some typical Spanish items there. Like Carbonell Oil!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...