Tuesday, 11 December 2012

weekend away to Daylesford, part one

me going to daylesford a A couple of weekends ago I headed to Daylesford for the weekend with some blogging friends of mine. It couldn't have come at a better time, to be honest, and getting out of the city felt especially good. It's amazing how 36 hours away from rote living can refresh your outlook and what not. And I could definitely cope with spending time with four awesome ladies in a beautiful part of Victoria!

Darling Iolanthe drove us from Melbourne to Daylesford. We wanted to make the most of our time in the countryside
and so we had quite an early start on the Saturday. Coffee was, of course, a necessity. We went to Seven Seeds for
a heart starter. even seeds light early morning lattes The lights have been yarn bombed? Or maybe not. They're pretty cute. I looooove hydrangeas (although I'm not entirely sure how to say it; rhymes with rangers?) and extra points here for floral and sartorial coordination. blue hydrangeas iolanthe sth melb Iolanthe looked radiant in her vintage dress. me going to daylesford b And I was in an excellent mood (plus a good coffee high) and continued with the environment coordinating. My dress is 1950's vintage, my big bag is by asos, and so are my black and cream espadrilles. wombat hill After a pretty quick car ride – no photos, it's all just blurry green and roads and the occasional horse which in turn would be blurry in my photo – we were there, in lush Wombat Hill. It's so like home, there, as I think they are all English plants and trees. blood orange spiders Keeping your fluids up is very important when traveling. We felt that blood orange spiders (known as coke floats, back in Blighty, although with, erm, blood orange soda, and not coke, obviously) were the best option. Would it be too much to again note our colour coordinating? I think not. Also note peachy mani (Iolanthe's) there. iolanthe flowers wombat hill b Duly refreshed, we headed back into the quiet greenery. iolanthe wombat hill yellow sandals It felt so nice to sit on the soft cool grass in the safety of the shade. there is more to life than reading book Of course modernity can't be too far away. Every time I see this phone cover I think of The Smiths. me flowers wombat hill d me flowers wombat hill a me flowers wombat hill b me flowers wombat hill c me flowers wombat hill b Leeyong joined us. Both she and Iolanthe were happy to follow my directions of "look wistfully to your left," for a quick photo. And then it was time to head into Hepburn Springs for some lunch... which I'll be sharing very soon! x leeyong iolanthe Follow Esme and the lane way

 Subscribe in a reader

18 comments:

Alli said...

Love that dress on you.....just gorgeous :)
Looks like you had a beautiful day

Melanie said...

I think you look like Scarlet Johanson :$

Love,
Melanie ~ www.mlncrd.com

Mrs Advocat said...

I love your dress! and the colours seems to be so you!

Is It Secret, Is It Safe said...

Wow, beautiful pictures! They make me miss summer!

-Katie

MOUSEVOX VINTAGE said...

I, too, am long overdue for a trip out of the city. I'm glad you're getting to do so and it looks like you're having a lovely time!

Laurence said...

So funny to see you in this pretty little floral dress... we had our first snow here in FRANCE this week-end, you can see some pictures of my outfit there:

http://lostin1950.blogspot.fr/2012/12/let-it-snow.html

I really love vintage coton dresses for summer especially with a lot of flowers...

LOVELY PICTURES!!!

Kristian said...

Looks like a fun time!

Dominika said...

When I watch your photo, I guess your life's little similar to a fairy tale (then I feel sooo bored with my life, haha!), but you don't seem to be, hm, unnatural, artificial. It's really good. The only one bad thing is that I just have a depression seeing this sunshine and such beautiful weather. Currently I feel rather like on the Antarctica, not in Europe -.-

Sorry for my english ;)
xx

Teresa said...

You all look so pretty and I love your photos! I've been wanting to visit Daylesford for ages but haven't quite made it there yet. I'm hoping to go early next year!

Rachel said...

All of your dresses are SO swoon worthy!

An Scenic World said...

Daylesford is so sensational! I love seeing all the places I know through your eyes here :) May I reccomend, if/when you return, to take a trip to Lionsville and the Radio Springs Hotel? It's the nicest, quirkiest, warmest-feeling little pub going.

Eva Wu said...

Beautiful and charming as always

Ash said...

Gorgeous photos! Love your dress, so bright and summery :)
Daylesford is lovely isnt it? So quaint and quiet,you wouldnt believe its so close to melb!!!
X

Jessica Cangiano said...

Oh how deliciously warm, sunny and cheerful these lovely photos are! I adore the fact that you wore socks with a summery frock. I constantly want to do that each spring and summer, but always seem to chicken out because I don't have the slimmest of calves and am worried it might make them seem thicker than they are. Still, I think that I'll try and work up the courage once for all when next spring comes around - inspired by your lead! :)

♥ Jessica

Anonymous said...

I have to say I love your blog so so much and I am very much enjoying how often your are posting these days :D keep up the good work you vintage dreamboat you! X

esme and the laneway said...

Laurence: oh snow is so beautiful!

Dominika: that is the nicest compliment ever :) I miss the cold weather, but I hope it gets better there soon x

Teresa: it's very pretty!

An Scenic World: I'd love to get back, maybe in autumn, thanks for the tips!

Ash: I know, so close!

Jessica Cangiano: no socks, just the ties from my shoes and my very pale feet. But socks and summer dresses are super cute x

Anonymous: thanks! I am having technical issues from all sides but I'll try!

charmay culmer said...

That dress is just wonderful!
I really love your blog it is my favourite ♥

Iliska Dreams said...

Such a pretty dress. I wish I had your skin colouring to be able to wear those colours! Looks amazing on you.

http://iliska-dreams.blogspot.com.au/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...