Friday, 14 December 2012

weekend away to daylesford, part two:
good food, good company and a beautiful afternoon

tea peppers c Happy Friday! A good day to look at more of my weekend away in Daylesford, I think. After the drive down with Iolanthe and meeting up with Leeyong, the three of us met up with Sarah K and Sarah W for afternoon tea at Peppers, in Hepburn spring, as guests of Spa Country. tea under the arches at peppers hepburn springs tea sandwiches tea peppers j We were treated to some beautiful sweets and champagne, and met our hosts, Chris and Wayne. chris and wayne green vintage tea set They told us about the beautiful vintage teasets. tea peppers a tea peppers e tea peppers d tea peppers b tea peppers g I hear the gluten-free option tastes as good as it looks. tea peppers f tea peppers h This mermaid hair-like sweet was my favourite. tea peppers i me leeyong peppers After a good feed we were taken on a tour of the amazingly lush gardens. lavender bees The bees were hard at work. lily pond peppers gardens peppers gardens c We had a look at the lily pond, the little maze, and the incredible cellar, under the old house there. Apparently there used to be tunnels from the cellar to the neighbouring building... what a place for a party! It was a lovely way to round off our afternoon. peppers gardens a

14 comments:

ooobop.com said...

What gorgeous photography to wake up to in the morning! Quite the English afternoon tea!

Two Happy Hearts said...

Ohhh my goodness, you are lovely! I love that yellow dress.

Melissa Gaggiano said...

The table settings are gorgeous. And I love the green tea set.

Vickie said...

what a gorgeous place (& afternoon tea), your photos are wonderful :)

ourdailydress said...

Mmmm, mermaid hair/ persian fairyfloss is amazing. And I think I need that green teaset.

Aloysia Adinda Nareswari said...

lovely photos and yummy cakes!

http://dindaloysia.blogspot.com

Jessica Cangiano said...

What a dreamy, absolutely gorgeous looking location and day out. The verdant vintage tea set and those sublimely tasty treats have me yearning to attend - or throw - a tea party myself now, too.

♥ Jessica

Sydney said...

wow...that beautiful green teapot! and the delicate sweets!! what an amazing day that must have been.

Rebecca Ann said...

That clotted cream on the scones looks divine and I always enjoy your posts! I love your vintage style and fun personality.

Hey Marianne! I have awarded you the Liebster blog award over at my blog. :) Blessings and Merry Christmas!

Rebecca

Melanie said...

It was a great day, wasn't it ?
The pictures are beautiful :)

Love xx
Melanie ~ www.mlncrd.com

Teresa said...

Oh, the high tea looks perfect and that vintage teapot set is so beautiful!

esme and the laneway said...

Thanks for the comments, it really was a lovely day and we all felt very pampered.

Rebecca Ann : thank you! x

Margarita Bloom said...

That looks like such A LOVELY place to stay at...oh, those gardens. And I do LOVE little foods to sample and nibble on.

mn2nz said...

Fun! Love the green tea set and the beautiful gardens!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...