Thursday, 31 January 2013

babycat, in the study, with a vintage dress

orange floral jan13 c Hello! I'm rather pleased with my Cleudo title and I think it covers most things here. This was going to be just a straight forward outfit post – admittedly in a dress I have worn lots before, but it is a real favourite and I don't own a zillion summer dresses – alas! – and maybe some babbling about makeup, but it's the first lot of pictures I took of myself, on my own, using the tripod and remote control, for ages and ohh if I hadn't forgotten how tricky that can be. Luckily, I had Babycat to help. orange floral jan13 i First there is the guessing of where you are in the frame – I thought Babycat and the desk were fitting in. Need to move the camera up. At the moment I am madly in love with overdrawn lips, 1940s style, which I know is a strong look but I adore that petulant lip shape. orange floral jan13 b Too high – you can now see the top of the ladder I've been painting, glamorously propped up there on the blue cloths so it doesn't mark the wall. I did at least 80 coats so I am going to give it a LOT of time to dry. orange floral jan13 a I would like to praise the awesomeness of my camera's ability to "know" what I want it to focus on. This is on auto focus and it just knew I wanted to show you my nails. They are inspired by Batman, those bits where "pow" and so on are drawn in starbursts. Those are navy slanty triangles at the tips, which is of course very important to know. orange floral jan13 d Then a lens change. And a poster change! This pink one has been replaced. John and I share this desk and will be having plenty of discussions about what posters can go up. Isn't it a good thing, for both of us, that I am always right. orange floral jan13 f Obligatory full length. Yep, we keep our bikes inside. Also, my plan was to keep the computer wires behind all the plants but clearly that's not going so well. The beautiful bunch of yellow flowers are from Fowlers Flowers in Clifton Hill, and were for a special project that I can't wait to share! orange floral jan13 h orange floral jan13 e I got a bit sunburned in the morning – through SPF 30 – and my poor arms are a bit itchy. orange floral jan13 g See – different shoes! As promised. These are my beloved navy platform sandals and I have a feeling they might get worn through winter, too. Look, you can see Babycat's tongue! And finally, a completely gratuitous photo of Babycat as Pillow. Having her rest her tiny face on the laptop did not exactly speed up my afternoon productivity but it was so totally worth it. Kisses! orange floral jan13 j

21 comments:

Esz said...

Oh my gosh her cute little tongue!!
Fluffy kitties make such good pillows - Boofy has a habit of sleeping on the top of the sofa - so I can lean back and have his fluff right near my head.

Your shoes will be perfect for winter - can definitely see them with opaques! Sooooo longing for the cooler weather already. Want to find a magical supply of wool crepe so I can make 100 dresses with 3/4 sleeves and tiny glass buttons. ;-P
AND - I want to make a redingote too - just obsessed with the idea of one.

Meg Eileen Carroll said...

Your camera has the sixth sense. Oh my, it's becoming too smart, technology is going to take over. I'm jsut like you with sunburn, shoulders and upper arms are the worst, and mine are covered in freckles. And your shoes are awesome. So jealous, where are they from. Also, I was happy to see that MAC in geelong has the 'girl about town' shade so I'm very much erring towards getting it. :D Sorry for the long babble

Marlee said...

your cat is amazing!

Stefanie said...

Ahh your posts have got me wishing for Spring here. :)
I too am smitten with overdrawn lips, for one it evens out my bottom lip and for two I like them because it looks bold and I love that.

Oh and I have to mention the ladder, that peach colour is perfect. My walls are the same colour as yours and it has me thinking of finding peach curtains for Spring and Summer. or peach bedding. :)

X Stefanie

esme and the laneway said...

Esz : great pillows, exceot I'm allergic! It's worth every sneeze ;) Ooooh what is a redingote? I know I could google it but really, it's more fun to ask ;p and 100 crepe dresses sounds both awesome and practical; you would hardly ever need to dry clean 'em, just get another one out of the wardrobe! x


Meg Eileen Carroll : I have lots of freckles too, and after years of hating them decided they were beautiful x the shoes are by Gorman, super comfy :) And I sound like a MAC pusher, but I have the same one I got about 3 years ago, use it heaps and it's still got loads left... it's expensive but it's brilliant. x

Marlee: I am convinced she should have her own blog.

Stefanie : yes, bold, exactly! I sometimes feel that my vintage summer dresses can be cloyingly sweet and I like bold makeup to balance it all out a bit. Peach and green are definitely friends, I think peach bed sheets and curtains would be gorgeous!

Michelle said...

Haha, baby at should definitely have a blog of her own! I would read it.

What is the name of the colour you used for the ladder? It's gorgeous.

cecylia said...

these photos are divine! You are the most beautiful lady in the world :) Love to meet Babycat one day :) xxx

Nebulainbloom said...

I love everything about this post.
Everything is so pretty inside your house!
Mr. babycat looks mighty fluffy and fancy just lounging up on your desk!

Emma MyVintage said...

Beautiful dress, beautiful shoes, beautiful lips and most importantly, beautiful babycat!

Q's Daydream said...

Cute!! That dress is my fav.

Teresa said...

Such a cute post and I love your clever Cluedo title!

The Braided Bandit said...

Babycat is so precious. My two Himalayan kitties (Fluffy and Skittles!) I had growing up made quite the nice pillow too! Love your dress and it even looks great with your walls! Have a great day!

xo Hannah
thebraidedbandit.blogspot.com

esme and the laneway said...

‪Michelle‬ : she'd be a STAR! The paint is Cherokee by Solver, a kind of fluro flamingo. It's super bright!



‪cecylia‬ : one day! You must come round. Oh oh imagine if she and Theodore become friends???!!! x



‪Nebulainbloom‬ : she is super-fine! Our house is coming along, still a few bits that need work, as ever :)


‪Emma MyVintage‬ : thanks, and yes! She's 'dorable.



‪Q's Daydream‬ : it's a good one :) One of my best finds.



‪Teresa‬ : hehe thanks!



‪The Braided Bandit‬ : oooh Fluffy and Skittles!!! Cutee! Thanks :)

CareofNicole said...

Oh my such beautiful photos. I purchased your Covergirl foundation by the way. What an amazing find!

esme and the laneway said...

CareofNicole: I'm so glad you like the foundation, too – I love how blogs can share this kind of info! x

GracefullyVintage said...

So cute! Oh my gosh Babycat and her own blog? Wouldn't that be wonderful... Or her own instagram hehe x

HereIAm said...

I LOVE that cat!!!

Mrs Advocat said...

Oh the joys of self potraits! I find it very time consuming, especially when on my way to work and I guess that is why I rarely do outfits unless my Mr. is around.
Always react a bit when you say babycat because that is my Aussie's pet name for me ;)

Jessica Cangiano said...

What a charmingly fun post title and series of shots (Clue, it's known in North America, has always been my second favourite board game, topped only by Scrabble). You and Babycat both look so wonderfully cute!

♥ Jessica

Louise said...

Gorgeous dress! It's so pretty.

Hannah said...

Yeah you are too fricking adorable. You are making me need to have pastel hair, darn you xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...