Wednesday, 30 January 2013

blue blue and blue, and yellow-blue too

blue instagram jan13 j I've been on something of a bender for all things blue – a bluender, perhaps – and I realised it has been showing up in various ways, including on my Instagram. I thought I'd share what I've been up to lately in terms of all things blue. Actually, no, not all blue, I've had a fantastic few weeks so my mood is far from blue!

We'll start with my vintage faux bang hair style from the weekend. A few of you have asked for a tutorial and I actually have a pretty old one, from way back when – when I had black hair in fact – on my poor, neglected youtube channel, which is linked somewhere there on the left. I will, I will do some more videos, I just need to conquer The Fear first. I'm working on it. On the right we have that blue floral vintage dress and one of my summer favourites, the peachy stripy one, hanging to dry out of the harsh rays of the sun. blue instagram jan13 g Another, new summer favourite, my blue hydrangea dress. This is when I was wearing it, on two separate occasions. One for a good day in the city, the other when I took photos (on my iPhone! So glad to have good cameras again) of my summer makeup. blue instagram jan13 f This is said hydrangea dress, at home above my sofa. I like how we have two golden suns here, the one on the right from my savoury granola a few weeks ago, which I thought looked nice contrasting with the rusts and blues of my vintage skirt. blue instagram jan13 k A few new homey nesty things. I like the strong bright blue of the tin (from Holland) and the plant pot, a colour I wasn't too keen on for a while but have found a soft spot for again. I've always been drawn more towards the yellow-blues, especially if there is a touch of murk, like with these vases and the stool in the study. blue instagram jan13 e I love how blue looks with reds, pinks and oranges. Here are my collar nails (from a few posts back) against my 1950's frothy dress (which I will post about properly soon) and the bright pink tail of my tea thingy against a too-small blue cup. I like great big mugs of tea – in fact, I'd like something heading towards a tankard! And finally, here I am from last Friday, when I popped into the city and was treated to tea (in dainty but decent sized cups) and cake, wearing another summer favourite, my blue and green vintage dress – more on this day soon. Follow me, I'm @laneway_esme – see you there! blue instagram jan13 a

10 comments:

HereIAm said...

I love that hydrangea dress, too! :))

Jessica Cangiano said...

I go on colour benders all the time, too! Last year I was on a big blue kick as well, then as autumn rolled around, my focus shifted to mustard yellow and the darker oranges such as pumpkin and rust. Lately I've been feeling all shades of green in a very big way (perhaps Pantone and I are on the wavelength?) - and not just because I'm starting to yearn for spring's verdant return. :)

♥ Jessica

Sleekit said...

Your hair is sooooo pretty!

Sleekit x

Iliska Dreams said...

It is interesting how you/I/we go through colour phases. I also tends to have different favourites depending on what colour hair I have.

http://iliska-dreams.blogspot.com.au/

Incendiary Blonde said...

I'm so curious - what are the ingredients in the savoury granola?

Carly said...

You look lovely! I adore the peach flower in your hair! xxx

Meg Eileen Carroll said...

Hey true blue! (oh that daggy song!) I love all the blue hues. I find it a colour that pops in my wardrobe quit e lot too, great for us pale (porcelain in your case) girls. And you asked about the macarons on instagram, turns out they were eaten up in a second at the aussi day party and I was quite proud of the feedback :D

Aurè said...

Thanks for sharing...Blue is a beautiful colour, I think that blue-turquoise is the Best...
by the way, so lovely Your vintege blue and green Dress...Cheers!
Greetings from Italy
<3

Circus Girl (Zoë) said...

Oh! Your hair just looks perfect sweetpea! =^..^= And those patterns make me drool! I just adore blue floral! :) Hope you are having a wonderful week! :) x

esme and the laneway said...

‪HereIAm‬ : it's a good'un! I'll probably break my winter plans and wear it when it's cold, too ;p



‪Jessica Cangiano‬ haha between Pantone and spring green sounds perfect! :D Would it be the emerald though??? :D x



‪Sleekit‬ : merci boo coo! x



‪Iliska Dreams‬ : that makes perfect sense!



‪Incendiary Blonde‬ : they didn't go into more detail than "ancient grains" ..! Which is a shame (and a bit pretentious?) but it was a kind of crunchy, warm savoury cereal with a warmish but raw egg yolk on top. The egg yolk sounds a bit gross now I've written it but it was nice :)



‪Carly‬ : thanks :)



‪Meg Eileen Carroll‬ : I bet your macarons were excellent! :D And I love that daggy song haha. Also, remember the difference between "pale" and "porcelain" is all in the makeup, I promise! :D And I am "pasty" when bare faced, believe me ;p



‪Aurè‬ : pleasure x



‪Circus Girl (Zoë)‬: and you! x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...