Monday, 7 January 2013

new year day one

nyd boat house a Happy Monday! It is back to reality today, my holidays are over and it's time to get into 2013 proper. I am SO looking forward to this year. Here is my first day of this new year, when John and I played badminton sans net and sans rules (and mostly sans shoes, in fact, which, romantic a notion as that may be, is not exactly practical) down by the Fairfield Boathouse on Yarra river. It is really beautiful down there and we were blessed with gorgeously warm, not hot, sunny weather, and a shady spot of grass to bip-bop the shuttle cock back and forth, sit on our super soft stripy picnic blanket and do a lot of not too much at all, even less than the geese idly paddling along. We later rode our bikes to our friend's house for dinner (I was avec shoes by now) and it felt so good to have to wear a cardigan in the evenings – it feels like an enjoyable summer! Our friend has a new puppy called Geoffrey and he is a tiny, bouncy teddy bear. Our friend is also a brilliant cook, and we ate well, but mostly spent all our attention on the babydog. Riding home along almost empty streets in the moonlight was so good I didn't even mind that one of my pedal caps fell off and clanged through an intersection; why do bike things always fall off in interstions?! A few months ago it was an entire pedal which was more of a problem. Anyway. It was a wonderful start to the new year. I've got new resolutions to declare and keep, and results for last year's, too. Let's have a great 2013! badminton vintage skirt yellow flowers blue badminton racket geese geoffrey puppy

15 comments:

Vickie said...

Happy New Year Marianne, I hope it's a wonderful one :)

& Geoffrey is so adorable!

irene wibowo said...

i love the outfit! ;)Irene Wibowo

ourdailydress said...

That pupp is a bear! Fabulous. And sans rules is the only way to play badminton.

Helen Le Caplain said...

Lovely outfit! Looks and sounds like you had a great time - happy new year!

www.mancunianvintage.com

shipshapeandbristolfashion said...

Happy New Year - both puppy and skirt are delightful! x

Zuu said...

Happy new year!
And I must say I fall in love with your amazing pictures! <3

Carolyn said...

Oh my that skirt is to die for!

Jo - Lost in the Haze said...

Happy new year Marianne! <3 I am so in love with your dress! As usual, you look exceptionally lovely!

x
Lost in the Haze: a Fashion Photography Blog

Tors (Girl meets Wolf) said...

Happy New Year! Sounds like a fab time was had, not surprised the puppy took all the attention, he's gorgeous!

LandGirl1980 said...

Happy New Year x

Jessica Cangiano said...

Badminton is my all-time favourite backyard sports (and one of my favourite sports in general). I'm not a very competitive person, so I've always preferred to just play for fun, often trying to see how many times my partner and I can hit the birdie back and forth. That would be rather tricky at the moment here though, as we're up to our knees in snow (literally) already and move is tumbling down right this very moment as I type this.

Happiest New Year's wishes and all the very best to you and your loved ones in 2013!!!

♥ Jessica

BusiChic said...

Happy New Year gorgeous to you and John!

LOVE that skirt + hearing of your gorgeous start to the New Year. Fairfield Boathouse is super cute, I like hiring one of their paddle boats and having a paddle up and down the river. Divine.

*waves* at babydog - TOO cute! x

Jessica said...

What a beautiful skirt! It's refreshing to see summer pictures- we're in the depths of winter here!

You've received an award- newfangledvintage.blogspot.com

Is It Secret, Is It Safe said...

Looks like an amazing New Year! That skirt is to die for!

-Katie

Picturetalk321 said...

A lovely uplifting post. I was amused by the pedal clanging off... but ride safely!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...