Tuesday, 15 January 2013

resolutions: how I did with the old ones and plans for the new ones

glitter shoes platforms Last year I made some New Year resolutions. Nice and light hearted, they were to:

+ wear glittery shoes

+ go dancing

+ make a circle skirt

+ wear more hats, or, rather, wear hats more often

And how have I done?

Go dancing? Nope. Not even once. Terrible, really, but things kept getting in the way. Make a circle skirt? No, but I did learn something: I don't want to make a circle skirt. I just don't enjoy sewing. Making the usual repairs you have to make with wearing vintage is plenty for me.

The good news is that I did manage to complete the other two, and actually enjoy them. Now, hats didn't get worn quite as much as I had originally hoped but it did happen, and I even got some more to add to my growing collection. They are more of a winter thing for me, though, and I look forward to getting them out in a few months.

But the best success? The glittery shoes! I have resisted the Miu Miu knock offs – even when on sale – and haven't found the originals in my size, but I have twinkle-toed around Melbourne since spring in these silver glittery platforms. For this one: tick!

So, plans for the new year?

+ get out more – well, there's no harm in being more sociable. Last year was a big one and it hurled a lot of difficult things my way. One in particular turned out to be an amazing, in fact life changing, experience and I'm grateful for it. Like most huge things, though, it wasn't easy, and I often collapsed on the couch at the end of the day too exhausted to do much in the evening. This year is quite different.

+ wear those hats more often – well, if something is good, why stop?


ravenlocks said...

I like that you revisited your resolutions from last year :) All of your resolutions seem so fun...I'm used to seeing the same ol' boring ones.

And those shoes are so cute!



Mrs Advocat said...

Whether miu miu or not those are still great shoes! and I love your new years resolutions! so much more fun than all the serious one about losing weight and getting fit!

xStroutx said...

Now those are some good, achievable resolutions! And those shoes are... so so very good

Meg Eileen Carroll said...

Oh I remember that post from the start of last year because I was in the middle of sewing a circle skirt. It was sort of a resolution for me too. However, I haven't made any since the 2 I made in January, lost a bit of steam it seems. Anyway... getting out more is one for me too. It's my final year of school and I just want to experience life! :D

Helen Le Caplain said...

Those glittery shoes are gorgeous - no wonder that was a NY resolution you definitely stuck to!

Funny you should mention dancing, because that's on my NY list for 2013 - so far I've managed to fit in three classes (not bad eh?!)but so far the others have fallen by the wayside... not for want of trying, there just aren't enough hours in the day!

Look forward to seeing those hats!


Gaby - Hopeless Lingerie said...

I swear we have a total shoe synergy of some kind!!! I absolutely love these.

Teresa said...

I love your resolutions. They're fun and achievable!

I never usually make them myself but I am planning and I guess that's something! :)

Teresa said...

I love your resolutions. They're fun and achievable!

I never usually make them myself but I am planning and I guess that's something! :)

esme and the laneway said...

‪ravenlocks‬ : yep, got to make sure I actually do them! Or not do them ;)

‪Mrs Advocat‬ thanks – they're topshop but they are SO comfortable and I loves them. Oh, boring serious and ultimately doomed to fail ones about getting fit and weight loss... too depressing. Important things like that should be a part of living well, I think ;)

‪xStroutx‬ : thanks! Yep, nice and achievable, and pleasant, too. Hats make life better!

‪Meg Eileen Carroll‬ well you did two which I think is definitely a success! Gosh I feel very old now, you're so young!

‪Helen Le Caplain‬ : three classes is three more than I managed, so a big well done! :D Did you enjoy them?

‪Gaby - Hopeless Lingerie‬ : you must be right, I want ALL of your shoes – you have my all time favourite collection!

‪Teresa‬ : I think new years resolution can be overrated. Fun things are just, well, fun, and important things should happen all year. What are you planning? :)

Jessica Cangiano said...

I think it's awesome to make some fun resolutions at least for certain years. I did so in 2012, too, and am happy to say, I was able to accomplish (at least to a certain degree) all of them. This year I opted not to focus on specific resolutions so much, instead I selected a short list of adjectives that I hope I'm able to apply to my life and my actions often throughout 2013.

♥ Jessica

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...