Thursday, 10 January 2013

vintage blue hydrangea print dress and summer mornings in the city

vintage hydrangea dress a This is what I wore today. My new to me vintage dress with a hydrangea print in blues, my 1950s gold beaded cardigan and blue and white ankle strap platforms from topshop a couple of years ago. I've been looking for a dress like this for as long as I can remember and at last I found it! On etsy, just like most of my vintage clothes. It's in the softest cotton pique and it is a firm favourite already. Now, to find one with pink florals..!

vintage hydrangea dress b I was a bit worried for a while that I wouldn't find anything to actually match these shoes. Blue can be tricky, as I had to find a more yellow-blue shade, but I worked very hard at it and have found them to be quite versatile. Hooray, yes? The nail varnish is my favourite colour at the moment, coral, it's called Bright Now and it's from Sportsgirl. My lipstick is my favourite blue-based pink, MAC's Girl About Town, and I wear it with an Illamasqua liner called Titivate. vintage hydrangea dress c This morning I headed in to the city for a meeting, had a wonder through the perfume department (I am looking for a new scent and as I love perfume I like to take my time) and then bought some eye and face creams before meeting up with John for lunch. I also bought a coffee grinder, which is long overdue – I've been grinding up my coffee beans (I LOVE that freshly ground coffee bean smell) (it's almost as good as that first sip of coffee) with a pestle and mortar every morning which might be good for my stock standard new year get-fit-get-toned goals but is not quite so good for the taste of my espresso. Now I can just vrrrroooom for a few seconds rather than spend minutes pounding away in the kitchen so I'm sure my neighbours will be pleased too. Smiles all round!

23 comments:

Stefanie said...

You look beautiful. I was just thinking as I saw those shoes with that dress that they look like they were made for each other.

I too have been looking for a dress with florals on the skirt for what feels like ages and I let one slip by last year...:( Oh well I know there is more vintage out there to hunt for and boy oh boy it sure is fun to hunt for that perfect piece.

X Stefanie

Emelie said...

Its so wonderful to se all of your colourful, warm and summery pictures when im sitting in a grey sweden and freezes my ass off! :)

xx

esme and the laneway said...

Stefanie: oh, i know the pain of letting one pass by too well! But as you say, the hunt will be fun and you will find it :D

Emelie: such an extreme difference! When it is 41C tomorrow I will sit here and look at beautiful snowy Sweden :)

Jo - Lost in the Haze said...

Ooh, your dress is such a beauty! <3 I hope you are able to keep cool somehow! Feeling so much love for everyone in Australia right now - such awful temperatures!

x
Lost in the Haze: a Fashion Photography Blog

Ana said...

Oh wow! That dress is so cute! You look wonderful. I'm in the same boat as Emelie in that i love looking at your summery pics but it's not even snowing in England it's just cold and wet boo. i'm glad that you finally got a dream piece of vintage loveliness in your wardrobe
Ana
x

alittlevintagestory said...

Wow, that dress is such a great find! It was made to go with those shoes.
xx Fran

Elif said...

Lovely dress & shoes! They match together so well. Also, seening that its all sunny in the photographs I'm kind of jealous as we have had snow for the past couple of days! :(

http://chamomiledealer.blogspot.com/

Vickie said...

gorgeous dress & it matches your shoes perfectly :)

Jacinta said...

I love coffee grinders and the smell! But as you know I only drink tea. Im a bit strange like that. You look gorgeous!

Anna - Nie jestem Modna said...

pretty look, nice shoes

irene wibowo said...

i love the dress on you! that's so pretty! ;)Irene Wibowo

irene wibowo said...

i love the dress on you! that's so pretty! ;)Irene Wibowo

Becky said...

How do you always have such lovely dresses?

Becky
xx

Eccentric Owl said...

So pretty! I love those shoes; they are such a beautiful color!

shipshapeandbristolfashion said...

You look so lovely and summery (yes, I will be saying that until April, at least!) and the shoes complement the colour of the hydrangeas perfectly : )

ourdailydress said...

That is such a great dress, I love a hydranga print and they are so hard to find.

Teresa said...

Beautiful dress and the hydrangeas are in bloom at the moment so it's even more perfect!

esme and the laneway said...

Elif : I'm pretty chuffed with the matching. I so miss snow, maybe you could go out and make a snow ball for me!

Vickie : I see this being worn a lot in the next few months.

Jacinta : thanks! Not weird about the coffee at all, lots of my friends don't drink it :)

Anna - Nie jestem Modna .: thank you

irene wibowo: thanks!

irene wibowo said...

Becky: thanks!

ourdailydress : I know, more hyfrangea prints ovr here, please!

Teresa : so true, but mine are looking a bit sorry ;)

Jemima Granny Chic Gal said...

Gosh I have been out of the blogosphere a while, I have come back to find you no longer have dark hair! Beautiful dress. I am jealous of all that sunshine too.

Melanie said...

Very nice dress!

Love xx
Melanie ~ www.mlncrd.com

Vicky Wilson said...

Those shes are gorgeous and match that dress just perfectly. I have bought shoes in unsual colours in the past and find that eventually I add things to my wardrobe that I can co-ordinate them with, patience is key :-)

Jessica Cangiano said...

This is such a fantastically pretty dress, and one that really begs the question, why don't we see more hydrangeas represented on clothing these days (or really, at any point throughout time). You're just as sweetly pretty in your vintage summer frock as can be!

♥ Jessica

Meg Eileen Carroll said...

How you come across all these wonderful floral 50s dresses is beyond me. And its uncanny how well they match the shoes. MAC has just recently come to Geelong, which is necessarily a good thing because now I'm tempted to get the whole range of lipsticks. I have managed thus far to limit myself to one, very controlled I should say. :D

http://meggymoo0.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...