Wednesday, 16 January 2013

vintage hats and sticking to those plans

peach feather vintage hat a Seeing as one of my new year's resolutions is to wear more hats, I feel very lucky to have three more to don when the temperature falls. Darling Ashley of Poppycock! Vintage Hat Shop sent me these beauties. I especially love the feather ones. I can just imagine wearing them in the evening, on softly curled red hair.

peach feather vintage hat b You may remember I posted one in my Instagram a few weeks ago, but all the hat photos were among the 150 or so photos that got wiped for some strange reason when I was downloading them from my phone. I'm REALLY looking forward to getting my camera back! black feather vintage hat a black feather vintage hat b Actually, I can see myself wearing this on a cold winter morning, wrapped up in my grey vintage coat and a soft scarf, walking to a cafe for a hot chocolate and breathing out clouds on the way there. green blue wool vintage hat a green blue wool vintage hat b green blue wool vintage hat d I love this one, too – the colour is so good! With a quick steam to get it back in tip top shape it will be fun to find things to coordinate it with. Corals, and peaches, maybe. And rusty browns in Autumn. I think this last picture makes it look best, with the angle. Who doesn't love a jaunty tilt? green blue wool vintage hat c

15 comments:

meredith said...

Your hair color is lovely! What beautiful vintage hats too. I love the last one! So sweet.

Melissa Gaggiano said...

I am loving the pink.

alabee said...

you are so lovely, the combination of the color of your hair and those hats is just divine.

AhkaVintage said...

I love the black one! It's my favourite - it really gets set off well with your candy hair!
www.AhkaVintage.com

ourdailydress said...

My goodness! How do you get the purple in your hair so nice? Mine is pretty for three days than fades to some kind of foul mould colour.

xStroutx said...

These are SO beautiful! I'm kinda obsessed with pretty hats...

Vickie said...

gorgeous, I love hats too :)
the feathery ones are especially lovely

Jessica Cangiano said...

What enchantingly lovely toppers! I'm a massive fan of vintage feather hats and fascinators, too, and just won one a couple of days ago on eBay featuring soft pink feathers that looks (though I'd can't for sure until I hold the hat in person, and the seller didn't specify) almost as though they could be very pale flamingo feathers.

♥ Jessica

7cakes said...

What lovely little hats! I wish so badly that I could pull off wearing vintage hats, because I have a cute, black, almost Audrey Hepburn, hat. But I have no idea how to wear it :( They're soooo cute on you, though!

agastronomescloset.wordpress.com

Teresa said...

Very pretty hats!

Becky said...

Your hats are gorgeous! I always look so bad in hats haha!

Becky
xx

Summer Flies said...

I love your hair colour! I read a book years ago called "The Dud Avocado" about a girl who dyes her hair pink and goes to live in Paris after graduating from college. I loved it and your hair reminds me of this book!

GracefullyVintage said...

Those hats are gorgeous! She sells the most beautiful and unique vintage hats! The last one looks so lovely with your hair and pink dress! I would love to start wearing vintage hats.

The Cookie Button said...

Amazing hats ^_^
You suit them so much <3

Katy said...

Fabulous hats! I'm a hat lover, and these are lovely!

Katy
xox

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...