Saturday, 9 February 2013

four breakfasts, five coffees

bluebird breakfast c I love the weekend. Sleeping in a bit, going to one of Melbourne's great cafes for a late breakfast, maybe with some friends. Especially on Saturday's, at least for me. It is a bit of a ritual and I look forward to it every time.

This morning I am doing something a little different: I was up early and I'm actually posting this from an huuuuuge warehouse studio that I want to drag my bed into and live in but that's another story.

Now, to get our weekends started (you Friday nighter's right now, you have it still to look forward to!) here is our breakfast out from last Sunday at Blue Bird Cafe in Collingwood. Two friends, four breakfasts, five coffees and a fresh juice. And, just to prove that I don't only eat avocados and poached eggs or muesli all of the time (just 99% of the time) (99.8% maybe) I had the banana bread, toasted, with a mountain of raspberries, peaked with soft yogurt and an avalanche of pistachios. Not for every day, for sure, but it was soooo delicious. I managed half of it but I gave it a good go! bluebird breakfast b bluebird breakfast a bluebird breakfast d bluebird breakfast e

13 comments:

Shell KittyAndBuck said...

Ah, Melbourne breakfasts are the best! That banana bread looks divine, I don't know how anyone could eat all of it though?!
x

Vickie said...

breakfast out is such a lovely way to spend a weekend morning & your breakfast looks delicious!

copescuriosities said...

The food looks AMAZING! Will have to give Blue Bird Cafe a go x

Jessica Cangiano said...

Oh my stars, does your breakfast look tongue-dazzlingly amazing! Pistachios for breakfast are always, always a very good thing in my books.


Have a marvelous weekend, dear gal,
♥ Jessica

Kathryn said...

oh wow that sounds amazing! I've never seen banana bread offered like that but I'm going to have to give it a try now as it looks, and sounds, so tasty! I hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Selina said...

Wonderful. Nix the banana and it's heaven on a plate

Anna-Nathalie said...

the second breakfast looks sooo delish! :D<3

BaronessVonVintage said...

Mmmmm, such glorious fooooood!

Cherry Ripe said...

How very bizarre that I should stumble onto your delightful blog today and read your favourable comments about Bluebird Espresso! My son works there (chef)!! I don't get down to Melb as much as I'd like to, but I had a delish salad there last Thursday!

Claire @ cinnamon & south said...

Having weekend brucnh is my favourite thing to do in Melbourne! I hadn't heard of Bluebird Espresso but I will definitely be trying it out soon now. Thanks for sharing xx

esme and the laneway said...

Shell KittyAndBuck : it is so good, I reckon I could finish it on a hungry day! ;D x

Vickie : isn't it the best! It as really nice, it's one of my favourite things of the week.

copescuriosities : I recommend them highly! x

Jessica Cangiano : they are day improvers :)


Kathryn : thank you :) It's really nice, all the zingy berries with the gentle bananas

Selina : nix the bread?! No way haha ;D I need a bit of substance!

Anna-Nathalie : I had egg envy hehe x

BaronessVonVintage : it was lovely, it makes cooking at home seem such a chore!

Cherry Ripe: oh wow, really? Everyone is so nice in there :)

Anonymous Claire @ cinnamon & south : they are awesome. Amazingly good smash, too. x

Incendiary Blonde said...

Oh my goodness, that banana bread is making me drool on my keyboard, it looks sooooooooo scrumptious!

luluintherunningshoes said...

I was so enthralled by that banana bread picture that I made a pancake version for Shrove Tuesday (with strawberries instead of raspberries... raspberries are crazy expensive at the moment!). Oh my god. Deliciousness. I'm going to have to make it properly (with banana bread) next time!

http://luluintherunningshoes.wordpress.com/2013/02/12/almond-ricotta-pancakes-with-strawberries-and-pistachio-crumble/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...