Friday, 22 February 2013

goodbye summer, hello autumn, hello vintage hats and gloves

autumn 13 pinterest Happy Friday! I am being steamed like a little dumpling today in Melbourne's crazy humidity but it's so good that summer is almost over. I am really excited about wearing some new – well, vintage, actually! – things in the coming weeks. Stockings, hats and gloves are high up on the list, although it might be more than a few weeks before I'll be wearing those! I am especially looking forward to donning my mid century wiggle dresses and some vintage hats. I just got a new orange one with a bow at the front. It goes so well with white blonde hair, just like in that photo at the bottom left there. Miss Jean H is again putting forward a very good argument for the platinum, too. And I love that advert for the galoshes. It reminds me of my cherry red knee high boots that I've had for years, which will look good with my powder blue fitted dress. All these images are from my pinterest, and you can find the sources there too. Now I have to go and deal with my regrowth (because it's been minutes since last time, ha) – it's a good job I've got Jean there to encourage me!

7 comments:

Christianna said...

These are some of the cutest pictures that I have ever seen! Perfect pick me up!

Jacinta said...

I am so excited about autumn! Cardigans, gloves and hats mostly.

Melissa Jaine said...

Couldn't agree more! I love autumn/winter clothes (and boots :).
MJ.xx

Emily Dahl said...

One thing I like about your blog (except for the obvious fact that you have impeccable style and seem like such a nice person) is that the weather in Australia is so different from Sweden's. There's snow outside my window right now, and I long for Spring SO MUCH, it's refreshing to read about something so completely opposite to that. Look forward to seeing your Fall oufits!

Jessica Cangiano said...

Autumn is my favourite time of the year bar none. I've decided that I'm going to live it vicariously though my friends in the southern hemisphere until it arrives on this end once more.

Your new hat sounds wonderful - orange and pale blonde are so strikingly lovely together.

♥ Jessica

Mrs Advocat said...

I love hats and gloves! am looking forward to the spring arriving so hats and gloves are more of a pretty, vintage accessory rather than a bulky neccessity in the cold as currently.

Have a great weekend!

Stefanie said...

My Favourite time of year has to be the very beginning of Autumn to the beginning of Winter. I like all the warm colours even though I don't think they suit me all that well, but they make me feel cozy. I love that burnt orange colour and those cat eye sunglasses are so cool, Oh I would love to own a pair of those. :)

Have a wonderful weekend. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...