Monday, 18 February 2013

great white spaces with bright pink dresses

pink vintage saturday l Hello and happy Monday here again! I hope you are having a nice weekend. It's been too hot for too long here and
both me and my laptop are constantly overheating. Luckily only one of us makes loud whirring fan noises or it could
be a bit embarrassing.

My weekend was pretty good in spite of the conditions. We spend yesterday (Sunday) cocooned with the air con and some classic films. I finally watched Funny Face and loved the first 10 minutes – Dovima! – and later we walked around the block and leaned into someone's garden so that their sprinkler misted on us as well as their roses and thought of the near, cooler, future when our lives can be taken off hold again. I also have a great story about timing, or fate, and lipstick from Saturday but I'll post that when it's all done!

pink vintage saturday k These are from last Saturday, when we went to a professional photographer friend's studio so she could try some lighting techniques and I could do my best Alfred Hitchcock impression while she set up. It's pretty good, no? There are, thankfully, some nice photos, too, and I look forward to seeing them soon.

pink vintage saturday m pink vintage saturday e pink vintage saturday f pink vintage saturday j I loved the studio, with its high ceilings, huge white rooms and occasional pops of colour. And how about that space-age Dior New Look skirt with the blue trim?

pink vintage saturday d Now I am going to edit more photos (as and when my laptop lets me) and then later meet up with a friend who moved interstate last year and is back in town for a quick visit. Personally I want to move internationally for the month of February and live somewhere with snow! Oh, just think of it, snow..! Happy, dreamy Monday to you! x

8 comments:

Two Happy Hearts said...

Ohh, looks like so much fun! And you look gorgeous ;)

I'll be leaving New Zealand tomorrow and heading back to Chicago....so I think I'm in for a bit of snow when I return!

Melissa Gaggiano said...

The Hitchcock expression looks cuter on you.

Jessica Cangiano said...

Absolutely gorgeous dress, bow, hair and pink lippy. This looks like a thoroughly fun day - can't wait to see more snaps from it.

♥ Jessica

Debs said...

Yes some snow would be good about now. Personally I'm sick of smelling like a baby possum by the end of the day. I'm sure the pregnant female possum that comes around at night wants to adopt me.
I'm intrigued about the lipstick story.........

Marie said...

Excellent Hitchcock impression, well done!!!

Vickie said...

your expression in that photo is awesome, lol

Is It Secret, Is It Safe said...

Looks like fun! I love the dress!

-Katie

Andi B. Goode said...

Hahaha, I love your Hitchcock impression. ;) Looks like it was fun :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...