Monday, 4 February 2013

keep on keeping blonde

blonde hair inspiration feb13 Happy Monday to you! I've got a lot on this week and I really need to fit in doing my regrowth. I've never left it so long and it's out of control! Here are some images from my Pinterest that I love at the moment and are inspiring me with the platinum dream, and the pastel green and the silver and the curled. I still love white blonde hair – it's my favourite colour of all time, even though the upkeep is a bit of a 'mare – so I hope to keep it a bit longer. Last time I did my roots I thought my hair was going to fall out (cue panic and plans to go red) but it turns all is well. Breaathhhhe oooouuut again..! Just wish me luck for when I get to doing my roots. Tonight I am going to meet a friend of my mother-in-law's. They met when they sailed to Australia back in the 1950's. It's amazing to have people in your life who looked after you during a difficult time and definitely something special to be cherished. I can't imagine being on a boat for six weeks and I look forward to hearing their stories. Now, I am going to have another coffee. Here's to a good start to a new week!

13 comments:

BaronessVonVintage said...

OOh, yes. I love that silver hair on Harlow!!

esme and the laneway said...

BaronessVonVintage : oh, me too! I know the image is enhanced but it's such a good colour! x

irene wibowo said...

wow beautiful photo! :)Irene Wibowo

Stefanie said...

Oh that light blue hair,dark eyebrows and red lips is gorgeous.

ravenlocks said...

Lindsay looks AMAZING with that hair. OMG. I wish I could pull that off. These hair styles are all so lovely :)

xo Azu

esme and the laneway said...

Stefanie : isn't it! LOVE light hair and dark eyebrows <3

ravenlocks: Lindsay as in Lohan? Which photo?! ;D I'm not too good at recognising modern stars haha!

Voilà! said...

Beautiful inspiration! I can see a little bit of you in all of these lovely ladies. :)

xoxo

~Meghan

art deco dame said...

I love platinum blond.Sadly it doesn't look very good on me but I admire it so.

Selina said...

Lohan is the one with mint green hair. I pinned it regardless of what I think of her :P

Jessica Cangiano said...

What a touchingly beautiful story of how your MIL and her friend have remained close for all these years. It must have been a harrowing experience indeed to spend so much time traversing the seas on a ship together en route to Australia.

♥ Jessica

Circus Girl (Zoë) said...

Swoon, swoon, swoooon! Oh! I have my hot sticks in my dark hair but you are making me itch for my old blonde do! I said to myself, never again! After the state it left my ends in! But it has been so many years! That second picture is just the perfect hair ♥
My mother travelled with my grandparents back and forth Australia and the UK when she was a wee one! Months on a boat! It fascinates me that they are all from Australia and came over here.... Their stories are dream like, not all lovely but all the same so interesting! Have a wonderful week and good luck with the hair kitten! You always look dapper so I am sure it will all go peachy! :) Zoë xxx

Emily Dahl said...

Oooh, I'm also pondering mint green hair right now. I think it might be a fun step when I'm over my now lilac hair. :)

Taygan said...

Gorgeous! I'm currently struggling to decide where to take my hair which is currently a very faded and patchy pink.. must remedy this asap!!
I'm thinking lilac but I also adore the vibrant teals that I've been seeing around..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...