Sunday, 10 February 2013

late summer flowers and silk scarf turbans

vintage hydrangeas c Here is that outfit post I mentioned on Friday. In the morning, I went for a brunch at Clifton Hill's Mixed Business with the beautiful Jacinta. How good is that turban, seriously! I think I might have to adopt that idea for the rest of summer. As you can see, I had a hair change; it was quite hot and I put my hair up the second I got home. vintage hydrangeas a I like my summer dresses to be a little big on me, in case I expand in the heat. What, you don't do that? I totally do that. jac turban b I love Jacinta's rolled fringe and that l'il kiss curl. jac fan bow And that yellow bow. mb eggs jac I'd lost my appetite – the heat – and drank loads and loads of water as well as my usual coffee. mb water mb yellow shade It was so nice to sit out in the shade in the late morning, before the temperature got up too much. me smile red Hi. vintage hydrangeas b I wore a dress I've shown you a few times before already. Vintage cotton pique with blue hydrangeas. Definitely a dress I won't want to give up wearing this winter, so we might be seeing it a good few times more. I've started getting a few tights for Autumn, and also got a pair of black wet look leggings... yes, I went there. It's ok, they're to be worn under skirts and dresses. I cannot tell you how much I LOVE them! I can't wait, really I can't, to start darkening things up after a sweet summer. But for a good few weeks more it'll be the simplicity of dress + shoes and being ready to go! vintage hydrangeas d

18 comments:

Foxburrow Vintage said...

It's so crazy - here in America we're right in the heart of the snowiest part of winter - We had a blizzard today! And you're in beautiful, beautiful summer dresses! It's like opposite worlds!

Adore that dress...it's a total winner! And lovely matching shoes, too.

Meg Eileen Carroll said...

if I was waitressing at that cafe I would feel so intimidated by you too oh-so fashionable gals. Just both so gorgeous, I do love that dress. Some thick tights for winter wear perhaps? :D

esme and the laneway said...

Foxburrow Vintage: Hope you guys are ok in the blizzard! I miss snow so much, it looks so beautiful, but then I don't have to live with it. I think 10C is cold these days..! x

Meg Eileen Carroll: thanks! Noooo we are both totally friendly and down to earth. It's a good point though; I know I've felt I've been a bit unapproachable-looking when all done up but it's just dresses and makeup! x

Jessica Cangiano said...

You both look so wonderfully pretty and summery. Thank you very much for the lovely introduction to Jacinta and her blog - adore her style here (that fan is such a wonderful touch!).


♥ Jessica

Andrea Marie said...

:O You are stunning.
That dress is gorgeous!

- Andrea Marie xx
frominsidemycloset.com

BaronessVonVintage said...

Absolutely breathtakingly gorgeous!!!

look see said...

That dress is just beautiful! :)

Brumby said...

I adore that dress! As I've mentioned to you on twitter, I'm obsessed with hydrangeas right now (I even have a wee short suit with hydrangea print, it has a candy pink back ground, rather divine!), I would have that dress in very high rotation in my wardrobe if it were mine!

Spoonful of Vintage said...

I love hydrangeas! I have so many growing in my garden and in jars all around my home. How perfect to have them on a dress! It's summer where I am too and I'm also loving the simplicity of not worrying about layers for warmth!
xoxo Amie @ Spoonful of Vintage

Selina said...

Uh oh. Wet look leggings? You are sliding into a deep hole with those...:P

April Sharman said...

It's a beautiful dress and you look so happy in it, dressing up nicely makes me feel good too! I am so in love with your shoes though and your friends kiss curl.

Charis said...

Your dress is gorgeous! Oh, the irony of reading how hot it is whilst here it is grey, cold & sleeting ;)

Llara G said...

Hair: amazing
Dress: amazing.
I have serious dress rail envy! And the place you're hanging out looks just gorgeous. Though I suspect that's partly your beautiful photography x

Bruna Araújo said...

Adorei o blog, muito lindo, amei tudo. Parabéns mesmo, vou sempre estar aqui (:

ontendency.blogspot.com

esme and the laneway said...





‪Jessica Cangiano‬ : my pleasure, I hope to share more Melbourne vintage bloggers/friends soon! x



‪Andrea Marie‬ : thanks! x





‪BaronessVonVintage‬ : thanks – I'm saying thanks on behalf on Jacinta too, hehe x



‪look see‬ : thank you, I am chuffed I got it!



‪Brumby‬ : that suit sounds amazing! x


‪Spoonful of Vintage‬ : nice! My hydrangea plant is not doing well in the heat :( at least the dress ones don't suffer! ;D




‪Selina‬ : haha I know, it's risky, but I think they'll work! I love them! :D


‪April Sharman‬ Thanks! Every day is a good dressing up day :)


‪Charis‬ I hope it brings a bit of warmth and sunshine, just like I get some cool relief from the heat when I read Northern Hem blogs! x


‪Llara G‬ haha thanks! No, it's really nice out there, even better when it's not so hot, though! :)



‪Bruna Araújo‬ : thanks! x

HeartsAndCrosses said...

That dress is sooo gorgeous

A little bit Unique

x

Oh and I'm running a giveaway, if you want to pop over and have a nosey! Giveaway here

Jacinta said...

What lovely comments! I hope Marianne and I can do more blog posts together. :)

Lynn Dylan said...

Marianne! You look stunning! And congrats on the Sharp project. Just took a look at that website! yay!!!

xoxo
Lynn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...