Friday, 15 February 2013

mid week glam, sequins, and feathers

honey birdette a On Wednesday night I headed into the city for an evening of feathers, sequins and vintage fun at the Honey Birdette store launch. I haven't done anything like this all summer so it was much appreciated! As I may have mentioned once (or 36) (136?) times, it's really revolting here, weather wise, at the moment. The late summer sun, no longer making the world bright and dazzingly fresh, has faded all the colours so that everything is a dull brown-grey, like a boring instagram pic. I kicked my way through the smog and braved the sticky journey to Melbourne Central for some bold colours and sparkle.

honey birdette e honey birdette d There was a strong burlesque feel which I liked. How good are those peacock feather headdresses?! I like the patterns on the seam stockings and the waist cinchers look nice – I want to try one and see if it works. It was a great test for me to take pics in such a crowd!

honey birdette f honey birdette b honey birdette c Then it was time to head home on the air conditioned train. When I get off at my platform it feels something like getting into the tub with someone else's old bath water. I drove the rest of the way home, but no, not in this car – how good would that be?! – and my hair only just started to demand a lie down at the back when I was home, post supermarket trawl, which is pretty good considering the circumstances! The schlep was worth it, though, for a touch of mid week glam!

green purple bows d green purple bows b green purple bows j


Marie @ Lemondrop Vintage said...

Amazing peacock feathers!

Marie @
Lemondrop ViNtAge

Jessica Cangiano said...

That looks like a splendid evening indeed! Adore your hair and that black choker, it's immensely lovely partnered with a vintage updo complete with black booms.

♥ Jessica

Jade D said...

Cant beat a bit of frills and feathers before friday lol.

Cheray Natalie... said...

this weather has been horrid - but it looks like it would have been well worth it!
those peacock feathers <3
Cheray x

xStroutx said...

That looks well worth braving the summer heat! Love the peacock feathers

Stefanie said...

Ahh that car is just amazing. I love older cars and that turquoise blue is so beautiful. I know older cars are huge and probably difficult to park compared to modern day cars, but the designs are lovely and the colours oh the colours are so fun.

The touch of soft purple in your hair with that dress is gorgeous. :) <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...