Sunday, 3 February 2013

my new vintage cardigan and sparkles

vintage cardigan pearl sparkles h vintage cardigan pearl sparkles c We've had some colder weather lately – I actually wore tights on Friday! – and it's had me thinking about cold weather clothing even more than usual. I recently got this vintage cardigan. I love vintage knitwear, its such beautiful quality wool and always a perfect fit.

vintage cardigan pearl sparkles b This beauty has pearls and sparkly bits in a pattern that reminds me of my forever-loved peter pan collars. It reminds me a lot of the bright, almost cyan blue one with the white beading I got last winter, in both the style and fit and in its feel. I wore the blue one with almost embarrassing regularity – but it was surprising just how much went well with it – so now I am very pleased to have a cream one to get into rotation and match with even more. I am sure you will be pleased with things being changed up too!

vintage cardigan pearl sparkles a Of course I don't keep it on a hanger, that was just for its portrait. It lives in my wardrobe's shelves, which I painted an ever-so-slightly-greeny azure-blue – close to the colour of that cardigan, come to think of it – that always makes me happy every time I look at it, and makes me think of the Mediterranean on a hot summer day, you know, just getting into my l'il yacht, as you do. My cardigan is happier there on the shelves with its colourful woolly friends. vintage cardigan pearl sparkles f vintage cardigan pearl sparkles e vintage cardigan pearl sparkles g vintage cardigan pearl sparkles d

23 comments:

Iliska Dreams said...

So pretty, such gorgeous bead work.

http://iliska-dreams.blogspot.com.au/

Two Happy Hearts said...

Such a beautiful cardigan! Oh my goodness...such a gem!

elle robson said...

It's so pretty! I'm always looking out for vintage clothes and vintage furniture for my room, you have beautiful taste! X

missfairchildscharmschool said...

Oh lovely - just lovely! I love vintage beaded cardigans, but rarely find them in my size (I have, shall we say, an ample bosom). I purchased my first one recently and I just love it so much! Can't wait to see your winter woollies make more of an appearance as Melbourne finally cools down.

HereIAm said...

That cardigan is to DIE for! I love it- it's just gorgeous. I adore vintage cardigans and have a few of mine own. My favorite has embroidered flowers on it and pearl buttons. I'll have to blog about it sometime. :)

irene wibowo said...

i love your sweater! :)Irene Wibowo

Meg Eileen Carroll said...

Oh just beautiful. And what's that blue tulle dress hiding behind it, don't think we've seen that one before. :D

Teresa said...

Beautiful cardigan! Kimberly knits are fantastic.

I'm really loving the cooler weather at the moment. I hope it continues and February doesn't get too hot like it usually does.

look see said...

So pretty :)

Becky said...

What a beautiful cardigan! I can't wait to see how you wear it.

Becky
xx

Andi B. Goode said...

The beading on that cardigan is to die for. Beautiful.
-Andi x

lauren, curious constellation said...

I managed to get a vintage cardigan with sparkles the other day that looks similar to yours and since the woman didn't know what she was selling I got it at a bargain price. So happy!

let's make a daisy chain said...

What a gorgeous cardigan! So delicate!

Hannah said...

Aah this is perfection in a cardigan, your nails look amazing x

Elisabeth said...

It's beautiful!

Nancy Wilde said...

Richly beaded treasure! One of the most precious, beautiful cardigan I've ever seen *envy*

nancywilde.blogspot.com

esme and the laneway said...

‪Iliska Dreams‬ : I really love that vintage bead work!



‪Two Happy Hearts‬ : thanks, I knew I had to have it with the collar beading pattern :)


‪elle robson‬ : thanks – good luck with your search! :D


‪missfairchildscharmschool‬ : yes getting the size right can be so hard! I often find they are too long from the shoulder to my waist. But when they fit, they're awesome!



‪HereIAm‬ : yes, that sounds really pretty! x


‪irene wibowo‬ : thanks!



‪Meg Eileen Carroll‬ : aha yes, that is something I wore once to my friends' wedding and I haven't posted yet but I can now (their wedding pictures are back) ! x



‪Teresa‬ : I hadn't heard of Kimberly before (I'm no labels expert, but am learning!) and the quality seems sooo good! Oh and I am LOVING this cooler weather, although yesterday's hot patch in the middle of the day was annoying! ;D I wish we could skip Feb, weather wise :)



‪look see‬ : thanks x



‪Becky‬ : I can't wait to wear it too – with pencil skirts when it gets properly cool :)



‪Andi B. Goode‬ : thanks :)



‪lauren, curious constellation‬ : yay! Love a bargain! :D



‪let's make a daisy chain‬ : thanks! The knit is thankfully quite hardy, too, so it should last me a good while :D



‪Hannah‬ : thanks – I'm suddenly a bit obsessed with nails, gawd knows why..! ;D



‪Elisabeth‬ : thanks! x



‪Nancy Wilde‬ : thanks! They can be hard to find but they are out there! x

Stefanie said...

I love vintage cardigans, I am slowly growing my collection but get quickly distracted by pretty dresses. Although I may buy a cardigan from Topshop its look like it is vintage, so pretty. :)

art deco dame said...

The beadwork is beautiful!

Jardine said...

goodness your nails are incredible!

Mrs Advocat said...

It's beautiful! I find it so hard to find good vintage cardigans as they get worn quite easily so its a great find!

Jessica Cangiano said...

How very, wonderfully pretty. I love embellished cardigans like this that bring their own jewelry, so to speak, to any ensemble. Can't wait to see how you style this gem of a cardigan.

♥ Jessica

Circus Girl (Zoë) said...

Oh no! It is too pretty! My eyes! :D I have to go but I could be lost in your blog for ever sweetpea, you have such braw taste! :) Zoë x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...