Wednesday, 27 February 2013

orange vintage sundresses and trying to open my eyes in the sunshine

orange saturday c Here is what I was wearing last Saturday, another extremely hot and sunny day. My vintage early 1960s orange yellow and green dress, my Gorman polka dot platform shoes, two vintage scarves in my hair and an prange stripy parasol. I have been carrying my parasol as much as I can, but I have to get used to not having both hands free!

orange saturday e Emily commented how different it is here to snowy Sweden (and ohhhh Sweden in its snowy glory looks like heaven, heaven, I tell you!) so I wanted to try and show a bit more of what it feels like here... by taking my sun glasses off in the middle of the day! Yep. Even under a tree in its shade, and then shaded more by a parasol, I can't open my eyes. It's so bright! Here I am trying to look sort of normal. orange saturday a orange saturday h orange saturday b orange saturday d So, happy hump day! For those of you who haven't heard this before, hump day is Australian for Wednesday. It means we are over the hump that is the mid week and it's down hill coasting to the weekend from here! Kisses! orange saturday f

15 comments:

April Sharman said...

It's 50 minutes to go until it's hump day in England and I can't wait, I have a busy few days ahead but I do miss the sun, I am sure it's a fact that sunshine makes us happy!

Kristina said...

happy hump day! love it! never heard this expression before, but it makes so much sense :)
kristina x

Amia said...

Love that dress, the orange is fantastic!
Amia-http://teapotsandbelles.blogspot.com/

Jamie Rose said...

You look so gorgeous and summery in this outfit! I love your sunglasses so much. I definitely understand the necessity of sunglasses when it's bright like that - or pretty much most days. We both have really light eyes and that makes them so sensitive to the sun. Good thing there are so many fashionable sunglasses out there.
Anyway I love this and your outfit actually makes me excited for the warmer weather to come.

norafinds said...

Another gorgeous outfit! I love the idea of wearing two headscarves.. imma try it and instagram you when that happens :)

the weather in sydney has been awful and moody and meh i'd trade it for some sunny goodness!

Nora
NoraFinds

Mrs Advocat said...

Love hump day! here in Sweden we call it 2little Saturday" which have the same meaning.
You seem to have picked up a lot of readers from Sweden!

Solrun said...

I'm almost glad the sun isn't that bright here in Norway, but just almost.. :)Like in Sweden it's quite the opposite here at the moment. I'm having winter vacation this week, which for the most consists of cross country skiing in bright sunlight (well, as bright as it get in Norway in February). Check out the pictures here:
http://www.thishouseblog.wordpress.com

Emily Dahl said...

Oh, thank you for the link! Trying to feel sorry for you (promise!) but that sun looks like heaven to me. ;)

Happy hump day from the cold Swedish winter

Comrade Von Pussycat said...

Looking at these photos make me want summer to come soooo badly! The vivid orange floral dress looks beautiful on you, and I LOVE your wedges!

Jessica Cangiano said...

The punchy, citrusy hues of yur lovely dress are the perfect compliment to such blazingly bright summer sunshine. I can fully relate to the squinting. My corner of Canada is amongst the sunniest in the country during the summer - come photo taking time, you can't help but try and seek out a little shade, when possible.

♥ Jessica

Natasha De Vil said...

Oh how your dress makes me wish it were summer right now. Love the floral pattern,I really need to add some more colour to my wardrobe!

Immortality Passion said...

I adore your dress ;). I want sun :)

Amanda Louise said...

This outfit is so fun! It's pretty gloomy where I am, and this outfit just radiates sunshine. I think I'm getting some Vitamin B just from looking at it!

WendyBee said...

I love a sunny day, but so bright that I'm squinting even with sunglasses is a bit much. Yesterday it was so bright and sunny and with snow everywhere, I was squinting in the sunnier rooms of my house!

Kali Hunter said...

You're so beautiful.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...