Saturday, 23 February 2013

summer food and plans for crustaceans

tomato quinoa Summer food from the last week. By February I veer from being very, very hungry to not hungry at all. And beyond wanting the usual summer fare – salads and fruit and seafood – I get cravings for some good winter-friendly stodge, too. No, I don't know why, either..! I think that for the next few weeks I should eat some colourful crustaceans, and learn to wrestle with their clicky shell bodies and not have 'mares about them clattering around on the floor and trying to nip my toes. Do you have any favourite recipes for them? Please, do tell me! I must learn to do this! bagel egg a sk sandwich fruit muesli a

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Your food always looks so delightful! In fact after seeing all your muesli combos, I've become a bit of a breakfast convert! But I agree, Feb leads me into craving warm, heartening winter meals and this rainy Sydney weather only adds to it! x

Anna-Nathalie said...

Mmh yummy :D

Missy Piggy said...

I LOVE seafood...love it! The best and most easy recipe I found last year was for Singapore Chilli Prawns...it takes about 10 minutes to cook...I'm all about the super easy. Here is the link - http://ironchefshellie.com/2012/02/07/singapore-chilli-prawns/ (ps buy frozen prawns from the freezers...legs all removed so no chance of them coming back to life to bite you on the toes).

lingerieandlibraries said...

I think the best way to eat shellfish is plain, no recipe. Enjoy the taste as is. I'm from Long Island, NY and I'm a lobsterholic.

esme and the laneway said...

Sarah: yay! Isn't it nice staying in from the rain and eating (haha my brain is fried, that's the best I an do!) – it's so enjoyable! I can't wait to stay home out of the cold!

Anna-Nathalie: yip! I'm about to eat dinner now and I'm HUNGRY

Missy Piggy: thanks SO much for this! Haha excellent, I wouldn't even know how to prepare fresh prawns! x

lingerieandlibraries : that's how I feel about oysters so I'm going to take this as true :) Lobsters look impressive and I've had it before and liked it, so... lobster adventures to come!


Jessica Cangiano said...

There's much to be said in favour of partnering lobster with scrabbled eggs, tucking inside homemade ravioli, and swirling generous hunks of through a buttery risotto.

♥ Jessica

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...