Tuesday, 19 February 2013

up-dos, go-tos, vintage scarves and brooches for hair-dos
(bright blue and yellow this time)

blue yellow scarf brooch b I think that wherever we are, this time of year can be a bit rubbish: the season, too hot or too cold, is just dragging on and on, it's very much back-to-the-routine time and there are no holidays on the horizon. For me, not being a summer person – or at least, not an extreme heat crazy ridiculous endlessly HOT summer person – pleasantly warm, carefree, dancing sunshine and warm evenings sounds quite nice, actually, I'd give being that kind of summer person a go – I am at my worst in February. I'm just. so. over. it.

blue yellow scarf brooch d blue yellow scarf brooch e blue yellow scarf brooch c So, simple pleasures where they can be found. Part of being bored of the season by now also means being tired of my summer wardrobe. It had felt acceptably filled last November. I then added to it over Christmas, but now it's feeling... familiar. Same same. Same "oh, that one again, then," every morning.

And so now my new, teeny tiny little joy is matching hair scarfs (and accessories – I found a few fabric belts that been missing for a bit, perhaps they were in hiding from the heat, or my bad mood) to match. This blue and yellow scarf was a gift from Candice and I wore it on Saturday with my early 1960's dress (which needs a post of its own) and a vintage enamel brooch in my hair. Up-dos are my go-tos at the moment and embellishing them is proving to be rather enjoyable. Yep. Simple pleasures. Take 'em where you can. blue yellow scarf brooch a

20 comments:

Emma MyVintage said...

This looks absolutely gorgeous. I have been a fan of vintage brooches in hair for a long time, and you have done it so well! It's coming toward the end of winter here in the UK and I am also not a summer person, but I have it all to come! Em x

beate grigutsch said...

brilliant pictures!
this colors, so beautiful.
here we have "high winter" and i enjoy it very much.
i´m a snowgirl :-)
(can i say girl at 44?)
http://bahnwaerterhaeuschen.blogspot.de/

Loulou said...

One of the fun part of blog reading is to see how the world goes 'round! I think it's interesting that you are being bothered by the heat, while I am being bothered by the snow and cold. Would be neat to trade for a few days! Given the heat though, you do look fresh and cool indeed.

Loulou
www.loulou.to

Mrs Advocat said...

But that is what we feel about this never-ending winter in Northern Europe! I was hoping for spring soon but the snow just keeps falling here in Scandinavia...

Ashley Brewer said...

You look amazing! I love the hair scarf and the dress!

Megan Colwell said...

You are simply stunning, my dear. I cannot wait until spring to wear dresses :)

nauticalowl.blogspot.com

Erin said...

You are stunning!! xx

http://www.missstylemonster.blogspot.com

Rosalinda Tjioe said...

So pretty! Love the up do xx

http://rosalindatj.blogspot.com

Glamourologist said...

That lipstick colour is amazing on you. Really goes with the colours you are wearing.

Chloe said...

You always take such wonderful pictures!

Hannah said...

Well you certainly look gorgeous even if you are a bit bored of little dresses. How's about a playsuit or shorts, the last shot is beautiful xxx

art deco dame said...

I'm so so ready for it to be spring.I don't do well in heat so I'm not VERY fond of summer but I do know I don't want to see snow and grey again for awhile.I love seeing all the colors in your outfit.

animalorchestra said...

The duck egg blue of the enamel brooch with that glorious red lipstick...heaven!

bon. said...

that dress is wonderful! my favourite out of the many you have worn on this blog :) looks so pretty can't wait to see another post on it.

www.bowiebowie.com

esme and the laneway said...

‪Emma MyVintage‬ : thanks! yes, brooches should be allowed to travel from the shoulder of our dresses! :D Just think, the UK summer will be short and mild..! ;D I'm not gloating, believe me, I miss it. x



‪beate grigutsch‬ : you can absolutely say that! kisses! :D



‪Loulou‬ : it's because all my heat-grossness is well hidden ;P I wilted completely on Sunday!



‪Mrs Advocat‬ : it's like we all need something to liven up February to distract from dragging seasons! x



‪Ashley Brewer‬ : thank you! x



‪Megan Colwell‬ : I can reelate to that :) and thank you! x


‪Erin‬ : kisses! mwah!



‪Rosalinda Tjioe‬ : thanks!



‪Glamourologist‬ : thanks! A mix of orange and pink-red :)



‪Chloe‬ : I can't take credit for these though, someone else pressed the button! :D



‪Hannah‬ : I do have some shorts but they get wrinky, but something to think about for sure :)



‪art deco dame‬ : I think we should all get to enjoy a nice, mild, consistent season for a bit... if only! :D x



‪animalorchestra‬ : thank you! I enjoyed having a way of making colour combos again :)



‪bon.‬ : thanks! I love the colours but it has some draw backs, I'll post about it soon! x

Missy Piggy said...

We were in Melbourne over the weekend and it was beyond GROSS! I was cross & crabby the whole time, esp as it was too hot to even consider trying on more summer dresses.

esme and the laneway said...

Missy Piggy: ugh it was so completely gross! Totally understand cross and crabby-ness, I was Grumpy Cat all day Sunday! ;D

Hopefully Smashing said...

I feel the same way about February in Canada. I am so over the winter usually by this point. Luckily it hasn't been too col, but it is starting to get rainy and gross. You can't win I guess.

Jessica Cangiano said...

So completely true about this time of the year seeming to drag on and on and on, no matter what hemisphere one finds themselves in. I love many elements of winter, but I'll admit, my eyes rolled just a tad when we woke up to a fresh snow fall (again) this morning. It's been fun, winter, but why don't you shimmy over and let spring have a go again? :)

♥ Jessica

Natasha said...

Oh my gosh, I'm so ready for winter. I want to be able to dress up my clothes with some layering and not overheat. I'm really bored with only wearing one or two things at a time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...