Friday, 1 February 2013

vintage in the city, brown paper and string, old cage lifts and some fine tea

hola Last Friday I skipped into the city to meet up with Iolanthe, Sabina and Kyra in the gorgeous Nicholas Building. I love that place, and one day I want my own desk there. It's a bit of a dream, really, and dreams are good to have, right? (Also, these photos are all from the Samsung Galaxy I reviewed a few posts ago. I do use it now as well as my Nikon; it's SO much lighter and I have to get back my match-fitness for carrying my Nikon around!)

iolanthe_sabina Beautiful Iolanthe and Sabina. blue tiles It's another one of Melbourne's amazing older buildings, and it still has cage lifts, but I took the beautifully tiled stairs up to the fourth floor.

kyrapybus Beautiful Kyra. swanstontrees socieTea socieTeabalcony We enjoyed some treats from the Werribee Mansion's SocieTea pop-up which beautifully brightened up a rather grey day. We took our tea on the balcony and were fanfared by a marching band – how did they know we'd be there?! – and enjoyed the view. It looks so lush from up here!

swanstonmarchingband We then had a look at some of the gorgeous things there, including perfect shoes from Sole Devotion (those brogues!), a new collection from Ghost and Lola (each piece is based on an ancient myth; I love things that have a story with them) and a light-box-duluxe (love that gold frame!) of bijoux from Metal Couture, including this great ring (I think – I'm not completely sure, but I think! – that's a sapphire!) with the compartment you lock with the attached key. ghostandlola soledevotion metalcouture constanceroe I wish I'd got some more pictures of the beautiful Constance Roe bags, as they've got a good story behind them, too; named after the designer's grandmother, a stylish girl-about-town in her day, these bags are made from leather offcuts in small runs. I love that there is that combination of design and resourcefulness and it's executed so well. I want this slate blue bag, if you're wondering. What's that? Valentine's Day is coming up? Why yes, yes it is... leads You have no idea how much I want to take Babycat for Walkies with one of these. letterstoletty And I loved this idea: Letters from Letty, a subscription where once a month you get a parcel in the mail full of surprise goodies. I love getting snail mail and I know I'm not the only one – isn't it nice to get pretty packages among the boring window enveloped bills? Brown paper and string wrapped things are always a favourite.

Then Iolanthe and I took the cage lift down (one round of stairs was enough for me) and went to have coffee. I admit, it was a pretty damn nice, and special, way to welcome in the weekend! me_iolanthe

12 comments:

GracefullyVintage said...

That dress suits you so much, you look beautiful as always!

Meg Eileen Carroll said...

Oh that spread with the cakes. Yummo! And you and your friends are all so gorgeous in your florals :D

Iliska Dreams said...

I think everyone loves snail mail, the excitement of unwrapping something that the postie has bought to your door, always makes my day.

http://iliska-dreams.blogspot.com.au/

Vivian Perry said...

Beautiful pics. Thanks and keep sharing.


Designer Inspired Rings

Charlie Bones said...

What a beautiful post, I really enjoyed the gorgeous pictures, as well as reading. I've discovered your blog yesterday I believe but it's already one of my favourite, and oh your style is so unique, I'm loving it !
Have a beautiful day !

Charlie xx
http://charliesmakeupboxes.blogspot.com/

Suzi Maynard said...

That looks like a divine way to spend the day.
Hope you're well.
Suzi x'For the Love of Audrey

Jessica Cangiano said...

So very much loveliness! I adore the dangling strings of fans - what a great spin on the usual hanging Asian lanterns.

♥ Jessica

Melissa Gaggiano said...

I love the Nicholas Building. The city is changing so much, sadly becoming ultra modern. But I hope NB never gets caught up in these changes. I like that this building is a hub for design dreams and vintage love.

Spoonful of Vintage said...

I'm still very impressed with the Samsung Galaxy camera...it must be so much easier to cart around! my Canon and it's lenses can get a bit heavy!
Looks like you ladies had a lovely day, the high tea looks decadent!
xoxo Amie @ Spoonful of Vintage

Hannah said...

Aahh what a perfect day, shoes, bags and cakes! xxx

Shell KittyAndBuck said...

William from Metal Couture makes the most beautiful jewellery, I have a cathedral ring from him and it's one of my most prized pieces, it's beautiful.
Shell
Kitty & Buck

Picturetalk321 said...

Can I surgically graft myself onto this building????

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...