Tuesday, 19 March 2013

etsy, sunsets and melbourne

glitter shoes Last Wednesday I went to the city to see the Etsy Australia installation at Fed Square's Atrium. The light here has suddenly changed (as well as the temperature, which is so much cooler our neighbours have been using their woodfire at night but let's not even go there just yet) and my glitter shoes looked extra sparkly so they made disco dots dance on the wall.

autumn tree path Walking down the path to the train station in the new golden light felt almost magical. So much nicer now that leaving the house in daylight hours is bearable! It's already hard to believe it was ever that hot. autumn tree path leaves the forum theatre melbourne The city looked amazing as the sun set. ky ch I saw these gorgeously colourful people, Kylie and Cheryl. etsy atrium And admired the colour everywhere. etsy roses Beautiful etsy pieces. hopeless lingerie etsy Including one I recognised straight away, Melbourne's own Hopeless Lingerie. etsy salmon a Can I just say how good the finger food was? Seriously. New levels! etsy salmon b mushrooms The installation will be there for the rest of the month. Me? I left in the last splashes of sunlight to go to my brother-in-law's house to see him and John, where we drank too much hot tea, talked about artichokes and stayed up far too late for a school night. It was wonderful, really! atrium forum

10 comments:

BaronessVonVintage said...

WOW, looks like it was an amazing event with gorgeous food, locale, people!

AhkaVintage said...

Bring on the cool change! I love Melbourne this time of year - I'm so ready for a visit there soon!
www.ahkavintage.com

esme and the laneway said...

BaronessVonVintage : it was, it's nice to see so much creativity and warmth here! <3

AhkaVintage : the cool change has freaked us all out, we almost need to put the heater on, but I'm not complaining! Melbourne is best, I think, in Autumn and winter x

ravenlocks said...

Ooh...I like that floral headpiece/headband in the 7th picture. The food really does look amazing!

xo Azu

www.raven-locks.blogspot.com

Cathryn {Pencil Stitches} said...

Ohhh I will have to take and visit and look. I love Etsy :)

Cathryn {Pencil Stitches} said...

Ohh I love Etsy, I will have to go and have a look!

And yes completely agree... I feel like I have forgotten what the heat feels like already!

Vickie said...

gorgeous photos & the food looks delish. Love the sunlit path photo & the last one. I'm loving the cooler weather too :)

Emma said...

What a cool exhibition! I always love seeing (and buying!) local things.

The light on the pathway is absolutely gorgeous!

Gaby - Hopeless Lingerie said...

Thank you for posting the picture of my little cami!! I have to get myself down there to see with my own eyes before it's too late!!!

Jane@flightplatformliving said...

looks wonderful, that lady with the amazing pink hair makes me want to go that colour again x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...