Wednesday, 27 March 2013

hot autumn days, vintage yellows and blue ruffles

pearl oyster mirror Yesterday was very productive and very nice: I had a meeting with gorgeous vintage blogger Trish. We agree that meetings over brunch are a very good thing. trish yellow I loved her vintage yellows and next time must get more pictures! mushrooms We decided to continue our work with some vintage research – shopping at a few second hand stores, that is..! We both found some great things. I'll show you mine soon. We then drove home through a part of Melbourne that feels so rural and leafy – not very lush, at this time of year, but golden and very Australian. We thought it would be a good spot for some photo taking. I forgot to swap cameras when I took Trish's photos, so you'll have to check her blog for those! me blue ruffles c me blue ruffles b I wore my blue 1970's dress – I love the ruffle-y collar and need a few more ruffles in my life. I matched my creamy orange polka dot platform shoes from Gorman with an orange belt from another dress. I then added to this with that vintage well-read book in my bag that you can see – but I can't claim that as intentional! It's now still so warm but much more comfortable – basically the perfect summer weather. I wonder when the real Autumn weather will begin?! me blue ruffles d

9 comments:

trishhunterfinds said...

Vintage research, & meetings over brunch, We're such hard workers. :)
Twas a lovely day. I have some serious camera envy after the day. Gareth is already eye rolling at my repetitive 'but I neeeed one.' spiels.

xx

Iliska Dreams said...

Love Trish's broach! Where did you get your bag from?

http://iliska-dreams.blogspot.com.au/

bon. said...

love those platform wedges! gorman has the greatest things

www.bowiebowie.com

b and e said...

Absolutely Lovely! Ah, to be vintage shopping in Melbourne... will have to settle for Sydney! Not as amazing as your beautiful dresses in Melbourne however! My fellow blogger (shared blog) Elishia is going to make the move to Melbourne from Adelaide at the end of May - JEALOUS! Perhaps you will pass in the vintage stores ;-)
bxx

Vintage Girl said...

The most beautiful smile ever - love your blog

picturetalk321 said...

Why I visit your blog: it is so beautiful. The frocks : beautiful and elegant. But also the settings and the notes on the Australian seasons: so atmospheric. Finally, the writing: sparse, welcoming, graceful. :)

Angelica said...

What a beautiful blue dress <3

beate grigutsch said...

happy easter you beautiful girl :-)
we have to search for our eggs in the snow this spring....... can you send us a little sunshine???

Snow said...

Looks like such a lovely day! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...