Wednesday, 13 March 2013

journeys and arrivals

Babycat licky tongue a So, last Thursday, John and I popped our packed bags in the car boot, said goodbye to Babycat, and headed to the Mansion Hotel and Spa at Werribee Park for a wonderful two day get-away. We were both super excited; we've been to the Mansion a couple of times before but not stayed the night, and it's so beautiful there! We were also exhaaaauuuusted by the endless heatwave and couldn't wait to enjoy a break together. Knowing I was going to be traveling in a hot car for an hour or so, I wore a very comfortable vintage sun dress.

leaving holidays a You can see how excited I was! Babycat licky tongue b Babycat, however, was not so concerned. omlette dill First things first, we needed a hearty breakfast for the journey – it's not actually long, but it was a very hot day and our car has no air con so we need to be properly prepared. John had a yummy omlette. muesli stawbellies pistachios And I had muesli, my summer favourite. I just had such a craving for strawberries. flask hot car Then it was car time. We took a flask of icy water for the trip. melbourne bridge a And whizzed down the road past the big bridge that reminds me of Clint Eastwood films and cowboys. There is Melbourne city, that tiny blue smudge in the distance. It always amazes me, after growing up in London and traveling in and out of the city, how quickly you are in the countryside here. melbourne landscape a This is what the landscape looks like at this time of year. Golden yellow and very flat. So familiar to me now. melbourne landscape b Because we were driving so fast (on the freeway!) it was actually not too hot; the wind kept us cooler. wheels And the traffic was nice and light, and sometimes very cool too. car wingy mirro Obligatory car window shot. We were there already! goosey goosey gander honk And greeted by some geese – I think! They said hello. I think Babycat might have cheered up for them! Babycat licky tongue c arriving at werribee mansion b We were pretty happy to get out of the car. arriving at werribee mansion c But even happier about the 24 hours ahead! arriving at werribee mansion e And in very serious moods, of course..! arriving at werribee mansion g arriving at werribee mansion We walked up the huge, sweeping driveway to the Mansion. arriving at werribee mansion f And settled in to our room. John face-photobombed me! bouncing on the bed Checking the beds. Comfortable. bouncing on the bed c We needed a bit if a rest after all that. It was so, so nice to lay down in a cool room, sink into soft pillows and get ourselves ready for the afternoon... which I'll share soon! bouncing on the bed d

17 comments:

Aliya said...

What a lovely two-day getaway that looked like, can't wait to hear more! That dress looks so lovely on you and I adore those polka dot wedges!

If you have the time, I'd really appreciate it if you could pop by my blog where I'm hosting a giveaway for my little vintage etsy store:
Hill Side Story
Hill Side Story on FB


xx Aliya

Ivana fashio girl said...

Nice photos :))

http://ivanafashiongirl.blogspot.com

Missy Piggy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mrs Advocat said...

It looks so pretty around Melbourne! and I love get aways as well, and the great glamour you add!

Laura said...

sounds like a lovely trip! the pictures are so pretty and your cat is the cutest! x

LandGirl1980 said...

Looks lush!

Sammi said...

What beautiful pictures! The trip sounds like it was amazing. I love the picture of Babycat's tongue!

xox Sammi
www.thesoubrettebrunette.blogspot.com

Chidiogo Maxwell said...

wow...beautiful pictures. I love your hair! you are a breath of fresh air.
Great post

Jessica Cangiano said...

You really do have the most enchantingly lovely adventures! These snaps are all fantastic - and so pretty.


♥ Jessica

Q's Daydream said...

Looks glorious! Love that dress too :)

Natasha said...

Oh gosh I can't wait for winter. The last few days have been so ridiculously hot :(

Eccentric Owl said...

Oh, what a lovely trip!

esme and the laneway said...

Aliya : more coming up sooN!

Ivana fashio girl : thanks!

Missy Piggy : I didn't remove your comment, I've no idea what is going on with comments atm?! :<


Mrs Advocat : haha well, some of it is pretty!

Laura : it was! Babycat is too too cute x

LandGirl1980 : it really was, which is so rare here!

Sammi : haha yes it's a good one! I could take pictures of her poking out that tongue forever x

Chidiogo Maxwell : thanks very much x

Jessica Cangiano thank you! Thanks to John too x

Q's Daydream : it really was, more than expected. And thanks! It's my comfy-no-fear dress :)

Natasha the last month has been ridiculously hot! I never want it to be summer again.

Amia said...

That looks like it was such a nice beginning to your trip, even without air conditioning. That photo of Babycat was hilarious.
http://teapotsandbelles.blogspot.com/

Elyce Sandri said...

Looks amazing... I live in the inner west so Werribee is so close by. I really need to head out there one day!

Stefanie said...

Such lovely photos and you look like you were having so much fun. Very nice to get a getaway even if it is only for a couple of days.

Ps Babycats face is the best. :)

Fiona said...

Babycat is so cute!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...