Wednesday, 20 March 2013

spirit of the black dress runway gala 2013, early 1960's dresses, a seagull and a brooch

sotbd applause Last Thursday I went to the Spirit of the Black Dress Runway Gala with darling Iolanthe. sbd face sbd face hi It finally, and rather suddenly, cooled down in Melbourne, so I could wear my fitted 1960's dress in the black and red print. I know, it doesn't look as though it has cooled down, does it?! But trust me, the change is huge – it's still warm and sunny and it's beautiful but it is now nice to be outside. Especially in the evenings! I think our Autumn has something of the spring or even a pleasant summer about it... but let's get back to Thursday. vintage brooch I added a vintage sparkly brooch with pale blue stones. I suddenly have a taste for vintage bijoux and feel a little collection coming on..! I also seem to have accessorised with some Babycat fluff but there's nothing new there. melbourne yarra seagull The evening was absolutely beautiful and Melbourne sparkled for us. I like how the seagull stayed for the pictures. sunshine water sunshine water b iolanthe spd shoulders spd audience b spd swoosh socks and gloves The gala was bigger than ever before, and we were looking forward to the show, the lights dimming, the music starting. The dresses were dramatic. It was interesting to see the styling, with ankle socks worn with heels – a look I've loved and worn for a long time now, dahlings, I've been so on trend – oh I do hope you know I'm joking! – I cannot even say on trend, never mind get excited about it – and I liked the long leather gloves. black lace And everyone loved this long black lace dress. spd end Then it was over. It turns out it is the last one, too, after five years of supporting and showcasing emerging Australian designers. The dresses are on display in Melbourne as part of the L'oreal Melbourne Fashion Festival, and it's free so you can pop in and have a look – much better to see them in the flesh than in my photos! And, a little hint for you: they're not all black..!

3 comments:

charlotte lamont said...

Your dress is absolutely divine! I think I will have to copy the pattern!

GracefullyVintage said...

I love the dress! You look wonderful as always!

Veronica Darling said...

I have made a blue toned dress just like your 60s one... similar neckline etc! So flattering!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...