Saturday, 20 April 2013

a perfect autumn brunch

japanese salad breakfast b Perfect Sunday brunch for three at one of our favourite Melbourne cafes, Pearl Oyster in Preston – or Thornbury, if you're feeling 'burb snobby. John had a beautiful, healthy Japanese salad and I instantly had food envy. omlette breakfast P-Bo had a hearty omlette. I never order these but I think I should now the weather is colder. I love them when they're done just right, all firm on the outside and soft and warm and oozy in the middle. walnut pecan date loaf Me? I had cake. I had cake for breakfast. Well, it was a date and walnut loaf, and it was absolutely delicious, but it is, let's face it, cake. Not something to do every day but damn it was good. It came with orange blossom mascarpone. Yum. I'm all inspired to do some baking now! And to make some salmon breakfasts again, too. I like sweet and savoury in the mornings – not together though, of course! And you, are you a sweet or savoury breakfast person? japanese salad breakfast a


casper+pearl said...

in love with this post, and your whole entire blog in general.

lots of love from the casper&pearl girls – a little Aussie fashion brand
casper&pearl blog

Jessica Cangiano said...

Massive yummers all around the breakfast! That orange blossom mascarpone sounds heavenly! I'm thinking it would make for a rather sublime doughnut or cupcake filling, too.

♥ Jessica

AhkaVintage said...

Your brunches always look totally divine!

Selina said...

I'm a sweet tooth!

trishhunterfinds said...

I had coffee from there today. My new fav place. I have never strayed from the Mushrooms however. They were and are too amazing. Definitely a savory breakfast girl. x

Natasha said...

I thought about this the other day. I prefer savoury breakfasts, but we usually eat fruit salad or oats during the week. I do crave the fruit salad when I don't have it for a few days though. We discovered macadamia nut butter a while back and it makes the fruit salad so good.

Vickie said...

I'm a sweet breakfast person & your cake looks delish! (John's salad looks good too though)

Karin said...

My oh my, looks so good!! Thank you for the inspiration =)

Alli said...

date and walnut loaf.....yummy!

Mabel said...

Brunch is the best! I'm a savory breakfast person. But I've been known to eat cake for breakfast once or twice.

Mabel Cooks

esme and the laneway said...

‪casper+pearl‬ : thanks! 

‪Jessica Cangiano‬ : yes, definitely! Though maybe these donuts would be for dessert ;D

‪AhkaVintage‬ : they are a highlight of my weekend! :D

‪Selina‬ : sugar hit to wake up, FTW!

‪trishhunterfinds‬ : the mushrooms look soooooo good!

‪Natasha‬ : that sounds yum!

‪Vickie‬ : it was! I must try salad, too :)

‪Karin‬ : <3

‪Alli‬ : yep!

‪Mabel‬ : hehe sometimes it just hits the spot..!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...