Wednesday, 3 April 2013

climbing yellow roses and two points

yellow roses b Hello! This post is one photo to make two points. It's not ideal but such is life, right? Here is me from last Wednesday, when I wore my new early 1960s sun dress with yellow roses. The two reasons I want to share this, and no, it's not meant to be an arty photo (even though it looks like it's having a rather amusing go at it) but I had just got home from a morning of writing with a friend and was soggy from the hot car ride. (I also suddenly had a nice relapse of my cold, which then tried its hand at being flu all Thursday, and explains the lack of pictures.)

And that is the first of my points: after some cooler, or at least not hot weather, and even some cold days (a neighbour had their wood fire going), we had some more hot sunny ones, and last Wednesday was one of them. Just one week ago today I was sodden in a light sundress, and today I am sat here writing this in a woolen jumper. This shows to anyone not familiar with our weather just how extreme it is – and how mean. Mean! There aren't too many in-between days, where the wearing of a sundress is wonderful and warm and everything is lovely. Wouldn't that be nice? I'm already getting a kind of longing for warmer weather from looking at Pinterest..! And don't I feel like Goldilocks because of it.

The other reason, which I'll keep shorter (phew) (my roses are doing enough rambling and they're purdy so it's ok) is simply that I wanted to share my new vintage (do us vintage wearers need special a word for this? I think we do!) dress. Softest creamy cotton, with yellow roses detailed with peach and olive climbing the skirt and bodice. It was instant love. Now, I wonder how many times can I wear it, with a cardigan and stockings, before our winter proper starts?

5 comments:

dreamingofavonlea said...

The dress is gorgeous but I LOVE the shoes! Are they vintage too? x

Jessica Cangiano said...

Tremendously pretty new vintage frock. There is just no cheerier hue of roses than warm, buttery yellow like the ones splashed across this splendid dress.

♥ Jessica

esme and the laneway said...

dreamingofavonlea: Thanks :) they're not, they're second hand from a few years ago.

Jessica Cangiano: thank you! x

Stefanie said...

It a little sneak peak of a very pretty dress and I love those shoes, they seem like a very reasonable height to walk in all day long. (Although I don't think I can give up super tall wedges anytime soon. ) ;)

esme and the laneway said...

Stefanie : haha totalllly know what you mean about super tall wedges! I felt kinda short in these ;D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...