Tuesday, 9 April 2013

Easter Monday, vintage blue florals and a tree swing

smile Easter doesn't just stop on Sunday for me. Easter Monday is when we do it all again, this time at a different location and with the extended family. yawns This was meant to be something of a smile but I ended up yawning. What can I say, I was feeling the long-weekend laziness! I soon perked up, I promise. green tree mulch We were in a beautiful, leafy part of outer Melbourne. Erm, just ignore the mulch heap! blue flowers I was very happy that while it wasn't Autumn-y, exactly, it wasn't hot. The cardigan wasn't entirely necessary but I had high hopes that by the end of the afternoon it would be! fireplace That said, the fire was going. This was for some of the people there who weren't feeling 100%. I love real fire places and would love to have one in my own house. Apparently having fires is a hassle but as I don't have to chop would and sweep up afterwards, I am completely romantic about them and think nothing of the hard work involved! trains We packed three generations into the one room. The smallest people played with toy trains, whilst the rest of us chatted. I spoke with a 15 year old who spent 6 weeks in France a couple of months ago and decided I really need to get there this year! It feels so far away. teacup cheese There was plenty of food, of course. And beautiful vintage teacups. fish And fresh fish, caught by my 17 year old nephew-in-law just that morning. Impressive! full bread table full plate John dug in, and it looks like he is eating a tiny flame. tiny foot Post lunch sport. It got heated! garden So we went for a walk in the gorgeous, lush garden. blue a Which is so pretty it put a huge smile on my face. garden tree swing a garden tree swing b And there is a swing, hanging from a branch. I couldn't not go for a swing – albeit tentative, as the branch isn't actually that thick, as you can see! There were a few ominous creeks but I rather like living on the edge every now and then. blue c Me, and the swing – and the branch – survived. The sun came out. sparkle cardigan And the cardigan came off. sparkle down blue b But not for long. Then we went in for coffee, cake, and more Easter eggs before heading back home. It was so nice to see everyone, and have them together for even just a few hours. It can be so hard to find time to get everyone together but it is worth the effort. A wonderful way to see off the Easter weekend! blue flowers laughing

20 comments:

Is It Secret, Is It Safe said...

Love all the blue! That's a beautiful dress!

-Katie

Alice said...

Oh my! I so love your dress. Love the color and the print. I find it classy and light. Perfect for spring.

ourdailydress said...

This may just be my favourite outfit of yours ever. And that Cardy is a thing of wonder!

Becky said...

I wouldn't be able to resist having a go on the swing either!

Becky
xx

Lauren VsTheMachine said...

I love that your hair matches your outfit!!! You look stunning!

Jessica Cangiano said...

Sweepingly gorgeous snaps. The abundance of blue in your wonderful ensemble works so well against the leafy green yard. Love the swing, too - my paternal grandparents build a somewhat similar one for us grandkids in their backyard when I was little.

♥ Jessica

April Sharman said...

It looks like you had a fun Easter weekend.

bliss-ologie said...

I vote that someone invent the air conditioning fire place so we can have a fire burning all year long.

Stefanie said...

It looks like you had a wonderful Easter, It always so nice to have gatherings with family and friends. I want to try and make even more of an effort this year to do just that. AND that dress is so gorgeous, the blue against the white are so crisp and bright. :)

Amia said...

Love your dress and your hair, beautiful!
teapotsandbelles.blogspot.com

Hannah said...

You look gorgeous, I think florals are meant for you and my log fires and tasty food, perfection! xxx

esme and the laneway said...

ourdailydress: thanks! I'm super chuffed with the cardi :)

Anonymous Alice : and our Autumn :) which is completely Spring like in my mind anyway!

Becky : it'd be wrong not to give it a go :)

Jessica Cangiano : thank you beautiful lady!

Lauren VsTheMachine : hehe thanks, it was a rather blue day :)

bliss-ologie : I see a plus to that kind of wizadry..!


Hannah : hehe it could have been worse, for sure :)

Stefanie : yes! It can be a pain to organise but ultimately they're worth it :)

Ava G said...

This is one your most memorable dresses I think. I found an 80's retro dress a month or so back that reminded me of the dress you're wearing here. It's very different of course, but the blue flowers make a pretty pattern for a dress. I agree with Jessica, the blue is beautifully contrasted with the lush green outside. (:

Alexa
retrospendthrift.com

Norlin said...

I am in love with your dress! Love the prints and colour and your hair! It really goes with your hair! :) Sorry for the numerous exclamation marks btw.

ZoSews said...

How cute are those blue tights with your dress!

Sarah said...

You look lovely as always! I have a 1960s dress in similar colours, it's one of my favourites. Too bad I can't wear it yet because the weather isn't warm enough. :(

7cakes said...

Love, love this dress! You look darling and always have the cutest vintage dresses =D
http://agastronomescloset.wordpress.com/

Anonymous said...

Which lipstick do you use in these photos? the same of limecrime? it´s beautiful ¡¡¡¡ thanks ¡

Natalie_vintage_girl said...

love those tights!

MarieBayArea said...

You're so gorgeous and have such a charmed and blessed life.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...