Thursday, 4 April 2013

Easter Sunday, a full skirted dress, hungry grass and a dolphin

hair jumper match How was your Easter Sunday? Mine was nice but after two days at home in full holiday mode it wasn't so easy to do such strenuous things such as Getting Dressed and Leaving The House. John and I had become rather attached to the couch and the TV. But we knew it would be nice to see the family and eat some home cooked lasagna, so we did manage to find the energy..! And we reached a new level in coupledom: my hair matched his jumper. Well done us!

pale blue hair red lips It was nice to wear makeup again after several days without it. And look! A cardigan! It was deliciously fresh out. Also note the photo taking in the car... there were loads of road closures and it took ages to get to John's mum's house so I was just passing the time! outside easter My mother-in-law has brand new lawn and was very keen for me to walk on it and feel how soft it is. It is indeed very soft and I sank into it and worried that this was a bad thing but no, I could enjoy the plushness as much as I liked. It looks like the grass is eating my foot. I was wearing my Marni shoes for the first time, and they survived the sinking very well. easter sunday table oliveseating around the table easter lasagna Olives from an uncle's tree. Lunch was, of course, amazing. I'd really missed lasagna. I really quite like these coasters, too! tiny golf The kids had some ideas for the mini golf club drink mixers and their easter eggs. nonna coffee And us grown ups enjoyed some more hot coffee. frilly sleeves Post lunch snoozey time... I was backlit and showed off my frilly sleeves to advantage. I really like this sleeve style, I might have to find another dress with it..! It never ends, does it???!!! john shoes We sat about and squawked at MKR... making tea ... which is thristy work and requires tea. straight hair blue waves I'd curled my hair with hot rollers, which is something I like to do every 18 months or so to prove how they don't work for me. It was a bit drizzly outside so they dropped right out. drinking tea Anyway, we had tea, and dolphins..! Oh and dress swirling too. This dress has THE fullest skirt, I love it. Afterwards we headed home for a quiet night in on the couch with Babycat and ate the rest of the apple crumble we'd made the night before, to make up for the fact that we hadn't had much chocolate. Sooooo good. A lovely cosy Easter Sunday. What did you do for yours? bw swirly skirt

32 comments:

Rebecca Tan said...

Looks like such a lovely day.... I simply love your photography and always look forward to new posts!

The blue tights was such a cute choice!! that grey dress is delightful! x hope you had a lovely easter! x

Anonymous said...

Hi hun - I'd love to know what method you use to get great curl your hair. I also have a similar issue with most curls dropping straight out after I've spent hours trying to set! Anyway you look terrific as usual, your pastel hair is amazing...I'm looking to try pink myself soon xx

Selina said...

I got distracted by the bowl of olives and your Heidi dress...:P

Naomi said...

I love the frilly sleeves!

Prabal Gurung for Target Giveaway!

Helen Le Caplain said...

Another stunning set of photos - the first one is my favourite!

Looks like you had a great time :)

www.mancunianvintage.com

Vickie said...

we had a stall at he local farmers market Easter Sunday, after which we had a lazy afternoon & a delicious dinner :)

love that second photo.

Amy said...

You look amazing, as always. That lipstick is incredible, such a wonderful colour - complements your hair lovely! : )

xxxx

art deco dame said...

That gingham dress is lovely!

Jessica Cangiano said...

You are not alone in having hot rollers do little more than on your hair, they were precisely the same way with my natural hair, too (my current wig is isn't heat resistant, so I can't comment on how well they'd work on a wig yet) - only a wet set would do the trick for me. Your hair looks very lovely (as always) here, fear not.

♥ Jessica

Sammi said...

So pretty! You are stunning and these pictures are lovely. I love your dress!!

xox Sammi
www.thesoubrettebrunette.blogspot.com

Becky said...

That first photo is stunning and you are beautiful!

Becky
xx

Roxie Roulette said...

Oh it looks like such a lovely day! Easter here in England was colder than our Christmas!

Jacinta said...

You cuties! I just want to cuddle you and John up...and babycat too of course.
I love the hair colour!! I spent all easter eating way too much chocolate and then went to Industry Beans for lunch. It was amazing! Opened by the Penny Farthing boys who are so lovely...and handsome. ;)

Charlie Bones said...

You always look so gorgeous. I can never get enough of your pictures !

Ava G said...

Beautiful! I love the contrast between the blue stockings and the gingham dress! Fantastic pictures.

Alexa
retrospendthrift.com

Debs said...

That dress just begs to be twirled in :)

Meg Eileen Carroll said...

Oh, I love your easter outfit. Mine was pretty relaxed this year, a walk along queenscliff beach and fresh scones followed by a hectic night at work. I was wondering if I could ask your advice on hair dying. I'm brunette and have been thinking about going light pink which would involve bleaching it and all that and I'm worried about hair damage. What's your experience been with dying your hair and long term effects? Thanks & happy easter :D

Sarah said...

Beautiful photos, I just love your dress as well! It looks like you had a lovely easter, mine was pretty quiet but this was mainly due to the fact that I didn't want to go out much due to it being so cold in London!

Jo said...

Sounds perfect. Loving the hair colour!
Jo :-)

Foxburrow Vintage said...

I dressed up in a lovely 50s dress I've been saving just for the occasion... and went to my in-laws house for some lovely roast lamb and family time.

http://www.foxburrowvintage.com/2013/03/holidays-time-to-go-over-top.html

I love your couple matching... I made my husband (well..not made) wear a shirt to match my dress. Holidays are the best time to dress up!

Your photos are always so lovely...what kind of camera do you use??? I have a point and shoot and need something better.

Dear Thirty said...

Wow, I love your hair this colour - stunning!

Andi B. Goode said...

Hahaha I love that your hair matched John's jumper! Looks like it was a lovely day - that lasagne looks delicous. Yum.
-Andi x

Andi B. Goode said...

I think I may have spelt delicious wrong. Oops.

Suzi Maynard said...

I enjoyed reading your blog! Love your dress & new Marni shoes. I bought some new shoes too-just today in fact. They're featured on my blog right now.
Suzi x
For the Love of Audrey

Hannah said...

Oh my the dress is gorgeous, Dolly Parton would be proud! Your hair is so lush! xxx

Cheray Natalie... said...

gorgeous easter outfit - so in love with that cardi <3
and your hair is just lovely!
Cheray x

Vicky said...

those flowery coasters are just lovely.

Jane George said...

yep it's official, you are simply gorgeous! x

look see (naomi) said...

I love that dress! :)

Vintage-von-Virgo / Patrycja Prószyńska said...

You look amazaning! I love Your blog! greattings from Poland:) http://vintage-von-virgo.blogspot.com/

Greg said...

Good to see you wearing your seatbelt John!

Erica Louise said...

Nice to see a snippet of your Easter weekend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...