Monday, 29 April 2013

lavender curls, a soap bubble cardigan, vintage green ruffles and lace

vintage-green-ruffle-skirt d Hello and happy Monday! Another week to jump into and make the most of. This morning a friend came over and we did some work together – exciting stuff, more on that soon! Babycat proved to be an excellent assistant, ever present and ready to provide input and opinions (and fur balls) at all times. vintage-green-ruffle-skirt b We are having some rather lovely – yes, I know, it is jealousy-inducing – Autumn weather at the moment. Not that it feels like Autumn, really, but more like Spring. Melbourne always has had that, for me. We don't have all the red leaves yet – it's been too warm and the trees are confused – and there is no Bonfire Night to look forward too, which is my favourite bit of late Autumn. But is has been warm and golden and fresh, which is nice. It's also meant that I can still wear my summer dresses with just a cardigan – no need for tights these past few days, either! I got to wear my new vintage green ruffle square dancing skirt. And when skirts are full and ruffle-y, they simply must be ruffled! vintage-green-ruffle-skirt a It has extra lace ruffles at the back! vintage-green-ruffle-skirt c Which frankly demand a bit of a spin. vintage-green-ruffle-skirt g My soap bubble cardigan was super warm and soft. vintage-green-ruffle-skirt f As were my house socks. How good are they! Baby blue Norwegian pattern – with pom poms! Two apiece. Love them. vintage-green-ruffle-skirt e And now I have a mountain of things to do! I wonder when I'll be able to wear my woolen winter dresses? Hopefully soon. And, see you soon! Enjoy your Monday! vintage-green-ruffle-skirt h

25 comments:

Helen Le Caplain said...

Happy Monday to you too!

You're so lucky to have such lovely autumns - please can you persuade it to make an appearance for the UK summer?! Thanks :)

www.mancunianvintage.com

Lucy In The Sky said...

Really lovely skirt. I love the lace detailing on the back. And how cute that Babycat was wanting to join in with your work too. She looks to be quite a big cat!

MarieBayArea said...

Love that last photo. Fun!

Fiona said...

I love seeing pictures of your cat she looks awesome! Your outfit is super cute too, as always!

Natalie_vintage_girl said...

Lovely as always. Your hair is especially magnificent.

AhkaVintage said...

Gorgeous! Loving the hair lately - best ever?

www.ahkavintage.com
Join our $150 dress giveaway!

Amanda Goulder said...

Love the skirt! that emarald green is one of my favourites and so hard to come by these days!

Brooke F said...

Oooohhhhh - that green skirt is darling! Those flounces! That colour! You wouldn't be able to stop me swirling all day long. You look stunning as usual.

Anonymous said...

i think you are one of the loveliest ladies, i have yet to meet!!

alittlevintagestory said...

Amazing skirt! Whats not to love with pouffy ruffles, lace and o finish it all off that fabulous green.

Anonymous said...

I love your hair!! Can you please do a post how you dye it- the brands you use, the colours, a kind of step by step guide??

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Can you do an updated video on your curls lately? They're looking amazing!

art deco dame said...

Great skirt and the kitty is so cute

Margarita Bloom said...

Such cute pictures...I just want to cuddle with Baby Cat! I love that skirt...the color is amazing and those pom pom socks...adorable! :)

geehawkes said...

I cannot get over how lovely your hair is! Such a beautiful outfit - and I always think everyone should own at least one pair of fun house socks! x
fiveonecouture.blogspot.co.uk

Becky said...

Oh my goodness!!! That skirt!!!!

Becky
xx

Sammi said...

That skirt is absolutely amazing, and I love the cardigan, too! :)

xox Sammi
www.thesoubrettebrunette.blogspot.com

Teresa said...

Oooh! Where did you get your socks? Online? I really want a pom-pom pair. :D

Jessica Cangiano said...

That skirt is so, so incredible! I've always been a fan of skirts (and dresses) with backs that are hiding exciting details that you don't necessarily get a sense of from the front.

♥ Jessica

Rochelle New said...

Wooo that's one fancy skirt!! That color green looks positively radiant against your gorgeous hair. You're just one big ol' dose of loveliness <3

Ava G said...

I love everything about this look. Those ruffles at the back of the skirt are so darling. Love the pom-pommed socks.
(:

esme and the laneway said...

‪Helen Le Caplain‬ : it's like our seasons are refusing to swap! I'd love to send our siun shine :) It has just got very cold, maybe it is finally happening..?!



‪Lucy In The Sky‬ : thanks! Babycat is surprisingly big, but with the tiniest little pin head... she's a funny kitty!



‪MarieBayArea‬ : hehe it can't all be purty pouts ;D


‪Fiona‬ : thanks! Glad you like Babycat too :D



‪Natalie_vintage_girl‬ : thanks! Freshly coloured, it makes me happy :D



‪AhkaVintage‬ : ooh thanks very much! I like this longer length and colour, will keep it a bit longer for sure :)



‪Amanda Goulder‬ : thanks! I know, I hardly see any green for summer stuff and I love green! x


‪Brooke F‬ : thank yoU!


‪Anonymous‬ : but who are you, anonymous? :)


‪alittlevintagestory‬ : thanks :) But now it'll have to wait for spring..!


‪Anonymous‬ : I absolutely can, for the lilac/lavender/blues, but not the bleaching :) I'll do it next week :)


‪Anonymous‬ : ok! I did photos of it (the set) but a video would be good too :)



‪art deco dame‬ : thanks! Kitty knows it hehe ;)



‪Margarita Bloom‬ : thank you! Babycat is wonderful for cuddles so I'll do one right now x


‪geehawkes‬ : house socks are the BEST :D


‪Becky‬ : :D


‪Sammi‬ : thank you! x


‪Teresa‬ : Woolies! x


‪Jessica Cangiano‬ : I love that hidden element too! You only sometimes see them here and I really like them!


‪Rochelle New‬ : thank you! x

‪Ava G‬ : thanks! Hehe the pom poms (pon poms!) are my favourite thing atm! SOoooooo warm – believe it or not our once the sun goes down it is very cold here now! x

ConstantlyAlice said...

That skirt is absolutely adorable :) I LOVE the back!

margaretvspauline said...

Catching up on your posts, these curls are to die for! I wish I had a clue how to do that!

Aimee P said...

Lovely sweet look! The ruffles and Norwegian socks are so cute.
xoxo Aimee
bowsandbeau-ties.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...